• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.30 star(s) 184 Votes

chuck69

Apr 9, 2023
i just played this game because it came highly recommended. i thought it was great, and definitely agree that its a top tier game, no problem there. but now that im looking into update cycles so i know what to expect and im regretting giving it a go.

im well aware that dev times are increasing across the board in this genre, but 3 chapters in 6 years seems to be a little extreme, which has me wondering if there an explination im unaware of?
im really hoping there was some sort of delay in development that might explain why theres been so little progress in the game since its launch, or is 1 chapter every 2 years the pace for this dev?

could someone please give me some insight into this so i can decide if i want to invest any more intrest in the story, or support this dev?
thank you in advance.

chuck69

Apr 9, 2023
Unaware it's been reworked...maybe check the changelog in the op...

Just a thought...you know...
theres no dates attached to change logs. its hard to know if it was moving along at a good pace before. ive seen projects get put on hold for good, and bad reasons. which is why i asked for a little insight from the community. i wasnt a dick about it when asking, so maybe you shouldnt be in your response.
just a thought.......you know.....;)

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
i just played this game because it came highly recommended. i thought it was great, and definitely agree that its a top tier game, no problem there. but now that im looking into update cycles so i know what to expect and im regretting giving it a go.

im well aware that dev times are increasing across the board in this genre, but 3 chapters in 6 years seems to be a little extreme, which has me wondering if there an explination im unaware of?
im really hoping there was some sort of delay in development that might explain why theres been so little progress in the game since its launch, or is 1 chapter every 2 years the pace for this dev?

could someone please give me some insight into this so i can decide if i want to invest any more intrest in the story, or support this dev?
thank you in advance.
Remade from scratch and the old version had six chapters. The dev focus on Summer's Gone as the objectively more popular of the two games. There's even less attention to WiAB now due to the upcoming release of Summer's Gone on Steam. But WiAB is also heading to Steam after SG, so I think it will get more attention from the dev.

Mar 7, 2024
theres no dates attached to change logs. its hard to know if it was moving along at a good pace before. ive seen projects get put on hold for good, and bad reasons. which is why i asked for a little insight from the community. i wasnt a dick about it when asking, so maybe you shouldnt be in your response.
Then you should also know just from that it's had more than 3 chapters/updates since release. Which is what you actually made a point of.

Reactions: hellomate1

chuck69

Apr 9, 2023
Remade from scratch and the old version had six chapters. The dev focus on Summer's Gone as the objectively more popular of the two games. There's even less attention to WiAB now due to the upcoming release of Summer's Gone on Steam. But WiAB is also heading to Steam after SG, so I think it will get more attention from the dev.
yossa, i see you being helpful in at least half the threads i visit. thank you for the insight, its very much appreciated!
cheers, buddy!

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
theres no dates attached to change logs. its hard to know if it was moving along at a good pace before. ive seen projects get put on hold for good, and bad reasons. which is why i asked for a little insight from the community. [...]
And a follow up of the previous post. Yeah, Ocean is not very accurate in his time estimates, so, while optimistic about the release of SG 5 Full in January (it will be released on Steam the day after tomorrow), he once again promised to never give any dates again. :KEK:

And iirc, he hasn’t published any progress indicators of WiAB for a long time. But still:
WiAB Ch3 Beta was released in the end of the December, 2023.

In the Jan 31 Dev Log he wrote:
The current amount of renders:

Chapter 3.5 = 860
Chapter 4 = 45
In the Apr 25 Dev Log:
The upcoming update is the biggest Update WiAB has had yet, I'd estimate around 2500-2800 renders. But we all know my render estimations are always lowballing it.
So as you can see he is working on the game and he made a lot of progress in January and his goal is a very big update (for something not as huge as BaD :KEK:) but issues with the SG release have slowed him down a bit his work on WiAB. Oh, and the cherry on top: Patreon recently deleted their WiAB page, just another one to add to the collection of issues with the game.

chuck69

Apr 9, 2023
And a follow up of the previous post. Yeah, Ocean is not very accurate in his time estimates, so, while optimistic about the release of SG 5 Full in January (it will be released on Steam the day after tomorrow), he once again promised to never give any dates again. :KEK:

And iirc, he hasn’t published any progress indicators of WiAB for a long time. But still:
WiAB Ch3 Beta was released in the end of the December, 2023.

In the Jan 31 Dev Log he wrote:

In the Apr 25 Dev Log:

So as you can see he is working on the game and he made a lot of progress in January and his goal is a very big update (for something not as huge as BaD :KEK:) but issues with the SG release have slowed him down a bit his work on WiAB. Oh, and the cherry on top: Patreon recently deleted their WiAB page, just another one to add to the collection of issues with the game.
wow.....thats a really mixed bag of good/bad news. no wonder the info on the op threw me off a little bit.

while i do prefer devs that communicate often, i cant blame the ones that refuse to set release dates. theres really no upside for them. theres no reward for meeting them, but a big headache if theyre off by even a day. it does suck to hear this game is another victim of the patrion crusade though.

anyways, thanks for bringing me up to speed, yossa.

ZillaStarKilla

Jan 7, 2021
Wanna make sure William bring Daphne Home....After you hit it. Don't leave baby girl alone.
View attachment 3616473
God how I wish she was in Miru's place instead. Daph, Zoey, Helen, and maybe Dana are the only girls I love. Rest of them range from whatever to complete cunts. With that said, even though I don't care for this game as much as SG, the Patreon thing is such bullshit. I will support Ocean as much as i can, he produces the best renders i've ever seen and keeps getting better. I just don't want him to get demotivated and give up, with that kind of gifted talent and passion it would be a huge loss. So I will be supporting him on Steam 100%.

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
Ill make it easier for you, in a very basic term since people want to argue instead of giving you a straight answer.

6 Year's of its existance, 3,5 years give or take of which was on the old iteration ( 6 chapters, had its own delays and problems ) and 3 current updates, roughly 2,5 years for the current chapters for the remaster.
Hope this answers your question ;)

Reactions: Big_Brave1

hellomate1

Jul 31, 2018
Uh oh. Oceanlab's Patreon's page appears to be the latest on the Purge list :HideThePain:
Over 500 patrons gone. Just like that

Good news is the SS page and Steam's still there so I think it's ok :unsure:
I hope the purge doesn't also hit Summer's Gone Patreon. I know the Steam release is real soon, but losing the Patreon would still suck - somewhat losing the last of the long journey bts that these games have gone through.

BobTheDuck

Dec 24, 2018
Uh oh. Oceanlab's Patreon's page appears to be the latest on the Purge list :HideThePain:
Over 500 patrons gone. Just like that

Good news is the SS page and Steam's still there so I think it's ok :unsure:
This was over a month ago, and it's lead Ocean to put WiaB up on steam as an early access game which will be released at it's next update. If you want to help, wishlist it even if you're going to pirate it. I'm not sure if he's already put the page up as adult though, if he has it'll be blocked in Germany.

Ocean's SG patreon is still up.

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
do we know when the next WIAB update is? :cry:hope he still works on WIAB I love SG but prefer WIAB way more

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
do we know when the next WIAB update is? :cry:hope he still works on WIAB I love SG but prefer WIAB way more
I'll refrain from my usual Spaceballs soon gif hehe as it should be coming soon. Work has continued albeit slowly due to the crap he was doing for the SG steam release. However that is done now, is released (yayy?) the next chapter of WIAB will also coincide with it's own Steam Early Access release.

Currently WIAB is making no money due to the Patreon fallout so I trust it won't be delayed any longer than is neccessary. I also agree, much prefer this over SG, always have and most likely...always will.

4.30 star(s) 184 Votes