• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Others Winter Warmth [v0.1.9.8] [PowerPlower]

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes

En

May 7, 2017
1714512938849.png 1714512959489.png
1714513009076.png 1714513060340.png

3 days ago
Hello everyone!
I'll head right into it in regards to current status.

Text will still need to be adjusted when we have the renders.
But overall this is finished.
Coding
The game is ready for renders and Animations to be implemented. Additionally we will add a gallery this time around and some smaller functions like "notification" are missing.
3dArt
This one hurts a bit. Far slower than anticipated.
Despite extensive time spent on characters, they aren't as good as they should be and we still need to put time in there.
We should be able to finish the first playthrough in the next few days. Then we will check what characters are acceptable the way there and what other changes need to be done to make sure the game is as good as it can be.
After that I really hope we pick up speed on this. But I realize that the time we had allocated for this, is already up. So we will work on Winter Warmth on the same time as on Karma.
Winter Warmth needed time to reflect on the changes needed to improve it. That has been done to a large degree. It now can use new renders, which we will start doing from the coming week onward.

Winter Warmth
Writing
We have looked at the complete story so far and how/if it fits with the complete narrative we have. There are several changes and improvements coming.
The prologue gets a complete overhaul. We will start testing and adjusting that in the coming weeks. In short you won't have as long to experience the sandbox. Nor will the office be as much of a side thing. You now get more time with Mina to spend at your work.
This much I am willing to disclose.
Code
As you know we have been using Godot 3.5. I have made a post previously that eventually we'll have to upgrade to get some features.
Much of that upgrade has been done and the game can be started again and some parts played. I expect the game to be fully ported in the following week or two.
This includes gdscript 2, Godot 4.3 (dev) and most importantly for us, dialogic 2.
This gives us a number of benefits going forward.
Godot 4.3
There has been an extension for proper video format support. Meaning less datasize and better image quality for animations,
Better Editor, this might be mostly for our coders to work in comfort.
Improved Multi Threading support.
Improved performance.
Dialogic 2 (You need Godot 4 for this)
Our Tutorial is now possible the way we planned it.
Scroll Back is on their task list (More enhanced than what we were offering)
Different Languages as far easier to support.
Writing to Godot has been simplified (Can copy paste).
And a lot more.
I wanted to make sure that we don't start a big port after we finally hit stable with 0.2.0.
So the big port has to be stable 0.2.0.
3dArt
As mentioned, they were working on Karma. We will continue working on it in the coming week.

General
I haven't given you an update date yet and that won't change. Both Karma and the stable update for Winter Warmth are very important for us.
Karma was planned for an Early Release on Steam in June (At least 3 playthroughs). But end of day, it needs to be what it can be for us to release it.
Winter Warmth has a huge port (almost) behind itself.
However there are a lot of adjustments and features that still need to be implemented and then tested out.
That takes time.

What we will give you to play certainly is when the first playthrough of Karma is ready in our eyes - I assume that will be in May. You can give us feedback then and let us know who you hate, love & what you would change.
As for the Platinum Tier, we apologize that we don't have weekly builds at this point. I'll try to make up for it somehow.

Kind regards
Eon

Simpleton173

Dec 26, 2018
View attachment 3590956 View attachment 3590958
View attachment 3590980 View attachment 3590982

3 days ago
Hello everyone!

Coding
The game is ready for renders and Animations to be implemented. Additionally we will add a gallery this time around and some smaller functions like "notification" are missing.
3dArt
Despite extensive time spent on characters, they aren't as good as they should be and we still need to put time in there.
We should be able to finish the first playthrough in the next few days. Then we will check what characters are acceptable the way there and what other changes need to be done to make sure the game is as good as it can be.
After that I really hope we pick up speed on this. But I realize that the time we had allocated for this, is already up. So we will work on Winter Warmth on the same time as on Karma.
Winter Warmth needed time to reflect on the changes needed to improve it. That has been done to a large degree. It now can use new renders, which we will start doing from the coming week onward.

Winter Warmth
Writing
We have looked at the complete story so far and how/if it fits with the complete narrative we have. There are several changes and improvements coming.
The prologue gets a complete overhaul. We will start testing and adjusting that in the coming weeks. In short you won't have as long to experience the sandbox. Nor will the office be as much of a side thing. You now get more time with Mina to spend at your work.
Code
As you know we have been using Godot 3.5. I have made a post previously that eventually we'll have to upgrade to get some features.
Much of that upgrade has been done and the game can be started again and some parts played. I expect the game to be fully ported in the following week or two.
This includes gdscript 2, Godot 4.3 (dev) and most importantly for us, dialogic 2.
Godot 4.3
There has been an extension for proper video format support. Meaning less datasize and better image quality for animations,
Improved performance.
And a lot more.
I wanted to make sure that we don't start a big port after we finally hit stable with 0.2.0.
3dArt
As mentioned, they were working on Karma. We will continue working on it in the coming week.

General
I haven't given you an update date yet and that won't change. Both Karma and the stable update for Winter Warmth are very important for us.
Karma was planned for an Early Release on Steam in June (At least 3 playthroughs). But end of day, it needs to be what it can be for us to release it.
However there are a lot of adjustments and features that still need to be implemented and then tested out.
That takes time.

