• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others Wishbound Desires [Demo2] [Minami Chan]

minami chan

Aug 5, 2022
I enjoyed the game a lot, game is hard, is a bit punishing that you can shuffle ur deck only 4 times before game over, also that the enemy goes back to 12 is very harsh. other than that gameplay is very fun and catchy. However game needs more tips, and UI clarification on what to do and how it works, tutorial needs to say obvious stuff like you can use as many cards as you want and what the exact objective is, very unclear, because if you are not used to this is very hard understand what everything does. As a fan of deckbuilders and roguelike similar to this, very good game looking forward for the complete version on steam
Thank you for your comment. I planned several bosses for the game, and the threshold to reveal each of them is different. For example, the boss in the demo is more about endurance (i.e. the players need to fight more minions and make a big deck before the bosses). There is another boss that only need 6 to reveal, but will buff all enemies on screen (even when the bosses are hidden) so the players have to quickly reveal and disable the bosses. I hope each boss will be a fresh challenge for the players.

The 4 life are fixed, but the player HP and MP are changed later, when the players get to know more girl spirits and get their blessing. The blessing is related to the girl's personality, so there is a yandere girl blessing that actually reduce HP and MP, in exchange for some powerful abilities. So if you want to play defensively, or aggressively, you can do it.

Thank you so much for the comment on the tutorial. I will add the tips about using as many cards as the players want and the objectives.

If it is possible, please let me know exactly what you need the tutorial to tell you, beside those points?

runekill

Jun 4, 2018
Thank you for your comment. I planned several bosses for the game, and the threshold to reveal each of them is different. For example, the boss in the demo is more about endurance (i.e. the players need to fight more minions and make a big deck before the bosses). There is another boss that only need 6 to reveal, but will buff all enemies on screen (even when the bosses are hidden) so the players have to quickly reveal and disable the bosses. I hope each boss will be a fresh challenge for the players.

The 4 life are fixed, but the player HP and MP are changed later, when the players get to know more girl spirits and get their blessing. The blessing is related to the girl's personality, so there is a yandere girl blessing that actually reduce HP and MP, in exchange for some powerful abilities. So if you want to play defensively, or aggressively, you can do it.

Thank you so much for the comment on the tutorial. I will add the tips about using as many cards as the players want and the objectives.

If it is possible, please let me know exactly what you need the tutorial to tell you, beside those points?
My 5 cents, Personally I had hard time to figure out what are all those figures around Monsters are meant, there are no hints, neither description of the Monsters (or at least I missed that). Also mana pool and HP pool are quite small to notice as well.

Reactions: minami chan

minami chan

Aug 5, 2022
My 5 cents, Personally I had hard time to figure out what are all those figures around Monsters are meant, there are no hints, neither description of the Monsters (or at least I missed that). Also mana pool and HP pool are quite small to notice as well.
Many thanks. I will add more hints to the UI. I will upload the revised demo soon. Maybe this weekend. Please enjoy.

floralis

Jun 17, 2018
1) you need to be able to see what cards do all the time, and what each number on the screen means, why and how monster do not attack, maybe a toggle
2) tutorial needs to say that the objective is kill the monsters and after that number the boss come out, you need to say that you have limited lives that the counter in the middle restart if you end cards in the deck. dont give anything for granted. difficulty is quite high overall so you need to clarify everything or people will be frustrated
3) imo green cards are very weak, shuffling lv1-lv2 cards in the deck is almost a negative and are only useful with the legendary,
4) game does not closes if you press in the X of the window

also (for your monetary interests) I think the demo should be easier, people don't want to be obliterated immediately, like reduce the monster 12 to 8, if people immediately lose multiple times probably not gonna buy it.

Last edited:

minami chan

Aug 5, 2022
1) you need to be able to see what cards do all the time, and what each number on the screen means, why and how monster do not attack, maybe a toggle
2) tutorial needs to say that the objective is kill the monsters and after that number the boss come out, you need to say that you have limited lives that the counter in the middle restart if you end cards in the deck. dont give anything for granted. difficulty is quite high overall so you need to clarify everything or people will be frustrated
3) imo green cards are very weak, shuffling lv1-lv2 cards in the deck is almost a negative and are only useful with the legendary,
4) game does not closes if you press in the X of the window

also (for your monetary interests) I think the demo should be easier, people don't want to be obliterated immediately, like reduce the monster 12 to 8, if people immediately lose multiple times probably not gonna buy it.
Thank you for your inputs.

I have modified the demo according to people's feedbacks, all the UI items on the play scene have pop-up description now. Please hover the mouse to any number / item on the scene to see the pop-up description. Also, the tutorial texts were rewritten to tell clearly about the win and lose conditions. I have reported the updates to the mods last week, I hoped they have updated it. If they haven't you can always find the latest demo version on the Steam page.

- When you attack a monster, it will be Dazed (a purple icon appear on top of it, you can hover the mouse there and it will say: Dazed, Cannot attack this turn)
- I revised the tutorial texts, hoping everything is clearer now.
- The green cards are actually very important early on. Please use them to summon as many new cards as possible. If you are good at planning, then you can even take damage just to get more cards. Later, you can destroy the green cards when damaged to keep the attack cards. There was one time I summon aggressively and won at the second life. When your main deck has around 25-30 cards, it will ensure a win.
- I will fix that later. I turned that off since closing using (X) in Window may cause memory leak in some case (I'm not very good at programming.)

Maybe I will add an difficultly setting options later, this boss is the easiest of all the bosses that I planned.

floralis

Jun 17, 2018
I downloaded the demo from steam and all the pop ups dont work, in the first demo some were working.
I tried the tutorial and it is better but not enough in my opinion.
you should start with explaining the UI and main objective. "this red number is the HP of the monster this blue is the mana of the monster etc" "to win a fight you need to defeat this number of monsters before running out of cards in the deck and then beat the boss."
If you want i can write for you the script, also I feel english is not your first language some times is a bit unusual the wording in game.

ACC_blaze

Jun 20, 2021
An actual interesting design, but as others have said, pretty hard to grasp without a tutorial, because it is so different to a traditional deckbuilder.