• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

What is your favorite anime and why?

paust.alex

Apr 15, 2018
Overlord. At first, I was sceptical about this series and didn't pay any attention to it, because MC is a skeleton, however, then I decided to watch it. What a good thing I ignored it for so long, because I was able to watch 3 seasons at once and read 12 volumes of the ranobe. I love the soundtrack and the excellent localisation in my language and I can watch it again at any time.

Darker than Black. Excellent, intriguing story, superb soundtrack. Still waiting for season 3. Re-watched it several times.

Onepunch man. I hate 'typical' anime with the constant overcoming challenges. It was like a breath of fresh air.

Detroit Metal City. I like metal. The story is quite funny and entertaining. Read the manga, wish they'd made an anime based on all the chapters. I rewatch it occasionally.

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. Discovered this gem not too long ago. It's a shame that there are only 2 seasons and a few OVAs. There are two full seasons on YouTube, I like that I can open any of them at any time, click and start to have fun no matter the time and episode.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. There's incest in there. Seriously, literally, brother and sister getting married. I think that's all there is to know about this anime.

Evil Dr Porkchop

Brought to you by expensive technology
Donor
May 16, 2019
Anime rules end of story,I'm 53 all this Netflix shit makes me want to slash my wrist's,Reality show's are for brain dead mutherfuker's

UzaMaid
Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou

Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari

NatieFabrello

Nov 13, 2020
Ghost in the shell (The first movie) : very unique ambiance, the MC personality.

Death Note : the quality of the story, attention to the details.

Great teacher Onizuka : funny anime, the MC personality.

Nana : the romance.

Guineafowl

Jun 17, 2019
I watch way too much anime so the list could go on for all eternity, but if I had to objectively pick a favourite show I'd probably have to say Planetarian. Technically it's a VN adaptation so it's sort of cheating, but it's the epitome of a simple premise done well where absolutely every scene has value, zero filler, and characters behave realistically. Also it chokes me up every god damn time.

The thing is, these days I get a lot more enjoyment out of generic unpopular seasonal type shows that objectively speaking are mediocre. I guess I've watched so many "good" shows in the past with deep and meaningful stories that meaningless banter is a lot more appealing to me now. Bonus points if it's a dub, I've watched so much stuff subbed at this point that I've realised the whole sub/dub debate is a load of nonsense.

bethrezen0

Jan 27, 2022
Watamote, it is both funny and really speaks to me, i don't care about manga and shitty OVA, the first and only season is both a comedy and a cautionary tale, and that's why its really good on it's own and don't need a continuaton. Also Tomoko is waifu for laifu.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Asia Argento