• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Why Is Almost Every “Furry” Title…?

Girm Ork

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2019
Because we have a lot of Japanese "partly-furried" characters in anime-style games. So, if you are a straight male interested in those things then you can get Nekopara. Cat-girls, fox-girls, monster-girls are pretty popular in Japan.

Is it possible to compete with Nekopara? Hell no, you better go and make a gay game.

• Haha
Reactions: jestertlw

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I think there is 2 different groups here. There is the people who are into japanese neko stuff which are pretty much your standard weebs. Then there is the true furry who takes it to the next level, incorporating it into their lifestyle and kind of creating an alter ego. Furry conventions, full body costumes, anthro animals rather than cat eared humans, etc. So this second group probably makes up the bulk of the "furry community." This is a community comprised of outcasts. Even weebs view them as sort of deviants and weirdos. Naturally, this forms a more accepting and supportive culture within the group. People who feel like they don't belong, perhaps those struggling with their sexual identity, might find acceptance in this group. Regardless of how it started, the fact that gay/bi makes up a large percentage of the group will lead to a positive feedback loop to recruit more gay/bi/curious individuals.

As for the 40% of furry games being gay on this site, I think this is woefully underrepresenting the actual numbers. As stated, the japanese neko and cat eared stuff are not really the furry we are thinking of. Those neko stuff will mostly all be straight, but I don't really think it's correct to lump those with the true furry games. If you look at only game with real anthropomorphic animals, I wouldn't be surprised to find 90% of those being gay.

jestertlw

Nov 23, 2019
I think there is 2 different groups here. There is the people who are into japanese neko stuff which are pretty much your standard weebs. Then there is the true furry who takes it to the next level, incorporating it into their lifestyle and kind of creating an alter ego. Furry conventions, full body costumes, anthro animals rather than cat eared humans, etc. So this second group probably makes up the bulk of the "furry community." This is a community comprised of outcasts. Even weebs view them as sort of deviants and weirdos. Naturally, this forms a more accepting and supportive culture within the group. People who feel like they don't belong, perhaps those struggling with their sexual identity, might find acceptance in this group. Regardless of how it started, the fact that gay/bi makes up a large percentage of the group will lead to a positive feedback loop to recruit more gay/bi/curious individuals.

As for the 40% of furry games being gay on this site, I think this is woefully underrepresenting the actual numbers. As stated, the japanese neko and cat eared stuff are not really the furry we are thinking of. Those neko stuff will mostly all be straight, but I don't really think it's correct to lump those with the true furry games. If you look at only game with real anthropomorphic animals, I wouldn't be surprised to find 90% of those being gay.
We await the results of your research with bated breath. Until then, it's just your opinion backed by personal observation of a very limited sample and your own worldview and hypotheses.

That's the problem with threads like these - we all have opinions and biases, but without data and actual conversations with the communities in question - it's all conjecture which usually ends up with a confirmation bias (using other people's opinions that agree with our current world view to support our positions).

Gundamu0079

Sep 19, 2018
i mean its whatever but kinda ticks me off as a fan of furry x female human genre

always feel shafted, even though it has a slow growth.

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
I decided to check games with the furry tag while blacklisting the gay tag to see if that 40% is accurate. A lot of the games left have a human protagonist with one or two furry LIs. A few, like Matchmaker Inc, have a human protagonist with primarily furry or monster girl LIs. Quite a few of those are VR or POV games. There's a handful of games with character creation in settings where everyone's a furry. Most of those are focused on another fetish (eg Growth RPG) and the furry just happens to be tacked on. And in the extreme minority you have actual furry games like Automaton Story. Out of the 300 results about 20 seem to be furry games that aren't focused on gay characters or another fetish. If you include the human protagonist games you're probably up to around 150. With only 505 games tagged furry that's a significant portion but way below 40%.

SpoiledPrince

Apr 23, 2019
God is punishing us for our sins by pushing most of the good 2D artists towards drawing Doctor Moreau's abominations furries, instead of normal, pleasant-looking adult men. We are supposed to get tired and repent at some point, hopefully diverting our attention to humongous double-chest-tumor suffering MILFs or futas, at least, which are half the way.
It's all part of the plan.

But some of us, the strongest, will never defect to it! Hold the line, mates!

(This answer is an obvious joke. Please don't get offended :censored:)

Last edited: