Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
We plan to do that once we've become a little more solvent in support... as I don't like people working for free, but that most certainly is the goal. ;)
Hehe, well for what it's worth, I don't think you guys would need an artist, I really love the models and all you already have, you're certainly not lacking as far as I'm concerned :)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
For what I see on your patreon page, it would sadly take some time before you can afford it.:cry:
And if I would support you that much, I would need a supporter myself:p
But for what it counts, I find your artwork quite good and sure above the average of the game which I play from this website.(y)
And better not have a full fledge 3D model of Syrina and co, neither wood my PC like this nor could I sleep at night anymore...:whistle:
I seriously, wholeheartedly appreciate the support that you've shown us, @c3p0, as well as, many others from here like @Wyrme, @DA22, @El bacca Del Chew, @planetmorpheus and so, so many that have been with us for the past year! You all are the reason we keep doing this... and we'd never want any of you to put yourselves in ruin supporting us.

But, yeah, for now, people are just going to have to tolerate my art till we can get someone else. I'd like to think one day we can get the kind of support that other games out there are getting. ;)

Awww... but who wouldn't live a Virtual Reality "Syrina" to play with? :LOL:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Hehe, well for what it's worth, I don't think you guys would need an artist, I really love the models and all you already have, you're certainly not lacking as far as I'm concerned :)
Appreciate it!!

Yeah, I still use V4 for our games, simply because I don't like Daz Studio (though I helped them to create the damn program, go figure!) and because I am far better skilled in Poser which I have been using since the first day it came out... even before there was Posette and the Poser Dork... still, I'd like to eventually get an artist so that I can produce even more story and content for the games we make. :giggle:

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
If I had both Syrina and Belle from "Long Live the Princess" at my side, what more could I possibly need? With them two naughty, depraved and funny little minxes life would never be boring, they wouldn't leave me wanting either :p

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
True, true Jack though she would be even harder to resist than and clamour for even more attention :p. Well one of those newer games you might like to check out for Renders is Lexi, very well done. :)
One should all be able to TOUCH what you worship!! Or, if I had my way, we'd be able too!!:p
I will have to check that out too when I get the time... great, now I am going to have to listen to some Steve Miller Band, since time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping into the future... :LOL:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I seriously, wholeheartedly appreciate the support that you've shown us, @c3p0, as well as, many others from here like @Wyrme, @DA22, @El bacca Del Chew, @planetmorpheus and so, so many that have been with us for the past year! You all are the reason we keep doing this... and we'd never want any of you to put yourselves in ruin supporting us.

But, yeah, for now, people are just going to have to tolerate my art till we can get someone else. I'd like to think one day we can get the kind of support that other games out there are getting. ;)

If you ever would release a triple A type title and even perhaps with VR support, my first, solvable problem, would be that my PC is not ready for requirement.
The second question would be, would I? Perhaps with a non-VR game, because you see the end of the game and the beginning of the monitor.:LOL:
It also helps to ensure some high priority information, as daytime slips through the virtual-real-border and stimulate some thoughs like "oh, it is evening", "now it is night" and the most ominous "this must be morning". So, I quite happy that the game don't have VR support. It helps that little old me knows, when he should go to bed and can actually sleep through the night even with all this wicked choice that surely will happen.

And Jack, if you want a personal reference for this, do it has half good as Vampire Princess Miyu and you have the second place for sure.:)
Looking this anime was for me like walking in the tunnel on train tracks and already see the lights, only not know how long it takes unitl it will be there. At the end the train hit me even harder than I have anticipate.:oops:

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
If you ever would release a triple A type title and even perhaps with VR support, my first, solvable problem, would be that my PC is not ready for requirement.
The second question would be, would I? Perhaps with a non-VR game, because you see the end of the game and the beginning of the monitor.:LOL:
It also helps to ensure some high priority information, as daytime slips through the virtual-real-border and stimulate some thoughs like "oh, it is evening", "now it is night" and the most ominous "this must be morning". So, I quite happy that the game don't have VR support. It helps that little old me knows, when he should go to bed and can actually sleep through the night even with all this wicked choice that surely will happen.

And Jack, if you want a personal reference for this, do it has half good as Vampire Princess Miyu and you have the second place for sure.:)
Looking this anime was for me like walking in the tunnel on train tracks and already see the lights, only not know how long it takes unitl it will be there. At the end the train hit me even harder that I have anticipate.:oops:
larva.jpg

Loved Vampire Princess Miyu (as well as, Vampire Hunter D) when it came out in 1997!!

I can honestly say that a lot of my work, including "Wicked Choices" has been touched by all of the anime that I've watched since Kimba the White Lion (yes folks, I am that OLD!:eek:)... It was anime that taught me that I could do much more mature storylines in comic books (and now in my games) and not have to dumb everything down for people... I am excited that I will get to explore a bit of that anime side in the opening prologue of "Adventures of a Changed Boy" that will come out next month... so, I've been having a lot of fun with it!

As for the VR, while I have a system that can run it (thanks in part to the work that I do for oversea video game companies), I still don't own a VR unit and think we are still a ways away from the kind of experience that I am looking for when it comes to VR.

So, for now, @c3p0 you are safe and don't have to worry! ;)

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Loved Vampire Princess Miyu (as well as, Vampire Hunter D) when it came out in 1997!!

I can honestly say that a lot of my work, including "Wicked Choices" has been touched by all of the anime that I've watched since Kimba the White Lion (yes folks, I am that OLD!:eek:)... It was anime that taught me that I could do much more mature storylines in comic books (and now in my games) and not have to dumb everything down for people... I am excited that I will get to explore a bit of that anime side in the opening prologue of "Adventures of a Changed Boy" that will come out next month... so, I've been having a lot of fun with it!

As for the VR, while I have a system that can run it (thanks in part to the work that I do for oversea video game companies), I still don't own a VR unit and think we are still a ways away from the kind of experience that I am looking for when it comes to VR.

So, for now, @c3p0 you are safe and don't have to worry! ;)
I don't know. I didn't sound like the sugar coated promise other gives.:rolleyes:
And I truly believe that the story of a game/anime/.... make at least 50% of the value of the product. So even with some crappy art - crappy not creepy:p - with a good enough strory telling it would be enough. If the art/mood is overtop then it will keep you awake one evening. Is the storytelling/charachters overtop than it hinders you to sleep a lot more than this.
Because you know it is not real and even then your - or at least mine - brain are working on the story and character and are sad for them.

Ok, on the other hand I don't like films like Avatar (James Cameron). The cinmatic affects was as advertised but the story or what it count for was as booring as possible.

So hell yeah, give me the first, I don't need to sleep. In any case, it gives me more time for gaming, reading and watching.:sleep::ROFLMAO:

Mar 5, 2018
While it may be an exaggeration, there being 999 people, the annoyance of hearing freeloading, leachers pissing and moaning about a subject that has been repeatedly addressed and answered if people only took the time to SEARCH the forum threads or bothered to take five minutes to read the Q&A, is none-the-less the same as if there had been.

Is that directed enough?

Or how about this... I will find it in myself to give a shit what people complain about and take their concerns seriously when those people decide to take our work and effort seriously and support us. Till then... you get what I decide to give you in the format that I want to produce in.
Sure, I have overestimade the number a "little bit" or, to avoid other protest, quite some times. First times it has started and it cames up a few times. I don't have count it, but, in my humble impression, I've see to mush of the "Ren'Py over RPGM" theme in the last pages.
Also the dev has stated his point of view for this in the link Q/A post, which itself is can be reached from the 1st post in thread.

So I hope you can understand the wise ass comment a little bit better.;) And all together it was never my wish to have this appearance.:oops:
So there is some frustration over this, but don't take it out on me when the key point was clarification as to which platform was going to be used. Jeez guys I even added humor to my post and still got blasted. I did look, and didn't see all that history I apologize if I upset anyone. and BTW.. you make as much on your patreon page each month as my household. If I could afford.. I would.. might do a $1.. but almost seems like an insult. I only comment on pages for games and VNs that I really like. I know that I am not a patron, I wasn't making demands.. I love the game, the story, and the art. My sincere regrets, and apologies to anyone I pissed off.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
So there is some frustration over this, but don't take it out on me when the key point was clarification as to which platform was going to be used. Jeez guys I even added humor to my post and still got blasted. I did look, and didn't see all that history I apologize if I upset anyone. and BTW.. you make as much on your patreon page each month as my household. If I could afford.. I would.. might do a $1.. but almost seems like an insult. I only comment on pages for games and VNs that I really like. I know that I am not a patron, I wasn't making demands.. I love the game, the story, and the art. My sincere regrets, and apologies to anyone I pissed off.
You know how it is: We all punsh on the (same) new one:p.
And from the "wise ass side": It is linked on the first page as Q/A, for this reason altogether, so that we have less cannon fodder.:whistle:

We all have our on situation we live in. I don't know how I can compare yours and mine, but in my country the circa 1100$ would not cover much of your bills. Most likely you coud afford the mandatory health insurance and probably a cheap flat (1-1 and 1/2 room). Fortunately I earn more than that, but my monthly bills are also a lot higher and I would count myself to the middle class.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Sure, though that's not the reason we're looking for an artist :D As Jack already answered half-way, it's more or less to get more stuff done. As it stands now it's just him and his wife doing all the work on the game, though his wife doesn't have as much time anymore as she had before. (private reasons) So most of the work falls back on Jack... which is kind of hardcore since he's also doing 3 or 4 other jobs if you also count the Race Team.... I'd like an artist to reduce his workload by a big chunk... which would end up in more routes written and more time to concentrate on the continuity of things than spending most of the day on rendering all the images (posing and so on and so forth)....

So yes, it isn't because the art is "bad" or anything, I'd also go so far to say we wouldn't even want to change the style in the middle of it... meaning if people are waiting for more modern assets they'll probably have to wait until the Wicked Choices series is finished and for us to start a new story. Makes no sense to change it all now in the middle of it :)

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Sure, though that's not the reason we're looking for an artist :D As Jack already answered half-way, it's more or less to get more stuff done. As it stands now it's just him and his wife doing all the work on the game, though his wife doesn't have as much time anymore as she had before. (private reasons) So most of the work falls back on Jack... which is kind of hardcore since he's also doing 3 or 4 other jobs if you also count the Race Team.... I'd like an artist to reduce his workload by a big chunk... which would end up in more routes written and more time to concentrate on the continuity of things than spending most of the day on rendering all the images (posing and so on and so forth)....

So yes, it isn't because the art is "bad" or anything, I'd also go so far to say we wouldn't even want to change the style in the middle of it... meaning if people are waiting for more modern assets they'll probably have to wait until the Wicked Choices series is finished and for us to start a new story. Makes no sense to change it all now in the middle of it :)
Completely understandable, share the workload and get more done and accomplished in the same amount of time, if not in lesser amount time even, plus it reduces stress and everything :)

Wouldn't pry to know what the private reasons are, not my business, I just hope all is well :)

Maybe by hiring another artist Jack would find some off-time to finally play some games himself as he so wishes, hehe :)

Reactions: Palanto and DA22

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Yeah, there is some frustration over our decision to switch to RPGM software, @Fred Flintstone and I apologize that you had to bear such a heavy brunt of it.

In my defense, I have NO PROBLEM with sharing our game with people... we understand that there are many people who are out of work, disabled or just don't make enough money to pay their bills, feed their family and still afford to buy games, extras or can afford to take a chance on something without first trying it.

That's why, since day one, I've released my game here for those who couldn't afford it or who might want to try before they buy into our work (kind of like the old days of Shareware).

However, it also gets overly tiresome to have individuals who seem to think it is OK to DEMAND something more from us as creators, believing that in some way that downloading our game for free and playing it means that WE, @Palanto and myself, OWE them something and must LISTEN and ADHERE to their demands of us.

Since we made the announcement of the change to RPGM at the end of August and beginning of September, we've had people threaten us here on F95 to 'never play your game again' or weld a 'possible future patronage' as an attempt to get us to change our mind and direction... people who've had a year to be a patron of ours, but have no real interest in doing so, or even kind enough to take five minutes to post a REVIEW of our game in the review section for other players, but seem to think it is WE who owe them something.

Seemingly forgetting that us coming here and posting our game for free and interacting with everyone as much as we have is a CURTESY from us, not a REQUIREMENT and to get DEMANDS and THREATS from whiney, greedy, and entitled snowflakes sort of pisses me off... and makes me a little trigger happy.

I understand about not being able to afford things and being tight on money, trust me, if you seen all of my doctor bills for the last year, you'd know that I know exactly what it is like to watch money go out door as fast as it comes in. And while $1 may seem like an insult to you, to me, it is $1 more that gets me closer to paying off our debts here and shows us that you appreciate what we are doing.

And, like I said, if you can't afford that, it's OK... instead, just take a few minutes to write a review here ( ) so that we and others can see what you thought of the game and what we might be able to do to make it better.

I am sorry that I took a swing at you, but please understand, it has been a LONG and very frustrating subject for us for a couple of months now.

~Jack

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017

Completely understandable, share the workload and get more done and accomplished in the same amount of time, if not in lesser amount time even, plus it reduces stress and everything :)

Wouldn't pry to know what the private reasons are, not my business, I just hope all is well :)

Maybe by hiring another artist Jack would find some off-time to finally play some games himself as he so wishes, hehe :)
Yeah, if anything, the new artist would take a crapload of stress and burden off of me... though, I will be honest, if not for @Palanto coming onboard and doing the programming, I probably would've given up last year when I was beginning to be checked for kidney or prostate cancer... I never would've had the time or the ability to go through all of that, keep up with the artwork, posing and writing AND program as well...

...that, and I really suck as a programmer!! :D

The job where the wife works (as an account payable's clerk for the past 12 years), offered her a position as an accountant and assistant manager... it pays about 4k more a year and with the mounting medical bills for all of the tests, surgeries and procedures that I had last year, we needed the bump in household income... so, I had her take the job.

Regretfully, she is now working 6 days a week and sometimes almost 12 hours a day (except on Saturday, which is only a 6-7.5 hour shift) because of 'month-end' and 'year-end' accounting, as well as, the company is preparing to shift over to a new and more current accounting software package company wide...

Which means, all of the artwork, posing, character creation, location scene builds, outfit changes, renders and what animation that we want to have in the new game now all falls on ME, as well as, game story, storyline progress and outcomes... not to mention the REAL paying job that I work as a freelance motion-capture cleanup artist and mission builder for my actual job, as well as, the unpaying job as a partner with the NASCAR Gander Outdoor Truck Series race team, what little time I did have last year while doing the game, is now gone...

So, yeah, I am pretty covered up right now, between all of that and the game... so yeah, I am hoping that we do a little better next year in support, so that we can get a little help and keep producing for everyone.

Mar 5, 2018
Yeah, there is some frustration over our decision to switch to RPGM software, @Fred Flintstone and I apologize that you had to bear such a heavy brunt of it.

In my defense, I have NO PROBLEM with sharing our game with people... we understand that there are many people who are out of work, disabled or just don't make enough money to pay their bills, feed their family and still afford to buy games, extras or can afford to take a chance on something without first trying it.

That's why, since day one, I've released my game here for those who couldn't afford it or who might want to try before they buy into our work (kind of like the old days of Shareware).

However, it also gets overly tiresome to have individuals who seem to think it is OK to DEMAND something more from us as creators, believing that in some way that downloading our game for free and playing it means that WE, @Palanto and myself, OWE them something and must LISTEN and ADHERE to their demands of us.

Since we made the announcement of the change to RPGM at the end of August and beginning of September, we've had people threaten us here on F95 to 'never play your game again' or weld a 'possible future patronage' as an attempt to get us to change our mind and direction... people who've had a year to be a patron of ours, but have no real interest in doing so, or even kind enough to take five minutes to post a REVIEW of our game in the review section for other players, but seem to think it is WE who owe them something.

Seemingly forgetting that us coming here and posting our game for free and interacting with everyone as much as we have is a CURTESY from us, not a REQUIREMENT and to get DEMANDS and THREATS from whiney, greedy, and entitled snowflakes sort of pisses me off... and makes me a little trigger happy.

I understand about not being able to afford things and being tight on money, trust me, if you seen all of my doctor bills for the last year, you'd know that I know exactly what it is like to watch money go out door as fast as it comes in. And while $1 may seem like an insult to you, to me, it is $1 more that gets me closer to paying off our debts here and shows us that you appreciate what we are doing.

And, like I said, if you can't afford that, it's OK... instead, just take a few minutes to write a review here ( ) so that we and others can see what you thought of the game and what we might be able to do to make it better.

I am sorry that I took a swing at you, but please understand, it has been a LONG and very frustrating subject for us for a couple of months now.

~Jack
If you look back at my original post.. there was no demand.. I asked a question, and added a bit of a quote from "The Eraser". I am sorry that it was seen as a demand. I am not a fan of the RPGM platform, but have tried games there that I thought might be worth the effort. Yours will certainly be one of them. I will certainly take the time to write a review of Wicked Choices. I appreciate your understanding of the inability of some to support you on patreon. I am a bit new to the intricacies of the review and discussion threads used here. I appreciate the information, as I said, I only comment on games that I care about. I appreciate your apology, and I am sorry that I added to your frustration. Keep chugging along there.. you guys are doing great work.

Mar 5, 2018
If you look back at my original post.. there was no demand.. I asked a question, and added a bit of a quote from "The Eraser". I am sorry that it was seen as a demand. I am not a fan of the RPGM platform, but have tried games there that I thought might be worth the effort. Yours will certainly be one of them. I will certainly take the time to write a review of Wicked Choices. I appreciate your understanding of the inability of some to support you on patreon. I am a bit new to the intricacies of the review and discussion threads used here. I appreciate the information, as I said, I only comment on games that I care about. I appreciate your apology, and I am sorry that I added to your frustration. Keep chugging along there.. you guys are doing great work.
Went to the review link posted, can't figure out how to write a review. It lets me read and like.. but no place to write my own.

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
To leave a review, you need to scroll up to the top of the page and click on the stars at the top of the page, it will then allow you to add your own amount of stars that you believe is deserving of the game/title and leave a comment, that comment is your review. :)

Hope that helps and thank you for your understanding and support, @Fred Flintstone! :)

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Yeah, if anything, the new artist would take a crapload of stress and burden off of me... though, I will be honest, if not for @Palanto coming onboard and doing the programming, I probably would've given up last year when I was beginning to be checked for kidney or prostate cancer... I never would've had the time or the ability to go through all of that, keep up with the artwork, posing and writing AND program as well...

...that, and I really suck as a programmer!! :D

The job where the wife works (as an account payable's clerk for the past 12 years), offered her a position as an accountant and assistant manager... it pays about 4k more a year and with the mounting medical bills for all of the tests, surgeries and procedures that I had last year, we needed the bump in household income... so, I had her take the job.

Regretfully, she is now working 6 days a week and sometimes almost 12 hours a day (except on Saturday, which is only a 6-7.5 hour shift) because of 'month-end' and 'year-end' accounting, as well as, the company is preparing to shift over to a new and more current accounting software package company wide...

Which means, all of the artwork, posing, character creation, location scene builds, outfit changes, renders and what animation that we want to have in the new game now all falls on ME, as well as, game story, storyline progress and outcomes... not to mention the REAL paying job that I work as a freelance motion-capture cleanup artist and mission builder for my actual job, as well as, the unpaying job as a partner with the NASCAR Gander Outdoor Truck Series race team, what little time I did have last year while doing the game, is now gone...

So, yeah, I am pretty covered up right now, between all of that and the game... so yeah, I am hoping that we do a little better next year in support, so that we can get a little help and keep producing for everyone.
Sounds like LOTS and LOTS of sacrifices made, all of which I respect highly, hehe yeah, you and your wife really are like a power couple :) I certainly hope there'll be easier times ahead for y'all that allows you to take some time off, just kick back and relax, play games you've postponed for so long or do other activities you might enjoy doing, y'all certainly deserve it and I hope that you'll get it too :)

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes