What trope are you tired of seeing in adult games?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

cbsx

May 4, 2020
The use of Amature Voice Actors in low budget adult games. It's one thing in Japanese games when you can get known actors to do VO in a studio that knows what there doing. But I have never heard a good voice over in any English adult game. The voice does not fit the character and you don't have many to choose from. It's like a bad anime dub. Worse to me is a game that did not have voice acting at the beginning but then it's added in later. Let's be honest to do it right you would need to get a VO studio involved.
Voice acting for SFX can be ok... if the actor is believable... but even in Japanese games I end up cutting off the VA because I've already read the text and there's no action to follow while they are talking. Fully voiced VNs end up just being tedious regardless of language.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Just be careful not to try everything completely different than other developers as this will make the game extremely niche and likely difficult to create a compelling story for. Which may result in a lackluster game with a limited number of backers.

Tropes in a sense aren't necessarily bad, it's the world and story built around it that makes the game.

I prefer games that don't put out too quickly such as A Wife and Mother as it makes up for a believable story despite having a number of tropes. Sure people hate the lack of nudity in the game, but that's primarily because the game is unfinished and they have to wait for updates to see any of this happening. The pacing and story of this game are good and the finished product is likely to be great if the story remains of quality.

The majority of games I've played have sex scenes pop-up within minutes of starting the game, the lack of "foreplay" is boring and these tend to be forgettable games in the long run.

Don't fall for the "The game needs to have sex scenes every 2 minutes"-trap, the build-up and story are more important than putting out excessively. There's already enough games like that and the feeling of immersing yourself in the story and seeing it unfold feels more rewarding.

It's like a relationship in real life, the one's that stick to me the most are the one's that had a period of building-up:
- Getting to know each other
- Go out on (romantic) dates
- Fall in love
- The first kiss
- Playing around (hand/oral work)
- Foreplay that leads to inevitable intercourse at this stage

The relationships I've had that went from nothing to straight out sex in no-time are the one's that didn't last long as they became boring real quick. Sure the sex may have been good but the general value of these kinds of relationships are lower.

But this is just my personal opinion..

and... please for the love of God don't make a game with (visible) stats or sandbox in nature as these tend to be grindy/repetitive.
Sex is not some kind of prize in a normal relationship. Whether a relationship is realistic or not depends on the plot and characters involved. It isn't determined by how fast you have sex. Slow burn can be just as unrealistic as sex fest. Like if you meet a girl at a bar/club and bring her home, the expected and realistic situation is to bang.

Reactions: fitgirlbestgirl

Stretta

Nov 21, 2018
  • Harems. I hate em. It could be interesting if written in a realstic fashion, but it's always some generic charisma vacuum that somehow gets every female in the city chasing after his dick, and being perfectly okay with sharing it with every other discount whore he looks at. Of course they never mention it to one another. Like gimme a cult leader. There's plenty of examples of that kind of guy collecting and brainwashing huge swaths of women living together in a tiny house and letting him do whatever he wants.
  • "She actually wants it" and any other justification for rape. It's gross to the max. There is no justification.
  • Black guys having no character traits besides a donkey dick and being horny.
  • MC being a complete fucking creep and somehow not getting put on a sex offender list. No girl wants to be woken up by a dick in her mouth, least of all your goddamn sister.
  • Incest. Just in general. Sick of seeing interchangeable 5'6 skinny white boys with an undercut and giant dick knock up his entire family tree.
  • Guys with smoll pp need to be humiliated and emasculated. It's not funny. It was never funny. Stop it.
  • Blondes are bimbos. I like blondes. I like bimbos. Just because they go well together doesn't mean they absolutely have to.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
In a normal (healthy) relationship it's usually the thing that happens last after a period of getting to know each other, having dates, meeting the parents, sleeping over etc etc. So not sure where you got the idea of "prize" from as I was merely stating the way it regularly goes in a relationship. From meeting each other to having sex usually took anywhere between 2-4 weeks, in some of them it took a bit longer but never longer than 2 months. Unless of course you were (childhood) friends beforehand.

A usually non-healthy(trashy) relationship starts with you going out, taking the girl you met 1-3 hours ago home, bang her and getting your PRIZE as you stated and then never seeing each other again. I was never the type for one-night-stands, the entire idea was never appealing to me but I did try it once to see what the hype is about and even though the sex was not bad, I missed the personal attachment so it didn't feel that amazing to me. Often people simply meet, have a good time, exchange phone-numbers and meet-up again for regular dates and subsequently grow their relationship without having to go gung-ho the first night.

