• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Which style of drawing do you prefer ?

What's your preference?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Epadder

Programmer
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2016
I will say that Afrobull's art is likely to draw more people to support you than those you could lose because of the CG being available on his Patreon.

Your game's art is very likely to end up for free on quite a few websites regardless once you have your first release. :whistle:

The art even though it has 'spoilers' can still draw people in and make them want to play the game. :D

Spirox

Jun 15, 2018
You guys really liked Afrobull's art haha (well we will see, I asked him if he could put it in his Patreon but with the name of the game on it.

The first time I talked to him he told me that he got a lot of work to do due to his Patreon page, so I convinced him somehow to close the commissions and gimme priority... and then he wanted to know more about the game so I told him what is it about, and now we are here. So I will wait and see what he will say.

I think he may be afraid that my game kills his Patreon and somehow steel his patrons :(

I really don't know how people like the ones who did Roundscape, how they managed to find their artists so easily...

Epadder

Programmer
Game Developer
Oct 25, 2016
It's really good art style and very engaging expressions/poses :love:.

I don't think he's worried about you stealing patrons, more that you're some random guy he just met who wants him to drop his usual profitable business to take a risk... :whistle:
***EDIT***

Also there is no guarantee that Roundscape had an easy time finding an artist... but if they did it could be a couple of things.
  • They had a solid demo to show to potential partners.
  • They already knew an artist.
  • They knew someone who knew an artist.
  • They were in the right place at the right time to see an artist looking for work.
  • Something else I didn't think of.

Spirox

Jun 15, 2018
Yes something like that, that why I gave him near double of what he takes from others, I really hope he will accept because even me I liked his art and think it would be a good fit for my game.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
I don't think he's worried about you stealing patrons, more that your some random guy he just met who wants him to drop his usual profitable business to take a risk... :whistle:
It's this exactly. For instance, if you have ever played Rogue-Like, the dev behind that, Oni, was already a rule34 artist making his money doing that. It releases very slowly because he does the art for it in between more solid, profitable work. Any artist you court is going to be similar, if they already have profitable work.

So, actually, you would probably do well to allow him to release some of the art on his patreon, to keep it going and his patreon income flowing, because it would mean that he could devote more focus to your game.

Reactions: Spirox

Spirox

Jun 15, 2018
It's this exactly. For instance, if you have ever played Rogue-Like, the dev behind that, Oni, was already a rule34 artist making his money doing that. It releases very slowly because he does the art for it in between more solid, profitable work. Any artist you court is going to be similar, if they already have profitable work.

So, actually, you would probably do well to allow him to release some of the art on his patreon, to keep it going and his patreon income flowing, because it would mean that he could devote more focus to your game.
True, so I just hope he will put the link of the game with the image at least...

HiEv

Sep 1, 2017
Well I am not going to work with Afrobull, the negotiation failed... The problem is he want to post my commissions in his patreon even if I almost give him double time of what he earn per commission... If he do that it will create a spoiler effect, an no one would ever be interested to play a game if he can have all the CG for only 5$...
Or people would play the game but my Patreon would be a lame... lol
I beg to differ.

First of all, people here have overwhelmingly shown a preference for his art. This can only be a boon to your game.

Second of all, most people who play these games won't check his page, so nothing spoiled.

Third, even if they do go there, that may only whet their appetite to see the story in the game that goes along with those images.

Fourth, the people who already check his page would become potential customers of yours, allowing you to expand your list of supporters even more quickly, since they'd likely want to play a game with his art.

It's basically free advertising.

I honestly think both you and he will make make more money from that arrangement than either of you will lose.

Spirox

Jun 15, 2018
I beg to differ.

First of all, people here have overwhelmingly shown a preference for his art. This can only be a boon to your game.

Second of all, most people who play these games won't check his page, so nothing spoiled.

Third, even if they do go there, that may only whet their appetite to see the story in the game that goes along with those images.

Fourth, the people who already check his page would become potential customers of yours, allowing you to expand your list of supporters even more quickly, since they'd likely want to play a game with his art.

It's basically free advertising.

I honestly think both you and he will make make more money from that arrangement than either of you will lose.
Seriously I told him all this, now it's it his end. He told me he will think about it. So we will see (I hope he will decide quickly)

HiEv

Sep 1, 2017
Seriously I told him all this, now it's it his end. He told me he will think about it. So we will see (I hope he will decide quickly)
I think you're misunderstanding me. I'm differing with you.

I'm saying let him post the images to his Patreon page. As long as he notes that they're in the game you're making, then it's basically free advertising for your game to his patrons.

Please re-read my previous post in this light.

Eric123456789

Jan 2, 2018
Afrobull. His characters have noses, even though they're not detailed, but at least they're there. What's the deal with hentai artists drawing noseless faces? Humans have noses. Cute girls have cute noses. No nose? Who cut it off? This horrific mutilation needs to be avenged!

Reactions: Spirox