• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

What is your favorite anime and why?

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
Although it is a bit embarrassing to say, it has to be Angel Beats.

Fucking Christ this story. I've watched it twice. The first time solo as a depressed angsty teenager, the second time with a room full of grown ass people as a grown-ass man and I still end up crying like a bitch. For some reason, no other story has ever had the same effect on me. Rather that being western media, novels, games, anime, or comics (Including Japanese, Korean or Chinese variants of manga).

Also, I suppose Haikyuu is a solid second. followed by One Piece

Fliptoynk

Nov 9, 2018
capeta
slam dunk
my hero academia
rising of the shield hero
initial d
hajime no ippo
black clover
hikaru no go

they gave me shock and awe... they started zero but they gradually shock the pig headed ones. and they showcase mind-blowing-but-true strategies and scientific facts/theories to backup the shocking scenarios (except for the isekais and fictions hehe). take initial d for instance... the cocky guy in yellow racer dropped his jaw when the tofu soapbox did inertia drift

Asia Argento

The Golden Dragon Princess
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
My top 3 are as follows, one of which is obvious:
Highschool DxD. The straw that stirs the ecchi harem drink. Great story, great waifus... but omg I was disappointed in S4.

Marai Nikki/Future Diary: A psychological horror classic. Plus Yuno Gasai, one of anime’s best characters.

Sailor Moon: The first magical girl anime and also the best. It made me a lifelong weeb back on Sunday mornings in 4th grade. Usagi is also one of anime’s top 5 protagonists.

Evil Dr Porkchop

Brought to you by expensive technology
Donor
May 16, 2019
current list

Quintessential Quintuplets Season 2

Dr. Stone Season 2 Stone Wars

Joshikousei no Mudazukai Kimi to Boku no

Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen

Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle

At 53 Hollwood can smoke my balls excited for Slime

Evil Dr Porkchop

Brought to you by expensive technology
Donor
May 16, 2019
It'll always be Death Note. When other anime have Death Note vibes, I get hyped. I think it's plot summary alone can even get non-anime watchers interested in what happens as well.
I think Death Note is overrated,Don't get me wrong it's a solid series....However Tokyo Ghoul is better as is Attack on Titan

Umbra Nensei

May 12, 2021
Death Note and Attack on Titan. So pretty generic I guess. Though Claymore is my hidden gem, including the manga since anime has just one season. Then there's Ergo Proxy and Elfen Lied. I just can't get into an anime if it doesn't have a certain degree of maturity to it. I got too old for that shit. Naruto, Bleach, Tokyo Ghoul give me a headache. The only exception is Jojo. It's just so unapologetically ridiculous and over the top I love it.

GrandYonic

Oct 20, 2019
Death Note and Attack on Titan. So pretty generic I guess. Though Claymore is my hidden gem, including the manga since anime has just one season. Then there's Ergo Proxy and Elfen Lied. I just can't get into an anime if it doesn't have a certain degree of maturity to it. I got too old for that shit. Naruto, Bleach, Tokyo Ghoul give me a headache. The only exception is Jojo. It's just so unapologetically ridiculous and over the top I love it.
How can Death Note be generic when there's barely anything like it?

GrandYonic

Oct 20, 2019
I think Death Note is overrated,Don't get me wrong it's a solid series....However Tokyo Ghoul is better as is Attack on Titan
I only loved Tokyo Ghoul season 1, season 2 was a clusterfuck, if I dive into the series again itll be in manga form. I cant put it over Attack on Titan, the stakes are way higher and the first 5 episodes are better than Tokyo Ghoul S1

HentaiHerald

Jun 25, 2017
Code Geass, I absolutely love the story. I've watched it so many times.... I think I'm about to rewatch it..

Also Hunter x Hunter. I love how well it fills the world with wonder and adventure. ...Guess I'm about to watch A LOT of anime.

Also I really enjoyed Akame Ga kill, it was short but filled each episode with lots of emotion.

walgadon

Nov 5, 2017
I haven't watched much anime since 2013, so I can't talk much about those however from what I watched in the past I would say Serial Experiments Lain was the best.

The thing with anime to me is the unwarranted panty shots and such. Steins gate is basically what turned me away mostly.

That being said I did recently watch and enjoy both Dorohedoro and Onepunch man. So who knows.

Apr 18, 2021
Anything where the MC isn't a sniveling coward who gets nose bleeds when women look at him and if they flirt with him shakes crying "wha wha do I do?" ugh. Can't stand anime that falls prey to all those classic weeb tropes, where everyone wants to get it on but no one has the guts to make a move. Although Prison School was great in making fun of this whole scenario.

Best ones are no nonsense like Gantz, Berserk, Goblin Slayer, Battle Angel Alita, Ninja Scroll, Vampire Hunter D. One Punch Man was pretty fun as a spoof on typical anime/super hero themes.

Reactions: Evil Dr Porkchop
Mar 11, 2018
Regarding Overlord, Albedo best girl btw.

Going back to the topic, my fav top 3 animes are;
1) Gintama - mixture of everything, though the name meaning silver ball(s), the comedy here is gold.
2) Cowboy Bebop - my first anime, made me love space stuff anime, mushroom samba episode was special, space jazz.
3) Samurai Champloo - the first anime I have bought as a dvd box set, like the artstyle and I'm also fond of the soundtrack here.

I could write plenty about those, but I think it would be too much to write/read actually.
I mean it's not like I've seen only the tree anime above but that's what I thought about mentioning at the moment of writing a reply.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Asia Argento