The lack of story, the inability to identify with MC or other characters and sex scenes being thrown at you like presents at Christmas is the most boring and lackluster experience you can have in a game. It's like playing an RPG-game that gives you max level, max talents and the best gear, minutes after starting the game. As a developer you might as well not work on dialogue, just give a small backstory to explain what these people are to each other and then play sex scenes.

Teasing and suspense that comes with getting to know each other, not knowing if that person likes you the same way do and slowly getting more touchy (exploring), is way hotter in my book than meeting some random slut at a bar that goes home with you the same night and opening her legs for you without any effort.

In some cases you get away with showing a sex scene early on and still make for an interesting storyline, more often than not these games tend to lack identity and the story to back-up these scenes. These games just throw random sex scenes at you which subsequently weakens the experience.

An interesting trope could be the first scene showing:
- Man and (wo)man having sex but their faces not shown
- Them getting caught by Somebody
-
Story going backwards in time
- Depending on the route you take, getting caught has a different outcome.

It could be a story about incest or other forms of immorality, getting caught could be getting a threesome/foursome or the family falling apart and perhaps somebody landing in jail. The girl/guy you're caught with also would depend on the route you take.

Let me reiterate: This is a personal opinion, which I base on personal experiences, personal preferences and personal understanding of relationships. I'm not claiming to be all-knowing about relationships as others value completely different things in relationships.
The point I'm making is that how fast you bang someone doesn't determine whether the relationship is meaningful or healthy. You can just as well bang someone right away and then get to know them later. If you find it dull, that is the problem with the writing and script and not some inherent problem with getting sex too early. I can list just as many slow burn romance that is as dull as it can get like anything from Mr Dots. If the writing is flat, no amount of teasing or build up will make things interesting.

Reactions: fitgirlbestgirl

Vhaerun

Writer/Developer
Game Developer
Jul 3, 2020
Let me reiterate: This is a personal opinion, which I base on personal experiences, personal preferences and personal understanding of relationships. I'm not claiming to be all-knowing about relationships as others value completely different things in relationships.
The point I'm making is that how fast you bang someone doesn't determine whether the relationship is meaningful or healthy. You can just as well bang someone right away and then get to know them later. If you find it dull, that is the problem with the writing and script and not some inherent problem with getting sex too early. I can list just as many slow burn romance that is as dull as it can get like anything from Mr Dots. If the writing is flat, no amount of teasing or build up will make things interesting.

Yeah, this thread isn't about what is "right" or "wrong" in an adult game. It is about personal feelings within genres, tropes, and topics inside adult games in general. What we like comes down to our previous experiences and idiosyncrasies.

Some things I didn't like in adult games but found out there's actually reasons for after working on a game make some sense now. For example, one reason why pretty much all male characters have big dicks is due to the fact smaller ones create collision (especially in Daz) and limit the visuals, especially for penetration renders and animation.

apifunctions934

Aug 18, 2020
RPGM need so much grinding. If you're going to want us to enjoy RPGM Games, then make sure the battles, grind are enjoyable enough and the rewards are worth the grind. 10 mins to 1 hour and and still no nudity. It gets boring real fast too. Also a lack of character customization is bad. Tired of having the mc and every other female character in the same clothes from the start to the end of the game. If you allow a lot of customization for female characters, people will praise you for having a wardrobe like Akabur games.

mgtoons

Jul 25, 2018
Futa seems to be a popular thing right now that I feel is way overblown. Maybe it's just me but I can't imagine the audience is that big. I'm also not a fan of mind control or supernatural means to explain getting in someone's pants.

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
The breakfast/dinner table where all the women of the house are staring at you... So many games use this silly trope screenshot0105.png .

Reactions: hatefuldisplay

Doorknob22

Super Moderator
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
In a normal (healthy) relationship it's usually the thing that happens last after a period of getting to know each other, having dates, meeting the parents, sleeping over etc etc.
For the record: my wife and I got into bed on our first date. Three decades, four kids and one mortgage later I'm still in love with her thicc ass (and her personality etc). But your point is generally accurate.

Last edited:

cbsx

May 4, 2020
For the record: my wife and I got into bed on our first date. Three decades, four kids and one mortgage later I'm still in love with her thicc ass (and her personality etc). But you point is generally accurate.
Well done.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
Isn't the general consensus that several decades ago, relationships were a lot more simple and people were also a lot more down to earth? Everything started going down the drain as soon as social media became a big thing. It is more likely to find people from 40's-90's that are still married after all this time than 90's - Now.
Well, yes and no. At no point have relationships ever been considered simple, that's just people my age fooling themselves with nostalgia. But yes, modern relationships are trickier with the advent of so many additional gotchas like social media and mobile technology. My wife and I use a life tracking app (location of kids and ourselves basically) and the availability of that kind of thing when I was dating in the 80s would have been unthinkable.

D

Deleted member 3145675

hi,

just a short note (considering we're off-topic)
simply try some low-tech stuff (or slow things)

wanna exchange with a friend? => write him/her an actual letter on paper and post it to his/her physical address

wanna learn something? go to an actual library or buy a book about it (and read it)

wanna be amazed about something? do it yourself - cook something new - sew something (or use a sledgehammer) (if you don't kill yourself in the process, be amazed)

stay off the grid for a day or two (don't go full unabomber ON tho)

when receiving an online sollicitation (whatever it is - zoom skype text message etc... - take some time before answering)

technology is NOT the problem (it's a tool) it's the people's use of that tool that creates problems.
i.e. in the early days of IRChat I just loved to spend hours Online with "online friends" in private chat rooms
BUT when the night came down upon us, we just all logged Off and went to bars together IRL (I know, it was only possible because we were all living in the same town)

and as a side note - reading the "power process 33"
goal
effort
attainment of goal
autonomy

i can think of nothing else than it's a total rip-off of the "Sith Code"

Peace is a lie. There is only Passion.
Through Passion I gain Strength.
Through Strength I gain Power.
Through Power I gain Victory.
Through Victory my chains are Broken.
The Force shall free me.

(starwars.fandom(dot)com/wiki/Code_of_the_Sith)

do you want to become a Sith Lord ? ;)

GL x_0_x_0_x

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
The thing i hate the most : good games which are ruined by loli/shota/underaged characters. That's really frustrating.
A lot of gamers don't want to see this so if these kinds of characters aren't the center of your game : just don't. Even if the game says that "all the characters are 18 or older" (they're not and everyone sees it).
A million times this! I hate seeing that with a passion. At the bare minimum there needs to be an option to toggle it off.

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
The thing i hate the most : good games which are ruined by loli/shota/underaged characters. That's really frustrating.
A lot of gamers don't want to see this so if these kinds of characters aren't the center of your game : just don't. Even if the game says that "all the characters are 18 or older" (they're not and everyone sees it).
A million times this! I hate seeing that with a passion. At the bare minimum there needs to be an option to toggle it off.
Or you could just avoid those games? I mean, it sounds like the easiest option...

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Or you could just avoid those games? I mean, it sounds like the easiest option...
"a lot of gamers dont want x" should be a dead giveaway of their angle being virtue signaling, besides it being some throwaway acc.
They prob cant even name the game they're supposedly frustrated with.

Reactions: cbsx and Cryswar

Bizef

Apr 1, 2020
"a lot of gamers dont want x" should be a dead giveaway of their angle being virtue signaling, besides it being some throwaway acc.
They prob cant even name the game they're supposedly frustrated with.
Virtue signaling in f95 ? Seriously ?
I'm just saying what i hate in these games. "Just don't play it" is not an argument. What if all the games you like here had scat, gore or whatever you find disguting ?

S3vatari0n

May 9, 2020
Virtue signaling in f95 ? Seriously ?
I'm just saying what i hate in these games. "Just don't play it" is not an argument. What if all the games you like here had scat, gore or whatever you find disguting ?
Sure, you hate that content, but "Just don't play it" is a valid argument when you are complaining about something that is literally (as in backed up by math and not hyperbole) no more than 6% of the games on this site. Games tagged loli/shota comprise no more than 6% of all active or completed games. When you factor in abandoned and on-hold games, that number drops to 5%.

Now if you're saying there's loli/shota games that are untagged, then that's a different problem and they needed to be reported for proper tagging.

Bizef

Apr 1, 2020
Now if you're saying there's loli/shota games that are untagged, then that's a different problem and they needed to be reported for proper tagging.
That's a problem actually. Too many games which should have these tag but have not. So, far more than 6%. Especially if the game is from Japan or Dlsite.

Reactions: ooeeoo

S3vatari0n

May 9, 2020
That's a problem actually. Too many games which should have these tag but have not. So, far more than 6%. Especially if the game is from Japan or Dlsite.
Sure, there's probably more but I will hazard a guess and say it's not "far more" maybe a couple more percentage points. Mind you, I don't consider high school characters to be in that category, so that is coloring my impression. I'm only considering characters whose bodies are designed to look pre-pubescent to fall into this loli/shota category.

Reactions: larry69 and Cryswar
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote