• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

What are you thinking about stylized 3D instead of Realism?

Geralt_R

Jun 4, 2022
I usually prefer a more realistic style, so DAZ3D, that being said I also like the HS aesthetic, but it shouldn't be too cartoony (concerning body proportions and breast size). I ausually don't like anime style in VNs. Your usual Daz models can look pretty great if someone doesnt't go overboard with the sliders and knows a thing or two about posing and facial expressions.
The stylized models shown in a previous post do little for me, HOWEVER, if the game is great and well written I can accept stylized characters looking like that, as long as their body proportions are still more or less "normal". So no to the RE Village character, yes to the other two, if the writing is top notch.
If you don't know anything really about posing or facial expressions it's probably best to use something like HS or any other more unique stylized approach.

anibnibs

Feb 4, 2022
Hundred percent, stylized. I mean, cell shade or something. Hollywood is just _barely_ getting to the place where they can make believable short clips of realistic humans, with millions of R&D. Your renders look bad. Stop.

• Haha
Reactions: blaqhentai

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Noone in their right mind would claim "I prefer when devs use the generic model with default settings that everyone else is using in their games".

Of course everyone would rather each game to be stylized and to have unique characters, but unfortunetely most devs have no skill in this area and end up completely overlooking this initial step.

So if you can create stylized content that matches your game idea do everyone a favor and stylize them.