Forix

Apr 21, 2017
AoaCB's prologue will remain in Ren'Py as it is quicker to script and program for @Palanto, while he is shifting over to his new "REAL LIFE" job and getting adjusted there and once he's acclimated to the change in job and hours, he will return to working on the MANY maps and locations for the RPG Maker MV main game.

Because of his job change and the amount of work that he will have to do in RPG Maker MV, the AoaCB Prologue has been "broken down" to be somewhere between 5-6 Chapters (about the size of "Chapter One")... this will help to also help fully integrate the MANY new characters (many of whom were inspired by and created from our $50 Patrons) who are...

Namiko Mochizuki (@c3p0 inspired)
Larsen (@Sierra3 inspired)
Iris Marino (Darth Revan inspired)
Océane Camille Fontaine (Cùran inspired)
Fabienne Maarit Fontaine (Cùran inspired)
Mistress Ellena (@GhostPhil inspired)

It will also give the players a good chance to familiarize themselves with the major criminal element and storyline that will be uncovered and players are going to find William/Billie and Claire thrown into... that, if left unchecked, CAN and WILL affect the Antichrist in "Wicked Choices: Book Two", along with the entire Crawford Family Fortune!!!

So, if players thought that "Adventures of a Changed Boy" was just going to be a "William Punishment" game... they don't know us so well. ;) They will find out that the Demonothans and Angelions aren't the only ones that have plans and goals for the Antichrist... and when they learn of his presence, the humans do as well!!!

...and, the best way in which to maybe get to him and control him might be through William/Billie or Claire!!!

SOOOOOOooooo... even though this may be a side-arc game, MAKE NO MISTAKE, this certainly continues the storyline of "Wicked Choices" and will help you (when you go back to playing as the Antichrist) decide which faction that you want to work with and/or save... will it be the Demonothans, the Angelions or the Humans... and, which of them will best serve you (as the Antichrist) and your family!!!

And, yes, the main game for AoaCB will be done as an RPG Maker MV game... it benefits us in SEVERAL ways...

Allows us to CREATE a large world that can be populated with NPC's and Hidden Events (using some of our patrons as those characters to help with those things and game hints).

It ALSO gives us the ability to switch seamlessly from "Adventures of a Changed Boy" back to "Wicked Choices: Book Two" without downtime!!! Because the world and all of the major locations will already have been built (and tested) for the game and just need story and images injected into it... and the PLAYERS will already know the maps, locations and everything after having played "Adventures of a Changed Boy".

This means we can finish "Wicked Choices: Book Two" and "Wicked Choices: Book Three" with NO DOWNTIME, unless we decided to take a couple of weeks off for vacation... and also REDUCES workload on @Palanto and myself!

And... doing it this way, enables us to also do something that NO OTHER GAME HAS EVER DONE!! But, I won't get into that right now, you'll just have to wait and see... but it is clever and going to be interesting and AWESOME!!! :D
Wtf. Like. Seriously Jack. Could you stop this none sense? I mean wow, that's really what you want to do?

WHEN CAN I START PLAYING THE GAME! Stop being a Syrina and being a tease ;)

Your energy and enthousiam for the game is commendable, and that alone is something that is rarely seen. You seem to have a solid plan! The reason why I was asking about the engine is to try to get my experience going with that engine during some free time.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
You taking vacation? now Palanto I can see. Hope his new job will be fun as well as profitable and bring his work/life balance to a better place. Your teases sound good Jack:)

Even if will be still a ways off, it will be interesting what you can do with RPGM and not run into its limitations. Still I hope that with ACAOB your support will rise such that you will have to take some downtime after it so you can do wicked choiced book 2 in an engine you would love to work in. :p For now though first looking forward to the coming game and all the surprises and disclosures you have in store for us.:D
Honestly, I really don't know what a vacation is... I haven't had one since I was 15 or 16 years old with the family (some 35+ years now)... for me, a vacation is a period in which I need to rest and heal my body after neck or back surgeries (have had 5 so far)... other than that, can't get my brain to turn off long enough to "relax", so just work.

But, it sounded good.

I, too am hoping that support will be good, if only to grow and expand the things we want to do for everyone and bring more help onboard with us. I still have a sequel novel to "Ebon Knights: Knights Fall" to finish writing, so freeing up a little time to also work on that while working on the game would be nice. :)

not played this since v0.4.4.0
I think I stopped because the sex had no animations? or did they? if not do they now?
They will in the new side
There will be animations in the new side game that will start soon.
No animations were added to "Wicked Choices: Book One", but as @DA22 said, there will be in our next game which will be released soon.

For me animation is actually overrated. I prefer stils. Better get some more stils with some cretive views and stuff before creating some animation. Stils can always look good, but animtion mostly look good in high quality with fluent animation and only with real movement. So I personaly prefer without animation ;)
I have to agree with this... for me, a game doesn't have to have animation in it for me enjoy it and sometimes (having seen some animation in some of the games out there) they would be better off without it in them.

Animation takes a crapload of time to do RIGHT... I think I did OK with the animation in our new game, but will wait to hear what others think... but, yeah, I wanted to do things a little more "cinematic" with the camera shots and stuff in our animation...

We'll see what people have to say after seeing it... if they think it is crap, well, I will GLADLY skip that part of the job and stop doing it once the "Adventures of a Changed Boy" Prologue is complete.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Wtf. Like. Seriously Jack. Could you stop this none sense? I mean wow, that's really what you want to do?

WHEN CAN I START PLAYING THE GAME! Stop being a Syrina and being a tease ;)

Your energy and enthousiam for the game is commendable, and that alone is something that is rarely seen. You seem to have a solid plan! The reason why I was asking about the engine is to try to get my experience going with that engine during some free time.
Soon, you'll be able to play, soon... :D

But yeah, got a firm grasp on the workflow, workload and planned out the business side of production and will certainly adjust that plan more if and when more support comes our way.

So you better brush up and get a handle on RPG Maker's engine... because we are likely going to tap you in to help us out as things move forward, to give @Palanto a little breathing room and family time. ;)

Forix

Apr 21, 2017
Soon, you'll be able to play, soon... :D

But yeah, got a firm grasp on the workflow, workload and planned out the business side of production and will certainly adjust that plan more if and when more support comes our way.

So you better brush up and get a handle on RPG Maker's engine... because we are likely going to tap you in to help us out as things move forward, to give @Palanto a little breathing room and family time. ;)
I'll be patient... I just like to poke fun at how much you are making me excited.

I'll get in touch with you in the next few weeks about RPG Maker. Used to many different engine ;) All of them are shitty, by work experience haha.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Oh and THANK YOU @Avaron1974 for the AWESOME review of our first game!! I know you can't wait to see Lynara and Carina in action together again... but, I think you'll also like Namiko in our next game!! ;)
You are very welcome.

I think it's more the possibilities that i'm looking forward to. Granted there are a couple of budding relationships I would like to see bloom BUT i'm also interested to see how far things go when things get heavy. Is it just side characters that can die or is it full on GoT'esque and nobody is safe.

One things that always gets me about games/shows/movies/books like this is finding out who's going to make it out at the other side.

There are a lot of works where you know full well who isn't going to die and then there are those that have no problems killing off main characters.

I'm also interested in how it will end for most of the characters introduced in the first part. I guess the first 2 characters we'll have big decisions for will probably be William and Claire.

Remembering that tease of you a few days ago and her original screensavers you put out, I suspect she might like her yes. Though giving Namiko a big gun as well might help. :p
I am so easily pleased.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I'll be patient... I just like to poke fun at how much you are making me excited.

I'll get in touch with you in the next few weeks about RPG Maker. Used to many different engine ;) All of them are shitty, by work experience haha.
It's all good! :)

And, yeah, none of these are on par with like UE4 or Havok... and can be rather... erm... clunky, and RPG Maker MV is no where close to being Luminous or Cystal Tools, but it'll have to do for now till we can (someday) get to that level of production.

Personally, while I would love to do a Triple-A game title on high end software, I don't have that much of a problem doing it 'old school' as the way that we've been doing it up to now... I mean, it could be much worse, we could still be using BASIC and producing a game along the lines of Zork (which still strikes a reminiscent cord in me)...

Honestly, I just want to keep world building and storytelling... don't matter much what software it is done in, as long as it reaches people, interests them and keeps growing. ;)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
You are very welcome.

I think it's more the possibilities that i'm looking forward to. Granted there are a couple of budding relationships I would like to see bloom BUT i'm also interested to see how far things go when things get heavy. Is it just side characters that can die or is it full on GoT'esque and nobody is safe.

One things that always gets me about games/shows/movies/books like this is finding out who's going to make it out at the other side.

There are a lot of works where you know full well who isn't going to die and then there are those that have no problems killing off main characters.

I'm also interested in how it will end for most of the characters introduced in the first part. I guess the first 2 characters we'll have big decisions for will probably be William and Claire.
I got to be honest, @Avaron1974, I only watched like... maybe... one or two episodes of the first season of Game of Thrones... and those were somewhere in the middle of the first season, so I had no clue what the hell was going on, who was who and why the heck they were fighting each other... so I grew bored quickly, tuned it out and never revisited the series.

That, being said, I can tell you that no one is safe or free of death in the worlds I create... death reaches everyone at some point and being that this story is being done in a game of choices (with repercussions), and depending on player choices, NO ONE is safe and anyone can die... Syrina, Lynara, William, Claire... the MC... any and all can suffer "permadeath" if certain choices and story branches are taken.

And... heh... not all or a lot of the "permadeaths" are immediate, already the fate of one or two of the main characters has already been decided by everyone who's played "Wicked Choices: Book One". ;)

Things are quickly going to snowball and the hit counts can seriously go up, depending on the choices that players make in the next two games ("Wicked Choices: Adventures of a Changed Boy" and "Wicked Choices: Book Two") and the Three Fates have their scissors at ready to begin cutting the threads on the "Tapestry of Life"... who gets snipped is up to the players and their decision making.

Heh... I still get letters and messages of shock from those who read the end of my first novel "Ebon Knights: Knight's Fall"... I guess people didn't see the ending of that novel coming the way it did. *shrugs* And to all of them, I tell them the same thing:

"Life isn't pretty... sometimes it requires us to move on from it, to really appreciate it."

So, in answer to the sort of person that I am... I am a realist and NO ONE gets out of Life alive. ;)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Sounds like we really really will need that final walkthrough at the end of the final game, just to make it out alive. Let alone get something close to resembling a harem ending. Might need me a copy of Stella to feel a bit safer. :p

True though, nobody gets out of life alive and for some it might be a blessing, I could see William for example being quite happy to be able to escape depending on what you will do to him and Claire as well if you go a bad route on her considering her background.

Reactions: c3p0 and ASLPro3D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Sounds like we really really will need that final walkthrough at the end of the final game, just to make it out alive. Let alone get something close to resembling a harem ending. Might need me a copy of Stella to feel a bit safer. :p

True though, nobody gets out of life alive and for some it might be a blessing, I could see William for example being quite happy to be able to escape depending on what you will do to him and Claire as well if you go a bad route on her considering her background.
As an individual who spends a good chunk of his day/life in a level of pain that is supposed to be reduced with opioids, but too stubborn to do so most times or 'give up', I can attest to how the appeal of Death could seem like a blessed release from a life of endless pitfalls, pain and misery.

Probably also why I look at it as a natural process that's place is important in any work that I write or the worlds that I build... it is a motivator, a detractor, a useful tool in which to measure the distance in one's journey and a solution to the idiocy of individuals who've somehow managed to escape Natural Selection. :D

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
For those who are interested, I did a small animated banner for "Adventures of a Changed Boy" for people to use as signatures.

I figure once I start the new thread for the game and have released it here for everyone, I will render up some transparent character images and ask if @Krull would be kind enough to do signatures for the new game if he has the time (love his stuff).

But this mini banner should work for those who want to have something now.

AoaCBMinibanner.gif

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
For those who are interested, I did a small animated banner for "Adventures of a Changed Boy" for people to use as signatures.

I figure once I start the new thread for the game and have released it here for everyone, I will render up some transparent character images and ask if @Krull would be kind enough to do signatures for the new game if he has the time (love his stuff).

But this mini banner should work for those who want to have something now.

View attachment 249358
Done and done.:p

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Should have another one that will match the same size as the old "Wicked Choices" and your "Depraved Awakening" ones... still rendering it! ;)
Awsome! I mean I still failed to make my own ones for my favourite games. I mean one was with the Elena pic, that I have a a Cover image on my profile

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
I am no where in the realm of being as good as @Krull, but I am rendering the most difficult one of the bunch right now, will post it here when it is done for everyone.
Well when you can render the image yourself, it is actually a good thing ;) That way you can have transparent background ;)

Reactions: Krull and DA22

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Well when you can render the image yourself, it is actually a good thing ;) That way you can have transparent background ;)
Yes, it does come in handy! :LOL:

Okay, took me a little bit longer than I anticipated... but here is the First Mini Banner... will work on others throughout the week, but time for me to get some work in on the game! :p

aoacb_miniban1.gif

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes