• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Onhold Where the Heart Is - Incest/Walkthrough Mod [EP21][DrAddy]

4.50 star(s) 10 Votes

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Alright, we're five months past when Addy said he expected to be back, I think it's been long enough we can call this one abandoned and in need of rescue. So.... Lord Ashram, any interest?
I was editing the episode 22 script myself but something is up with the game now for me. Monica won't stay as Mom it will be fine until a load where it reverts back to Monica even though it's defined as "Mom". I have the original and a moded folder for each but I got tired of fighting with it.

H2R

Jul 9, 2020
I was editing the episode 22 script myself but something is up with the game now for me. Monica won't stay as Mom it will be fine until a load where it reverts back to Monica even though it's defined as "Mom". I have the original and a moded folder for each but I got tired of fighting with it.
I wish you success and hope you get it working asap

ShepardRahl

May 21, 2018
Was 'Where the Heart Is' an incest game from the start and had to be altered to conform and this mod restores it, or does this mod simply make it an incest game?

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
iirc the original game wasn't explicitly incestuous but left open the possibility that unknowingly the protagonist was living with his true blood relatives.
As far as I remember that is not the case. The game was written with the "coming back from a trip" inspiration but the incest was denied on purpose.

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
Being honest with you, the game just feels better with this mod, I know incest is not for everyone, but thats the same way other stuff isnt for everyone, the incest in this game, is like "perfect", doesnt feel forced, and makes sense actually (imo)
Everyone likes what they like and everyone else should respect that.
I personally although I'm really a big incest fan and where is possible change the game to include incest using a patch it's always the first thing I do before I start playing, but in the case of this game I prefer the original version because I think that here the story makes more sense without modifying it to be a game with incest.

Of course out of curiosity I also tried to play the game using the patch from this thread, but I quickly reverted to the original version.

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
Everyone likes what they like and everyone else should respect that.
I personally although I'm really a big incest fan and where is possible change the game to include incest using a patch it's always the first thing I do before I start playing, but in the case of this game I prefer the original version because I think that here the story makes more sense without modifying it to be a game with incest.

Of course out of curiosity I also tried to play the game using the patch from this thread, but I quickly reverted to the original version.
I always respect that everyone has their own preferences, and there's really no wrong answer.

However, I actually think that this one makes almost zero sense without the patch. Why would the MC have a close connection to any of the characters otherwise? Why would his father care so much about that relationship that he put stipulations about it in his will?

GreggoryLove

Aug 1, 2021
Yea, there was some talking about updating the mod, but there was some problem or something, and now I am like 95% sure the mod won't get any updates
That's unfortunate. Really liked this game but without the mod it just doesn't make as much sense to me. As Loganfin mentioned above, why would the father care so much about the relationships between the MC and the ladies of the house if they weren't related? Seems as improbable as the plots of the majority of AVN's. lol

Immunity

Jul 8, 2017
Welp, guess that's the deathknell for this game then. It seems as if this was the only WT mod that restored the content to what the author originally had in mind (as pointed out prior, none of it makes any sense without it). Without this mod, continuing to sink time in the game is RELATIVELY pointless.

4.50 star(s) 10 Votes