What we will give you to play certainly is when the first playthrough of Karma is ready in our eyes - I assume that will be in May. You can give us feedback then and let us know who you hate, love & what you would change.
As for the Platinum Tier, we apologize that we don't have weekly builds at this point. I'll try to make up for it somehow.

Kind regards
Eon
How to say a lot of shit without saying anything.

Oct 9, 2022

3 days ago
Hello everyone!

Coding
3dArt

Winter Warmth
Writing
Code
Godot 4.3
Improved performance.
And a lot more.
3dArt

General
That takes time.

Kind regards
Eon
Translation > instead of progressing with our game we're fucking around with the prologue again and remaking an old game. See you in 6 months for a decent update.

Nikki1334

Nov 9, 2022

3 days ago
Hello everyone!

Coding
3dArt

Winter Warmth
Writing
Code
Godot 4.3
Improved performance.
And a lot more.
3dArt

General
That takes time.

Kind regards
Eon
Briefly about this post: "Guys, we have a stable and improved version of Winter Warmth, but we will give you Karma, because you wanted it so much"

Jan 10, 2020
Winter Warmth [v0.1.9.8] [PowerPlower] - Compressed

Use at your own risk.

Win [721 MB]
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN

Mac [737 MB] - Untested and Unsure if it will work.
- MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
tried mega link for windows, game won't load on pc; get the "wait for program to respond/close program" popup box, or it automatically closes itself...so is compressed version unplayable, n we're forced to download the 2.66G version? please help, thanks

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
tried mega link for windows, game won't load on pc; get the "wait for program to respond/close program" popup box, or it automatically closes itself...so is compressed version unplayable, n we're forced to download the 2.66G version? please help, thanks
Yeah. I tested it and it worked for me. So must be on your end. Can't guarantee that the uncompressed version works.

Jan 10, 2020
Yeah. I tested it and it worked for me. So must be on your end. Can't guarantee that the uncompressed version works.
...?? okay, just tried downloading the normal, non-compressed version, n that won't even try to open. pc gives me an alert saying an unauthorized application is trying to start, which windows prevents.

so WTF is with this game??!! I've literally downloaded n played over 500 VNs from this site, n others like it, n NEVER had this kinda problem before...n all either version gives me is some ".exe" file, n the application file, but none of the other usual files associated with/included in any other VN I've played...PLEASE HELP!! thx again

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
...?? okay, just tried downloading the normal, non-compressed version, n that won't even try to open. pc gives me an alert saying an unauthorized application is trying to start, which windows prevents.

so WTF is with this game??!! I've literally downloaded n played over 500 VNs from this site, n others like it, n NEVER had this kinda problem before...n all either version gives me is some ".exe" file, n the application file, but none of the other usual files associated with/included in any other VN I've played...PLEASE HELP!! thx again
No clue but you can tell windows to fuck off. The game is fine.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
so is it just those 2 files i mentioned, or are there other files that are supposed 2 come w/them, from the d/l link?
Godot usually comes as exe + pck file (Like my compression). Or only as exe like the official Win version.

ART2024

Apr 3, 2024

Dont worry... I dont use no antivirus since like 20 years back and tell windows defender to fuck off (mine is shut off).... The only thing i use is antispyware....
When a friend leaked an update to me, he just send me the Exe file without anything else.
I know, most of the time you have to unpack shit, but not here.
game is fine and its great...
Enjoy...

Reactions: extreme_sadist

ART2024

Apr 3, 2024
Yeah, there is a game where MC i fucking Mommy, two sisters and girls and teacher at school repeting the same day....
4 seasons, grew tired after the first season lol :D
Is Karma any good? I couldnt find it...
Found it.... Played it... Dont remember it at all :D
Couse WW id great, im gonna check it out again then :p

zandalari

May 4, 2019
Sometimes I'd like to know what the devs are thinking and why they make the choices they do.

We get a devlog saying things are happening. Move to another version of Godot that will finally give them proper video support, enable rollback and you can copy paste to it. All the things that another engine already had that they moved away from. Must be some personal preference that keeps them tied to this thing. Sure, why not.

Then news on Karma which I don't get. There's 3 times as many posts on WW than Karma and just eyeballing it seems that people are way more excited for WW than they ever were for Karma. So naturally we're getting the game no one really asked for. I played it, it was fine. Basically one route unless you really want to braindead antagonist to win. They're adding another one with no hints what it is. Do I want to replay it just to see the new stuff? Ehh. I'd rather get more WW but that's just me. If a lot of players share this sentiment, it might not even be a big injection of funds. They have their side project and main project mixed up.

Guess we'll see where it goes. Good luck regardless.

arone tajhiri

Feb 11, 2018

3 days ago
Hello everyone!

Coding
3dArt

Winter Warmth
Writing
Code
Godot 4.3
Improved performance.
And a lot more.
3dArt

General
That takes time.

Kind regards
Eon
so in short we are going to have to start a new game again
is anybody keeping count?

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 18 Votes