ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Right there with ya, on the 2400 baud modem, hacking away on bbs chat and some bordello game(I dismember the name) until someone forgets the '/'tell and everybody know exactly was said to whom. Awww, nostalgia, it ain't what it used to be.
OMG!! I remember that game!! Also LORD and BlackNova... geeze, I hadn't thought of them in YEARS!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Good memories!! :cool:

Reactions: DA22 and Wyrme

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Brief Changes to Our Patreon Page – January 31, 2019
(as posted on our Patreon Page)
The only reason for this post is either that Patreon has readjusted their TOS for their own (or not) preference or Jack has misread them.
I do not believe the second one, so the only reason this post exist is because they have change their TOS.

But the Patreon yes/no/fuck discussion is around a year old and nothing has change since then. It wouldn't surprise me, if they would change the TOS again (most likely not to our whishes). Also no better alternative has arrived yet and I also don't think it will, because they would have the same obligation to the others (e.g. the credit card companys) as Patreon.

But what most impress me, a new post on Patreon and I didn't see Namiko possing for me:cry:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
The only reason for this post is either that Patreon has readjusted their TOS for their own (or not) preference or Jack has misread them.
I do not believe the second one, so the only reason this post exist is because they have change their TOS.

But the Patreon yes/no/fuck discussion is around a year old and nothing has change since then. It wouldn't surprise me, if they would change the TOS again (most likely not to our whishes). Also no better alternative has arrived yet and I also don't think it will, because they would have the same obligation to the others (e.g. the credit card companys) as Patreon.

But what most impress me, a new Post on Patreon and I didn't see Namiko possing for me:cry:

Yeah, I was contacted by Patreon Trust and Safety department and have talked with them the past two days and was notified that I would need to make some changes to my page because they seemed to have made some changes that no longer allow anything that may be considered as "Implied Nudity", this means no CENSOR BARS to block nudity, you actually have to have the characters fully dressed... no skimpy outfits, no pasties... got to be fully clothed.

As for alternatives, there haven't been presently... but hoping that someday there will be one that has a large clientele base established and no long ques in getting your product approved.

Otherwise, I may need to rethink my whole strategy and delivery system, or just quit like some of the others.

It isn't to that point yet, but... a bit frustrating, but also understand that they (Patreon) are under a microscope just as we are.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Yeah, I was contacted by Patreon Trust and Safety department and have talked with them the past two days and was notified that I would need to make some changes to my page because they seemed to have made some changes that no longer allow anything that may be considered as "Implied Nudity", this means no CENSOR BARS to block nudity, you actually have to have the characters fully dressed... no skimpy outfits, no pasties... got to be fully clothed.

As for alternatives, there haven't been presently... but hoping that someday there will be one that has a large clientele base established and no long ques in getting your product approved.

Otherwise, I may need to rethink my whole strategy and delivery system, or just quit like some of the others.

It isn't to that point yet, but... a bit frustrating, but also understand that they (Patreon) are under a microscope just as we are.
What I my eyes is, what I don't like - beside the whole censor shit. Is we (Patreon) has change our rules now you have to change all things for to be compliant to it in the next time.
You are business partners. The earn their money because of you. The least they could do is set a reasonable deadline to be according to the new rules.

I know why they doing what they doing and this is the reason I understand the why, as I don't think they want to do what they do. But I don't understand their "how" they doing it.

Now cencor block would work? Not even this?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Namiko.png
Again and now to something completely different:
Do we have a dice game in AoaCB or Book 2?:LOL:

PS: Should I await a 3 inch thick contract from Patreon now regarding adult content? As if you sign this contract you cast all rights away to complain afterwards about adult content....

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
To quote a certain Roman general, 'iacta alea est' . Yet again, sigh. @c3p0 not only a 3" thick contract, but a retinal scan and body cavity search(sans lube). After which the 9 hour wait is a grey room to be informed they found inconclusive evidence and must wait for a superior to decide whether you should be released or detained( and he/she is on vacation). This is all (semi) tongue in cheek.

Forix

Apr 21, 2017
Well. We are mid-week and already can't wait for the update... Gosh.

Sad to hear about Patreon going super strict all over again, and I sincerely hope it will not derail you too much (or worse that the same shit as last year happens again).
I would have hoped for another platform to have pop by now for Adult content creators...

You have my full support man! And... as a Canadian, I laugh at this US "Polar Cold" friendzy. We have it since a month now. You will survive!

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
Just a heads-up... though it has been only -40 degrees out and parts of Michigan is without power (not me, thank god!!), I have been steadily working on the game!!

I am however working on a part right now where I can't get this Led Zeppelin song or this image out of my head while I have been working on it... I blame @Sierra3 for my problem!! :D

View attachment 235951

If you weren't there when it came out, you missed the Wild West of the Internet.
Ah-ah, ah!
Ah-ah, ah!
We come from the land of the ice and snow
From the midnight sun, where the hot springs flow
The hammer of the gods
W'ell drive our ships to new lands
To fight the horde, and sing and cry
Valhalla, I am coming!
On we sweep with threshing oar
Our only goal will be the western shore
Ah-ah, ah!
Ah-ah, ah!
We come from the land of the ice and snow
From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow
How soft your fields so green
Can whisper tales of gore
Of how we calmed the tides of war
We are your overlords
On we sweep with threshing oar
Our only goal will be the western shore
So now you'd better stop and rebuild all your ruins
For peace and trust can win the day despite of all your losing
Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh

We just had some snow here but it aint -40, more like just -4 and I am juts one mile from an old Pictish and then Viking stronghold

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
the-end-is-near.jpg

THE END IS NEAR!! Update on Prologue for “Adventures of a Changed Boy” – February 4, 2019
(as posted on our Patreon Page)

The end is near, thank God!!

After a very LONG week, spent rendering and dealing with some Patreon issues, I am pleased to report that I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel!

I still have 2 animations to finish rendering, then stuff it all into a folder and send it off to Palanto to begin doing his programing magic, while I finish rendering the character dialogue portraits and then I need to work on redoing the Patreon ‘Tier’ images to replace the ones that I was asked to take down.

All-in-all, despite some setbacks, last week was pretty productive… so I am pretty upbeat.

I can’t thank my employer enough for giving me last week off, well… for the most part, he did call a couple of times towards to end of the week to make sure I was coming back and not quitting on their projects… but, really grateful for the time to just focus on ONE task, rather than several at a time.

Here is a peek at the progress that was made...

update2_4.png

I am REALLY looking forward, however, to a time when my wife can return (hopefully in March), as I am finding the current workflow of me having to do the poses to be quite time consuming and labor intensive.

Prior to her job calling her away from this project (and me), the workflow went like this…
  • Jack creates areas, scenery and dresses the characters in that release…
  • Jack then does the story break downs…
  • Wife creates poses based on break downs, while Jack writes story script…
  • Jack loads characters into scene, applies poses and clicks renders…
  • While scene renders, Jack copies text out of MS Word, pastes it into Twine…
  • Jack makes edits to render, lists image number(s) used in that Twine page…
  • Wash, Rinse and Repeat till done…
  • Wife does quick edits to Jack’s writing…
  • Jack zips everything up and send to Palanto…
  • Palanto further does edits to Jack’s writing if need and imports everything in program framework…
  • Palanto tests, Jack tests… get thumbs up, uploads and is then released to all of you.
While it may seem, from that workflow that the wife doesn’t do much, I have learned (and think other 3D creators can attest) the most time-consuming part, besides waiting on the renders, is the posing of the characters, without breaks and making sure the expressions are nice…

I miss the wife’s work on the project because, to me, it feels like the workflow is broken… as I am now doing the character’s posing on the fly in the scene, so got to make sure that there’s no mesh breaks… that the poses look as natural as possible and the other problems that results from using a program that doesn’t really have collision detection.

Anyhow, just thought I would share the process with all of you and reiterate how much I miss having her take care of that one part, which… I think… is, perhaps, the most important piece to the process!

Well, best get back to the remaining two renders and get this to Palanto… got to get this into all of your hands and the Patreon Tier section to redo.

Talk soon!
~Jack

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hyped for the fact you are almost done and we can only hope the renders will still be any good withouth your wife's valuable input. :) You should be glad you are not doing any renders of Our Lady,that fiery redhead would take it kinda badly I suspect when she would be rendered badly. :p

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Hyped for the fact you are almost done and we can only hope the renders will still be any good withouth your wife's valuable input. :) You should be glad you are not doing any renders of Our Lady,that fiery redhead would take it kinda badly I suspect when she would be rendered badly. :p
Don't you know it!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Hopefully, everyone will be pleased with my efforts. :)

Wyrme

Nov 23, 2017
There would surely be an alert about hurricane Syrina tearing it way through the mid west, piling snow all over the poor buffalo to the west and probably those poor lil' Appalachians would fall under a drift of two. On the bright side, you wouldn't have to worry about the driveway for a bit.:p

Though, you know we appreciate your efforts anyway. Even(especially) when a thread(or a red tape) takes an expected turn. Do tell the Missus we miss her, too.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Hey @Death0rGl0ry thanks for taking the time to write a review and rate our game, I appreciate it!! Can't wait for you to see the next release which should be out this month, I think you'll like it!! Be sure to let people know, it helps make the blood, sweat and tears of our project worth it! :)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
There would surely be an alert about hurricane Syrina tearing it way through the mid west, piling snow all over the poor buffalo to the west and probably those poor lil' Appalachians would fall under a drift of two. On the bright side, you wouldn't have to worry about the driveway for a bit.:p

Though, you know we appreciate your efforts anyway. Even(especially) when a thread(or a red tape) takes an expected turn. Do tell the Missus we miss her, too.
Yeah about to have an ice storm move in tonight (after being nearly 55 degrees for the last 3 days)... this up and down is kill this poor body of mine, but onward I trudge... through snow and ice, through heat and rain, by night or day, I WILL get this damn thing done!! :ROFLMAO:

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes