Why Do You Play Incest Games?

Only4You

Feb 12, 2018
I think the central idea behind incest content is the Taboo factor. Just because it's forbidden, it's so wrong - makes it attractive. That is, of course, speaking from the perspective of the general audience of incest.

As for myself, personally, I also like the psychological contention - the confusion of emotions. It's like someone told me - here are two chemical reagents (i.e. familial love and sexual love)- they're safe when separate but don't mix them together - they'll blow up in your face. And of course, I wouldn't - not in an unsafe environment (i.e. real life). But at the safety of a laboratory - why wouldn't I? Because I'm fucking curious, LOL.

But the problem is - most people think of incest content as a joke. The content creators themselves also, understandably, don't try to take themselves too seriously. So, they're playing with the highly diluted versions of the reagents, not their purest forms. Even at the safety of the lab, they're afraid to mix the reagents in their purest forms. Some, unfortunately, don't even understand the experiment - they're playing with the wrong chemicals.

So, I'm still waiting for a dev brave enough to do the experiment in the most "brutally" realistic way. But I admit, there are ones who come close.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I think the central idea behind incest content is the Taboo factor. Just because it's forbidden, it's so wrong - makes it attractive. That is, of course, speaking from the perspective of the general audience of incest.

As for myself, personally, I also like the psychological contention - the confusion of emotions. It's like someone told me - here are two chemical reagents (i.e. familial love and sexual love)- they're safe when separate but don't mix them together - they'll blow up in your face. And of course, I wouldn't - not in an unsafe environment (i.e. real life). But at the safety of a laboratory - why wouldn't I? Because I'm fucking curious, LOL.

But the problem is - most people think of incest content as a joke. The content creators themselves also, understandably, don't try to take themselves too seriously. So, they're playing with the highly diluted versions of the reagents, not their purest forms. Even at the safety of the lab, they're afraid to mix the reagents in their purest forms. Some, unfortunately, don't even understand the experiment - they're playing with the wrong chemicals.

So, I'm still waiting for a dev brave enough to do the experiment in the most "brutally" realistic way. But I admit, there are ones who come close.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Think possible if mixed to well, you would get an adult story but not the fap happy kind...

"Haley's story" is probably leaning to a more realistic view on things in regard of a "incest themed" story, but diluted as well.

Reactions: Only4You

Only4You

Feb 12, 2018
Think possible if mixed to well, you would get an adult story but not the fap happy kind...
Those two qualities need not be mutually exclusive. The formula most devs use - sexual tension is often enough to retain the audience. But I don't know why so many devs feel that they have to have a long and blue-balling-ly painful build-up to sex, and thinking sex is the end-all in an incest story - why not start the story after that point, or fast forward, portraying only the important parts? There should be plenty to write about, even after they start having sex. (As a matter of fact, I know the reason = $$$)

Reactions: SkyRebel

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Those two qualities need not be mutually exclusive. The formula most devs use - sexual tension is often enough to retain the audience. But I don't know why so many devs feel that they have to have a long and blue-balling-ly painful build-up to sex, and thinking sex is the end-all in an incest story - why not start the story after that point, or fast forward, portraying only the important parts? There should be plenty to write about, even after they start having sex. (As a matter of fact, I know the reason = $$$)
Tbh games where you jump right into the action after 5 minutes with no build up or story arch at all get tedious and boring. Games that release updates for 2 years and still no action tedious and boring as well. Progression and phasing is a big issue many creators have tbh. Together with seem to have little to no idea how to progress a story "after the fact" (when the dirty deed done). Story wise; "Light of my life" and "Haley's Story" among the better games in the genre. Way back I had hopes for "Wife and a mother" too, but that one kinda ran itself into a ditch.

Imho "flashbacks" to the past why things lead to where you are in the present, can be a nice way to supplement story building without draw it out to long. But need to be a bit more believable than just "saw her naked in the shower". Because if that was a reason to pursue a family member, you would been busy pursue any naked female(male, whatever) you come across.

Idalain

Aug 7, 2020
For me it's about the taboo nature of the relationship. In real life I have absolutely zero attraction to my mother, and I don't have a sister - yet I find the taboo nature of those relationships in a game a huge turn on.

For mother/son stuff as well, the seduction and age elements certainly come in to play. An older woman corrupted by her young lusty son... or even better, a young innocent son corrupted by his lusty mother, that's just a great combo of taboo and age play for me.

Mar 18, 2020
But I don't know why so many devs feel that they have to have a long and blue-balling-ly painful build-up to sex, and thinking sex is the end-all in an incest story - why not start the story after that point, or fast forward, portraying only the important parts? There should be plenty to write about, even after they start having sex.
I've been working on something very close to this. I got sick of playing games where you spend the first part clicking around looking/waiting for content, and wanted to write something that basically jumps straight to the sex part then explores a bunch of fetishes and scenarios within the incestuous relationships. Then I played though it myself and it all seemed unearned, so I went back and added more buildup and context. If you play your cards right, you still get to fuck three family members in the first day of the game, though. I think there can definitely be a happy medium, and finding that should be an important part of the dev process.

oblivion9900

Mar 31, 2018
for me its pretty much the taboo aspect of it, how it just seems wrong to most people i guess. used to be in a relationship with a cousin a good while ago (i truly am i degenerate i guess lol) but at the same time i wouldnt go as far as my sister or something like that. like i said it is mostly the idea of it being taboo i guess.

oblivion9900

Mar 31, 2018
I've been working on something very close to this. I got sick of playing games where you spend the first part clicking around looking/waiting for content, and wanted to write something that basically jumps straight to the sex part then explores a bunch of fetishes and scenarios within the incestuous relationships. Then I played though it myself and it all seemed unearned, so I went back and added more buildup and context. If you play your cards right, you still get to fuck three family members in the first day of the game, though. I think there can definitely be a happy medium, and finding that should be an important part of the dev process.
i personally like the story/build up process a lot especially when it is done well. to me when the games (especially incest derived games) go straight into the sex without much build-up i kinda just lose interest in it somewhat. although i think that can be just me loving a good story lol

CassidyPRO

Jul 6, 2017
i like the taboo.. i like the idea of having scarlet johanson as my sister or jennifer connolly as my mom lmao. But i have zero interest in my family.. its just a fetish... its not literal. but the taboo part of it is exciting.

Mar 18, 2020
i personally like the story/build up process a lot especially when it is done well. to me when the games (especially incest derived games) go straight into the sex without much build-up i kinda just lose interest in it somewhat. although i think that can be just me loving a good story lol
Agreed. My original plan of 'vague character sketches with a bunch of choices that lead to different sex scenes' didn't really work. Just because the writer has told you this character is the MC's sister doesn't really mean anything unless the relationship is built up properly.

Reactions: oblivion9900

Mimir's Lab

Game Developer
Sep 30, 2019
Tbh games where you jump right into the action after 5 minutes with no build up or story arch at all get tedious and boring. Games that release updates for 2 years and still no action tedious and boring as well. Progression and phasing is a big issue many creators have tbh. Together with seem to have little to no idea how to progress a story "after the fact" (when the dirty deed done). Story wise; "Light of my life" and "Haley's Story" among the better games in the genre. Way back I had hopes for "Wife and a mother" too, but that one kinda ran itself into a ditch.

Imho "flashbacks" to the past why things lead to where you are in the present, can be a nice way to supplement story building without draw it out to long. But need to be a bit more believable than just "saw her naked in the shower". Because if that was a reason to pursue a family member, you would been busy pursue any naked female(male, whatever) you come across.
Here's my thoughts on this matter. You have two types of games that make up the overwhelming majority of the games on this site. Games whose sole focus is on getting to the sex and games that try to tell a story that just happens to have sex. The games that focus on the sex feel stale after you've fucked a girl a few times because there is no depth to the purpose of anything in the story; You're here to fuck a girl and you've done that, end of story. The games focused on telling a good story generally don't integrate the sex very well and it's just there (or not at all) as a side tangent during an otherwise focused narrative to qualify it as an adult game. In the end, the sex contributes nothing to the story, it's only eye/fap candy for the audience to keep them engaged.

Ideally, you'd create a story focused game where the sex is pivotal to the plot. Every sex scene shown to the audience needs to have a point besides eye candy. Either it shows that you've elevated your relationship with a girl to the maximum, in which case you had better find a compelling reason to continue fucking the girl, or you insert purpose into every sex scene you show so that there's always a reason for more sex. The corruption genre is one of the best genres to show what this looks like as every sex scene is purpose-built to show a character's increasing descent into depravity. Regarding purposeful sex, one way you can check if you're doing this is to ask, if I remove this sex scene, will the story still be coherent. If no, then you have a sex scene with story purposes, if yes, you have a sex scene that is purely visual spectacle.

Connecting this information to the thread, incest games are boring because incest is the focus of the game. Once you've fucked everyone related to you, you've fulfilled the purpose of the game. What devs need to do is create larger issues at hand and use incest either as a vehicle to cause those problems, or as a solution to those problems. The more compelling and complex the issues, the deeper and more meaningful the solutions to those problems via incest can be. Money problems and the use of incestuous prostitution as a solution to those problems is extremely shallow. Using incest as a tool to attempt to treat insecurities and irrational behaviors as a result of deep seated mommy issues is much deeper.

Ultimately, that's what I'm looking for. These adult games have the potential to tell incredible fringe stories without regards to censorship. I just want an incredible incest story with a lot of sex because you can't get that type of story anywhere else on the web. Oh, and also, I just like the cest.

Grimnir

Sep 11, 2017
I like the idea of vicariously having sex at a younger age through the characters in the games. I'm engaged now, but I'm in my 30s and watched my young adult years fly by and I think how nice it would have been to grow up with a hot sister, or even step sister. Though that never happened because my dad always dated alcoholics.

Reactions: Mimir's Lab

215303j

I agree with both of you, but at the same time there are many kinds of incest as well as many reasons to want to have sex.

If siblings (MF, FF or MM) want to experiment with sex (of some kind) in a safe environment that's something else then if they want to pursue a romantic relationship. I think that the experimenting type is way more common than people think, My Sister My Roommate did this kind of story.

Father-daughter or mother-son incest is different and less likely to be experimentation and more likely to be abuse. Also in a mutually consentual romance, abuse is still around the corner (given how many people find DMD creepy).

I think that IRL incest romance is likely to add badly because romance in any case often ends badly. But whereas you can somewhat easily distance yourself from an ex BF/GF, it's very difficult and painful to distance yourself from a close family member.

P.S. my tip for a realistic incest story: Intimate Relations.

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
There's a youtube video about an inbred family in West Virginia, it's naturally pretty disturbing. I don't think most people actually want to fuck their families IRL, or if they do, it remains a fantasy they would never act upon.
But we have themes of students fucking teachers, characters fucking nuns, men fucking other people's wives and girlfriends, etc. The taboo/forbidden aspect is a powerful kink/fetish. Incest kicks it up a notch.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
There's a youtube video about an inbred family in West Virginia, it's naturally pretty disturbing. I don't think most people actually want to fuck their families IRL, or if they do, it remains a fantasy they would never act upon.
But we have themes of students fucking teachers, characters fucking nuns, men fucking other people's wives and girlfriends, etc. The taboo/forbidden aspect is a powerful kink/fetish. Incest kicks it up a notch.
That is not the result of a "one of" though. That is the results of several generations.

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
That is not the result of a "one of" though. That is the results of several generations.
Sure. I'd note that in the lore of the Olympian gods, they seem to freely engage in incest AND inbreeding, because gods "breed true" I guess, but it is nonetheless forbidden to mortals. One could probably knock up one's mom and sister without opening a pandora's box of genetic defects, but if you kept impregnating your inbred offspring, eventually bad shit would emerge.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
All anyone needs is to take a look at the offspring of incest to deter them from their sinful ways

View attachment 765427
Well, if you look at the extreme "Fritzl" case out of Austria. The dude that kept his daughter captive for years and knocked her up with several children. The trauma and damage there was mentally. There is many examples of children conceived due to incest that been born healthy, although many of these not the result of what you can consider mutual love and romance though.

The royal families in Europe had their fair share of "keep it in the family" for many generations to secure wealth and power. Include a picture of the more extreme results without fill in the backstory and even family history/tree to see how the result came to be is a bit lackluster.

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
Well, if you look at the extreme "Fritzl" case out of Austria. The dude that kept his daughter captive for years and knocked her up with several children. The trauma and damage there was mentally. There is many examples of children conceived due to incest that been born healthy, although many of these not the result of what you can consider mutual love and romance though.

The royal families in Europe had their fair share of "keep it in the family" for many generations to secure wealth and power. Include a picture of the more extreme results without fill in the backstory and even family history/tree to see how the result came to be is a bit lackluster.
"Blue Bloods" referred to the common practice of cousin-marriage among royals, resulting in rare conditions like hemophilia being commonplace amongst royalty. The Egyptian royals allegedly engaged in at least occasional sibling marriage.
The story of Lot and his daughters sounds so dubious as to be unintentionally humorous(the sisters, eager to continue the family line after mom got turned into a pillar of salt, got dad drunk and had their way with him when he fell asleep--notwithstanding the difficulty a drunk, unconscious man would have getting and maintaining an erection!).

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Sure. I'd note that in the lore of the Olympian gods, they seem to freely engage in incest AND inbreeding, because gods "breed true" I guess, but it is nonetheless forbidden to mortals. One could probably knock up one's mom and sister without opening a pandora's box of genetic defects, but if you kept impregnating your inbred offspring, eventually bad shit would emerge.
Of course, that is genetics. But in "one of" situations the likelihood of some major defects take place would be rather slim. You can have two strangers that hook up, fall in love, and make two headed babies as well due to both carry bad genes.

I suppose there is a difference between have a incest fetish that might involve pregnancy, and have one where you want to build an "all in the family harem for generations". Then you more going into the "Wrong turn series" :ROFLMAO:

おい!

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2018
"Blue Bloods" referred to the common practice of cousin-marriage among royals, resulting in rare conditions like hemophilia being commonplace amongst royalty. The Egyptian royals allegedly engaged in at least occasional sibling marriage.
The story of Lot and his daughters sounds so dubious as to be unintentionally humorous(the sisters, eager to continue the family line after mom got turned into a pillar of salt, got dad drunk and had their way with him when he fell asleep--notwithstanding the difficulty a drunk, unconscious man would have getting and maintaining an erection!).
Prince Phillip is currently 99 years old, Queen Elizabeth II is currently 94 years old, the Queen Mother died at 101 years old. So it goes to prove that being born from incest does not mean that much really, when it comes to bad health.