tweettweet123

Aug 19, 2018
I'm so lost...which one are you supposed to download lol? New to this thing but i dont get the compressed uncompressed thing. Can anyone help?
compressed just means someone took the time to make the size of the game smaller, usually by reducing image/sound quality. its for people that dont want to or cant download large files. Besides that just download the latest version of which ever.

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018

Health and Doctor's Visit Update (July 19, 2018)
(as posted on my Patreon page)

I went and saw the doctor on Tuesday and he went over with me the steps we are going to take in regard to some of the issues discovered in the CT scan that I had done.

He said that my prostate has definitely increased in size and is the likely cause of the bleeding that I am having when urinating (sometimes so bad it looks like fruit punch), this might be alleviated by having surgery to sort of “apple-core” the prostate… going in with a laser and removing part of the prostate that is putting pressure on the bladder and causing the bladder to bleed.

The one thing that is of real concern to him is the thickening of my left bladder wall… when it appeared originally, he had thought (and hoped) that it was a result of the kidney surgery that I had at the end of November last year, however, that was 8 months ago and rather than reducing in thickness, it has thickened more.

Because of this, he is going to physically go in there with a scope through the, you guessed it, penis to do a visual inspection of the bladder wall on August 13 @3pm Eastern Time.

Once that has been done and we can (or can’t) rule out that the bladder wall thickening is possibly cancer, we will begin to discuss the “Apple-Coring” of the prostate and also “Shocking” the 5mm stone that is still in my kidney (using soundwaves to break up the stone so it is easier to pass, apparently).

Aside from the traces of blood, the urine looks good and the blood panels really isn’t showing that I have cancer, but we will be able to rule it out completely (hopefully) once the visual exam takes place in August.

Anyhow, told all of you that I would keep you updated, so I have and, again, thank you for all of your support, concern, prayers and love that you’ve shown me and my wife in this!!!

Now, forgive me, I have some work left to do here and then I need to head out to a funeral for the uncle who helped to watch, babysat and raise me when I was a kid while my mom and dad juggled trying to take care of my baby brothers who are twins.

I will reach out to all of you soon with an update on the v0.5.2.0 release of the game.

Oh, one last thing… if some of you members here are trying to “Friend Request” me on Facebook, please let me know here that you are… so I can add you… if you don’t let me know, I probably won’t, because I hate Facebook spammers and usually only add those that I know… so if you are trying to add me, let me know… and PLEASE, don’t talk about the game on Facebook, some in my family are Conservative Christians who I don’t want them to know what me and my wife are doing.

Thanks!
~Jack
Holy Crap, I had no idea about any of this (guess I should visit the Patreon (*boo* *hiss*) page once in a while... :)
I'm glad that everything is okay with you though- I can't even imagine the pain, worry, and sleepless nights that must have accompanied this whole ordeal. (Maybe you're getting a little too close to the "truth" and "someone" is trying to keep you from letting the rest of the world in on His secret.) Lol

My "prayers" are with you though (y'know what I mean and how we feel about such.) Also take a little bit of the Force as well, Lord Vader. :)

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
Hi @Zontany, sorry it took so long to reply... the wife let me out of the house to go and play and wasn't able to get back here till now.

You are getting the errors that you are getting, because you don't have the base game installed... only 0.5.2.0 and the correction patch of 0.5.2.1... think of each update (with the exception of the patch released yesterday) as a chapter of a novel with all of the content contained for that chapter within the update... so, for the game to work completely as it needs to, you need to download the base game 0.4.4.1 through 0.5.2.1 and combine the packages together.

Honestly, to make it absolutely easiest on you, I'd suggest just downloading this: Official, compressed, pre-patched version 0.5.2.0: and then downloading Patch v0.5.2.0 to v0.5.2.1 and extract and overwrite the files inside of the 0.5.2.0 folder and you are good to go!
No problem about replying late, I had school all day (9am - 7pm) today, sadly. Thank you for answering my question. I never had this happen to me before.

D

Deleted member 59977

@ASLPro3D Thanks for answering my questions. I have no problems with your decision as my favorite game on this website uses RPGMaker (it is the last sovereign by sierra lee). That being said a lot of people think poorly of rpgmaker so I guess it might be a bit more difficult to market it.

Good luck with your project and I hope everything works out for you guys.

Lena Tran

Jun 21, 2017
p.S.: The files mentioned by @ASLPro3D were actually for Mac, so if you have a windows pc you can't use thoses files @Bella Fleps you'd need to download these two files:
1st:
2nd:

download and extract the first file, then download and extract the 2nd file click on "Overwrite All" if you're asked to do so (You should be asked else read the how to in the first post here [Installation Instructions] or watch the video I made for you guys)
Actually I'm on Mac, did everything that was told on here

still getting traceback error.
You should make it so we just need to download
the full game and the patch files, make things a bit more
"Simple"

blahblah25

Respected User
Apr 19, 2018
So did this new "update" add anything or just nope cause I start from my latest save and says end of this episode any insight would be appreciated

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
So did this new "update" add anything or just nope cause I start from my latest save and says end of this episode any insight would be appreciated
May be you just need to read the change-log in the OP.
V21/8/18 (0.5.2.1)
Patch Created:
  • Patch created to address software issues where saves were incorrectly logging choices, character name and other effects.
  • Fixes other minor story related issues and screw ups.

Calyps0

Mar 24, 2018
Here's my crunched version.

Lossy compression (means image/audio/video quality is reduced to make shit smaller) is used. You've been warned so no bitching.
Updated August 21, 2018
Wicked Choices [v0.5.2.1] [ASLPro3d] - Original Size: 3.37GB

Download PC (273MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Bossapplesauce...Can you do this for MAC version please? If I understand what you did there...its all versions...newest patches applied etc..so I can just DL the game and play it without saving over files etc?

Reactions: Palanto

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Bossapplesauce...Can you do this for MAC version please? If I understand what you did there...its all versions...newest patches applied etc..so I can just DL the game and play it without saving over files etc?
No, it's also compressed (made smaller by reducing quality).

For mac, open up the "Download Mac" spoiler in the OP and download the last two files. Unpack the 0.5.2.0 first, and then the patch over top of it.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Over my head. Can there be a link to just have it "work"?
I get your point. However, I don't have a mac to test mac versions, and I'm not the game dev.

It's seriously just two extra steps; download the game like you normally would, then download and apply the one patch.

I realize it's outside your comfort zone but I swear, not as hard as you think. :)

ASLPro3D

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
No spoilers? Haha, that's fair enough, I'll find out down the road so that's all good :)
A good wizard never let's his audience peek behind the curtains... or up his robes. ;) x'D

Yikes, well I do hope that the health concerns are nothing severe and will get better, might need to focus on getting better! :)
Truth be told, I spent since the middle of January, while working on the game, having one doctor's appointment after the next, being poked and prodded because there was concern that I might have either bladder or kidney cancer. Fortunately, at my last appointment on August 13th, the doctors now believe that the reason for the passage of blood is the result of an enlarged prostate putting pressure on the bladder walls and causing the bladder to bleed... so I am in the clear for now, at least until February, where I need to decide if I want to undergo prostate surgery or not.

But, yes, through it all, I still worked and focused on the game... first, because I made a promise and had a responsibility to my supporters and patrons and second, it gave me something to focus on and try to finish, reducing the free time that I would've had to just sit and stress.... the wife, however, was almost a basket case and I think a part of her believed I was going to check out on her.

Well my point is that i.e. in Acting Lessons, the characters are very well written, it's quite easy to connect with them, and feel a certain type of way, but I can't go into too much detail, wouldn't want to spoil anything in case you ever decide to pick up on the game. But the story is very well written and so are the characters, relationships and everything too are very believable and realistic, plenty of twists too, all the characteristics of a great VN, just like this one :)
When [or if] I get some time, will have to check this one out and the others you've mentioned. I've been trapped within my head, and within the universe that I've been creating, for far too long and could use an escape. ;)

That vision you have, I find that interesting and overall I think it would be the best too, I like the option to just leap to destinations you want to go to, or if you want ALL the content, you need to explore a little bit, okay, you need to explore a lot, but since when a little bit of adventurous exploration was a bad thing? Haha! Yeah I think I'd like that vision take place :)
My goal, if we can do it correctly, is to keep a similar level of storytelling within an RPH Maker game, while also providing game play elements that is missing in a VN... we'll have to see if we can accomplish that, which is why we will be testing it out on a Side-Arc storyline first. ;)

4.30 star(s) 80 Votes