Why are so many games on here so rapey? [Poll]

Why do devs make rapey games? (explained below)

• Shortcut to Sex

Votes: 130 17.7%
  • Rape Fantasy

Votes: 337 46.0%
  • They don't know how to interact with human females

Votes: 266 36.3%

• Total voters

AmazonessKing

Amazoness Entrepreneur
Aug 13, 2019
welcome to my world. None of these games are catered to me.
That's exactly why I said most of these games are catered to men, I for once don't like games with female MCs because I'm a man, for example. But what about games like Good Girl Gone Bad? I absolutely hate the guts of it, but it sounds like it may be for you.

And tell you what, you can change it by developing games yourself if you think you can make a difference. At the very least, you'd be making a game you can enjoy, and if there's more people like you, and you are one of the first persons to do something like it, it might go very well for you. At the very least, you can work as a writer with a game developer.

GracelessLamb

Oct 20, 2019
That's exactly why I said most of these games are catered to men, I for once don't like games with female MCs because I'm a man, for example. But what about games like Good Girl Gone Bad? I absolutely hate the guts of it, but it sounds like it may be for you.

And tell you what, you can change it by developing games yourself if you think you can make a difference. At the very least, you'd be making a game you can enjoy, and if there's more people like you, and you are one of the first persons to do something like it, it might go very well for you. At the very least, you can work as a writer with a game developer.
I’m told I’m pretty good at sex scene choreography though I highly doubt a game developer would want the kinda smut I write. I can’t program or draw so that’s really all I have to offer.

though I’ve seen some r18 otome game cgs and they’re actually pretty rapey too. (Getting back on topic)

Reactions: AmazonessKing

AmazonessKing

Amazoness Entrepreneur
Aug 13, 2019
Then learn yourself how to code. Ren'py is very very easy. And even then, I'm pretty sure some developer out there will agree with your smut. You can even go to the services section of this forum. Some people want writers, after all.

As for otomes, that's another thing too. Just try to make a difference. I'm sorry most of these games don't cater to you, but I felt exactly the same, and here I am developing a game.

Reactions: GracelessLamb

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Excellent post.

I do think we need to separate the varios legal definitions from the fetishes.

The law is the law but it's not the same everywhere. Also the law is not similarly applied all the time everywhere. And finally the law is only enforced when there has been a problem.

But with regards to fetish, we also have to say it's different for everybody.

I can enjoy rape fantasies (in the broad definition) sometimes, but I am also tired of yet another game featuring sleep raping your younger roommate. Especially in a romance-type story.
Yeah I think there's a big difference between the hard rape (mugger in a dark alley) type of situation where the woman is forced and probably injured during the process vs something like rough sex or a role played scene. I don't think many men are into the hard rape scenario and I would bet that hardly any women are (at least if it's not a setup with someone they know and trust).

I think for most people it's more about some variation on dominance or submission. I also think the consent police have gotten way out of control in a lot of cases. Lots of people have a few drinks before having sex and according to many consent definitions that automatically makes everyone involved a rapist (including the women, since the guy can't consent when drunk either). Having wild drunken sex that you may or may not regret or even remember the next day is not something I think most people find to be a problem (unless one of you is actually passed out or something).

I think the type of scene most people are looking for in a softer rape scenario is one where the woman initially puts up some resistance (even if she's only pretending to), the man dominates her, and mid way through the scene the woman decides she likes it and becomes a willing participant. You could probably flip those roles for a femdom scenario but I think that's a lot less common unless you're talking bondage since it's usually not very believable to have the woman overpower the man, but to have her tie him up at gun/knife point or after drugging him or something that could work.

The fascination that a lot of games have with sleep sex doesn't make much sense to me though. Most of those scenes are absurdly unrealistic. Nobody is going to sleep through being face fucked or worse without being literally drugged. Some people have a thing for incapacitated "victims" I guess but being asleep doesn't really put you in that state. Most people are going to wake up before almost everyting in those scenes can happen.

The creeper type scenes I have in my mod are set up so the target always wakes up almost immediately and then joins in willingly. But that only works in a scenario where they are already into each other or maybe some sort of rape fantasy where the woman wakes up and either resists or pretends to.

215303j

But what about games like Good Girl Gone Bad? I absolutely hate the guts of it, but it sounds like it may be for you.
Of topic, but why? GGGB has a lot of very divergent paths, so there must be something for everyone somewhere....
In my opinion, in terms of game design, it's nearly perfect and a great example of how a non-sandbox game should work.

At the very least, you'd be making a game you can enjoy
I am told it's kind of hard to code with only your left hand available.

215303j

I also think the consent police have gotten way out of control in a lot of cases.
One problem with consent is that it's fluid.

Someone may consent to something without thinking (even without alcohol / drugs) one day and regret it the other.

For example: I personally believe that pushing for sex (outside an established relationship) while the girl is e.g. emotionally unstable is clearly morally wrong.

But, is it reasonable to assume that the guy must recognise this instability? Are girls who are nearly always emotionally unstable doomed to die as virgins? To the second question, I think quite the opposite... To the first question, miscommunication is inherent to relationships, so the guy is likely to misinterpret the situation (possibly with some wishful thinking) and pushes for the sex while he sees the opportunity.

Another problem is the difference between enjoying a fantasy and experiencing it for real.
A lot of people fantasize about threesomes, but when they finally chose to make it real, it quite often turns out to be a bad idea and leads to the end of the relationship.

The thing with sex is, it's a very strong emotion and once something happened, it's impossible to undo.
All you can do is pretend something never happened but it's not the same thing.

Literally traced art and disgusting premise. The fact that is Female MC is bad enough.
Art and female MC, sure, I get that.
But what's wrong with the premise?

ParadiseLofts

Game Developer
Apr 26, 2019
I’m told I’m pretty good at sex scene choreography though I highly doubt a game developer would want the kinda smut I write. I can’t program or draw so that’s really all I have to offer.

though I’ve seen some r18 otome game cgs and they’re actually pretty rapey too. (Getting back on topic)
I have an ex-girlfriend who loved to role-play rape fantasies. It isn't an uncommon fantasy, and I was happy to indulge with her, but the last thing on planet earth she would want is to be genuinely raped. Anyway, point is, I've thought about throwing that kind of fantasy scenario into my game, but with Patreon, I'm not sure I even want to approach it. Seems like a quick way to get banned on that platform, yet I have seen plenty of non-consensual acts of sex in many of these projects. They may not be explicitly "rape" but still forced or coerced acts in some way or another.

Aren't the otome games purposefully marketed more for women? Or do more men play them than women? I'm pretty clueless on the matter. Just wondering, if lots of women DO play them, do they want these acts in the game, or is it more the steering of the writers and artists? I would think they track what types of stories, and the elements in them, sell best, but ya never know...

thecardinal

Latina midget, sub to my Onlyfans - cash for gash
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Western woman simulator is not appealing, at least for me. I guess a western woman would be all over it.
Nope, it's definitely made for dudes. The only thing it has going for it is that it has a female MC, that's all that would appeal to most women.

pasunna

Game Developer
Feb 11, 2019
Funny thing is... people who don’t like rape game
Go check all the game that they expect to have the rape in game and crying…
You can choose what you want
And why what you want is not created that much?
Well… because the other sell well
And let me guess...
You not one of the buyer for them even if it suit your taste perfectly
Because you poor blablabla
You know what… dev are poor like yourself
They have their taste like your self
So they want money and wan to do a game they like as much as you want to play free game that perfectly suit your taste
These rape game go out because many like and open their pocket to support them
And a good high class taste player go crying about what they want
But less of them go on support any of it unless it free…

Reactions: Callowayaway

thecardinal

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Funny thing is... people who don’t like rape game
Go check all the game that they expect to have the rape in game and crying…
You can choose what you want
And why what you want is not created that much?
Well… because the other sell well
And let me guess...
You not one of the buyer for them even if it suit your taste perfectly
Because you poor blablabla
You know what… dev are poor like yourself
They have their taste like your self
So they want money and wan to do a game they like as much as you want to play free game that perfectly suit your taste
These rape game go out because many like and open their pocket to support them
And a good high class taste player go crying about what they want
But less of them go on support any of it unless it free…
I am also pretty tired of all those broke crybaby non-rapists. /s

Reactions: shinydevon

Fliptoynk

Nov 9, 2018
Bcus some of us grow tired of reading lines like "babe... Are you sure about this?" "Does it hurt? We can stop if you dont't feel like it".
And bcus of the sayin "good men finish last", well... We dun wanna make the mc adopt a mistake right? So we go for being assertive, grab the chance by the pssy, and 'SPREAD YA LEGS, BIZCHNATS UMF! UMF! UMF!'

GracelessLamb

Oct 20, 2019
Nope, it's definitely made for dudes. The only thing it has going for it is that it has a female MC, that's all that would appeal to most women.
Yes. The female mc games are clearly for men. The last game I played made it glaringly so when the attractive male lead didn’t get a sex scene with the mc. If it were not three am I would have screamed in frustration. You guys wrote a tentacle rape scene for the exorcist lady but you didn’t give us a single sex scene featuring the handsome devil we spent the entire game trying to free? Seriously?

I’m going to be mad about that for awhile.

Bcus some of us grow tired of reading lines like "babe... Are you sure about this?" "Does it hurt? We can stop if you dont't feel like it".
And bcus of the sayin "good men finish last", well... We dun wanna make the mc adopt a mistake right? So we go for being assertive, grab the chance by the pssy, and 'SPREAD YA LEGS, BIZCHNATS UMF! UMF! UMF!'
yeah not gonna lie I hate those lines too.

thecardinal

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Yes. The female mc games are clearly for men. The last game I played made it glaringly so when the attractive male lead didn’t get a sex scene with the mc. If it were not three am I would have screamed in frustration. You guys wrote a tentacle rape scene for the exorcist lady but you didn’t give us a single sex scene featuring the handsome devil we spent the entire game trying to free? Seriously?

I’m going to be mad about that for awhile.
A lot of Madonna-Whore complex in the games here. A significant proportion of the female mc games are corruption themed, if you are looking for a girl meets boy VN forget about it. It has gotten better over time, and some great developers are getting more funding and better at writing.

GracelessLamb

Oct 20, 2019
A lot of Madonna-Whore complex in the games here. A significant proportion of the female mc games are corruption themed, if you are looking for a girl meets boy VN forget about it. It has gotten better over time, and some great developers are getting more funding and better at writing.
I wasn't even looking for a 'girl meets boy story' I knew I was playing a corruption game. I just wanted at least one scene with both of them together. Wasn't much to ask for was it?
'oh hey lemme repay all your hard work with my massive dong' << at this point I wouldn't have minded that outcome even if it was a dumb set up.

Yes. I'm still salty about it.

• Haha
Reactions: RanliLabz

shinydevon

Jan 26, 2018
I wasn't even looking for a 'girl meets boy story' I knew I was playing a corruption game. I just wanted at least one scene with both of them together. Wasn't much to ask for was it?
'oh hey lemme repay all your hard work with my massive dong' << at this point I wouldn't have minded that outcome even if it was a dumb set up.

Yes. I'm still salty about it.
Are there any games you'd strongly recommend? I'd actually really love a female-MC game that's similar to the mess of "harem" style male-MC games. Why can't a girl just like having sex with lots of people? :p

ChaosOpen

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2019
Are there any games you'd strongly recommend? I'd actually really love a female-MC game that's similar to the mess of "harem" style male-MC games. Why can't a girl just like having sex with lots of people? :p
(english version has no mosaic)

It's pretty much a grab-bag of different fetishes with as many CG scenes as possible strung together with more of a premise than an actual plot(teacher wants to have sex with all of her students, hijinks ensue). It is fap fuel pure and simple. However, if you're looking to see the woman's point of view in explicit detail, with no corruption, this is the best example I've found.

Last edited:

Playful_RM

Dec 1, 2019
I thought I'd add my .2p to the OP.

The only game I've played where they got it about right, with the protagonist initiating relations by realistic interactions with the woman, is Mass Effect 2 (specifically Morinth but also any other relationship in the game).

Impressing women is something most men try to do, though we don't realise until we're a bit older that women are more impressed by displays of competence than anything else. A game where you do that in order to "win" the interaction, risking rejection, isn't really a fantasy. It's reality. You know, on this level having to go and fix her car would be interesting, though even here the dominant culture would reject him for "mansplaining" or some similar nonsense.

I think this is why you see so many games with a control theme. There is no process of negotiation with a risk of rejection required. I would be interested to play such a game. But I just feel that if you're going for realism, you'd only get one chance and there's no replay. It's a bit harsh but that's life. On the other hand games involve suspension of disbelief. They're fantasies. So there's that too.

Carcosa_

May 14, 2019
If you try to search games by using the "rape" tag, you'll see that about 95% or maybe even more of the games you'll find are Jap games. Westerners are surprisingly vanilla about it, and I guess it's mostly cause of patreon and other companies imposing restrictions on what fetishes they allow the creators to have in their games.

I think people just get off to a domination fantasy, that's pretty much it.

The only game I've played where they got it about right, with the protagonist initiating relations by realistic interactions with the woman, is Mass Effect 2 (specifically Morinth but also any other relationship in the game).
Absolute LMAO! No Mass Effect game has anything close to realistic romances.