Sierra3

Dec 17, 2017
@ASLPro3D
I got through the update; it was informative and interesting.

Briefly, thoughts as to some character's names:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Couple of things in update coincided with some of my rantings/ideas/notes and provided new paths of inquiry.

Reactions: pavar and ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
@ASLPro3D
I got through the update; it was informative and interesting.

Briefly, thoughts as to some character's names:

Couple of things in update coincided with some of my rantings/ideas/notes and provided new paths of inquiry.
@Sierra3

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
As you all have probably guessed by now, my references can date pretty far back (like the Pseudomonarchia Daemonum from 1577AD)... and I am not above borrowing lore from other religions and nationalities from around the world for the story... after all, I want the story to be inclusive to other culture's and belief's as all religions have core structures in their beliefs and theology.

Strange, though, thinking about it and all of the research that I've done revolving around this "throw-away" story, you'd think I was writing a thesis and not a video game! x'D

PS: But imagine the level of work and detail that I will be putting into a game/story that I DON'T consider a "throw-away" one. heh!

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
@ALSPro3D I have no idea what you were thinking when you decided to put a rape scene in there with Billie and Claire, but, that really turned a lot of people off, including me, you probably don't care, but it was really disgraceful. :(

Reactions: ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
@ALSPro3D I have no idea what you were thinking when you decided to put a rape scene in there with Billie and Claire, but, that really turned a lot of people off, including me, you probably don't care, but it was really disgraceful. :(
If you go through the forum here, you would see that it was meant to "turn people off", not "turn them on".... and rape SHOULD BE DISGRACEFUL!

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Mega finally let me download the full version, so here's a torrent link if anyone would prefer that.

This is the full, uncompressed version of 0.4.4.1, so there's no need to apply the patch if you use the torrent.
Posted to the OP, thanks for the help!! :)

Reactions: DA22
Apr 7, 2018
'it was disgraceful' Yeah, I'm sure when you sit down and watch a movie you think that it's disgraceful that they included a rape scene. It's for the sake of telling the plot dude.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
'it was disgraceful' Yeah, I'm sure when you sit down and watch a movie you think that it's disgraceful that they included a rape scene. It's for the sake of telling the plot dude.
Exactly, nail on the head!!

Let's see... Death Wish, Death Wish 2, Sudden Impact, Halloween, Showgirls, Baise Moi, Evil Dead, The Watchmen, The Accused, The Entity, Irreversible... so many HOLLLYWOOD movies use RAPE to move a plot and for audiences to seek revenge... this game is no different.

Nov 24, 2017
Exactly, nail on the head!!

Let's see... Death Wish, Death Wish 2, Sudden Impact, Halloween, Showgirls, Baise Moi, Evil Dead, The Watchmen, The Accused, The Entity, Irreversible... so many HOLLLYWOOD movies use RAPE to move a plot and for audiences to seek revenge... this game is no different.
However, just like the movies, people can and will find it arousing and erotic. While many will likely it find it disturbing and unsettling.

What is interesting is that more women than men generally find rape in media to be arousing or erotic. Before people get carried away, women and men that find it arousing are not hoping to either be raped in the case of women, or to rape a woman in the case of a man. Fantasy doesn't not equal reality.

When used correctly (such as this game) it's generally a win/win situation to include rape. For the intended effect it can generate significant feelings of unease, rage, disgust or aversion. For others, it's an arousing inclusion, but one where they understand the context in which it should be taken.

It's only when rape is used for the sole purpose of arousal that a film (or in this case a game) will lose a significant portion of the audience. Of course, on the flip side they'll gain a very ardent and loyal following.

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes