harem.king

Aug 16, 2023
stop adding new mini-games, no battle fuck stuff pleasee
I have never ever seen an enjoyable battle fuck system.
it always without exception sucks. It ruins sex completely.
It makes it tedious, boring, repetitive, and also forces you to do things based on their combat usefulness rather than your fetishes

Reactions: Rimuru.Tempest

Black Arts Theatre

French developer
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
stop adding new mini-games, no battle fuck stuff pleasee
I only put the battlefuck system in 1 event, it is not present in the rest of the game, and in addition it is skippable, so, in its conditions, it isn't that horrible if you don't like it. Otherwise, I put some mini-games at the beginning, but now, for versions 0.2, I plan to focus on other aspects.

Last edited:
Reactions: No name :) and onic

illogicallity

Jun 22, 2023
Well, Rhode Island... yes. In NJ it's a 2nd degree sexual assault. 15 years in prison with no parole possibility.
? Incest between adults is legal in NJ as long as it's between adults and they don't plan on marrying, what are you talking about?

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
Black Arts Theatre I think an option that you've overlooked to make your fear of making saves incompatible virtually disappear is to add an option to skip to the latest chapter/version at the beginning of the game. From a workflow perspective, it seems like you have a lot of sunk cost fallacy holding you back. The game is in development, and for games in development it will sometimes be necessary to break saves in order to improve the game. Imo, the simplest way forward would be to stick to one save system and add the option to skip to the newest chapter/version when starting a new game because you're probably going to break saves at some point no matter which system you use, and being so afraid of doing it is going to keep you from making your game better at some (or maybe many) point in the future when it forces you to stick to a previous bad decision in order to keep past saves compatible.

The sunk cost fallacy applies to a lot of other things you've talked about too. You probably shouldn't shoehorn stuff into your game when it doesn't fit, just because you've spent the time making it. You shouldn't be trying to find uses for assets you've created. You should be creating assets for needs you have, and be okay with them maybe only being used once, or even not working at all. I'm not saying reusing assets, in and of itself, is a bad thing, but that should always be a case of "I have a need and this thing I've made already fills it" rather than "I made this thing where can I put it?" If you keep looking at what you've already done and let those decisions dictate the decisions that are making now and will have to make for the rest of the project, the crunch that you feel now will continue to grow over the course of development and will eventually crush you and your project. This is just some friendly advice I'm giving as someone who's had to do some project and schedule management from time to time because it sounds a bit like you're starting to feel beholden to the decisions you've made and overwhelmed by the prospect of maybe needing to change direction at anytime. This subservience to prior decisions will only hold you back. Progress requires adaptability and course correction. The saying "you've got to break eggs to make an omelette" is very apt here. Don't be afraid to break things sometime if you think it'll make your game better. And if the schedule you've set for yourself is too stressful, relax it some. You need and deserve proper rest and relaxation.

Lastly, for your consideration, it's really hard to masturbate while playing a minigame. Not impossible, but difficult enough to be unpleasant. So if you're wanting a sexy time to lead to a sexy time for the player, making it a minigame will hinder that inclination

Reactions: Fatboi111

Black Arts Theatre

French developer
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
Black Arts Theatre I think an option that you've overlooked to make your fear of making saves incompatible virtually disappear is to add an option to skip to the latest chapter/version at the beginning of the game. From a workflow perspective, it seems like you have a lot of sunk cost fallacy holding you back. The game is in development, and for games in development it will sometimes be necessary to break saves in order to improve the game. Imo, the simplest way forward would be to stick to one save system and add the option to skip to the newest chapter/version when starting a new game because you're probably going to break saves at some point no matter which system you use, and being so afraid of doing it is going to keep you from making your game better at some (or maybe many) point in the future when it forces you to stick to a previous bad decision in order to keep past saves compatible.

The sunk cost fallacy applies to a lot of other things you've talked about too. You probably shouldn't shoehorn stuff into your game when it doesn't fit, just because you've spent the time making it. You shouldn't be trying to find uses for assets you've created. You should be creating assets for needs you have, and be okay with them maybe only being used once, or even not working at all. I'm not saying reusing assets, in and of itself, is a bad thing, but that should always be a case of "I have a need and this thing I've made already fills it" rather than "I made this thing where can I put it?" If you keep looking at what you've already done and let those decisions dictate the decisions that are making now and will have to make for the rest of the project, the crunch that you feel now will continue to grow over the course of development and will eventually crush you and your project. This is just some friendly advice I'm giving as someone who's had to do some project and schedule management from time to time because it sounds a bit like you're starting to feel beholden to the decisions you've made and overwhelmed by the prospect of maybe needing to change direction at anytime. This subservience to prior decisions will only hold you back. Progress requires adaptability and course correction. The saying "you've got to break eggs to make an omelette" is very apt here. Don't be afraid to break things sometime if you think it'll make your game better. And if the schedule you've set for yourself is too stressful, relax it some. You need and deserve proper rest and relaxation.

Lastly, for your consideration, it's really hard to masturbate while playing a minigame. Not impossible, but difficult enough to be unpleasant. So if you're wanting a sexy time to lead to a sexy time for the player, making it a minigame will hinder that inclination
I don't think that the 1st system's backups will be incompatible with future versions. I created this system precisely so that I could add/delete/modify whatever I wanted. Otherwise, I'm not that stressed, I don't work day and night on my project either, I have a life and allow myself time to rest. It's mostly things like Itch io de-indexing, unresponsive support, potential criticism... that can be a bit mentally burdensome, regardless of whether I'm working hard on my project or not (And I know it's not worth the headache, given that for now it's just a sort of hobby to supplement my income).

Reactions: someyoungguy

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
I don't think that the 1st system's backups will be incompatible with future versions. I created this system precisely so that I could add/delete/modify whatever I wanted. Otherwise, I'm not that stressed, I don't work day and night on my project either, I have a life and allow myself time to rest. It's mostly things like Itch io de-indexing, unresponsive support, potential criticism... that can be a bit mentally burdensome, regardless of whether I'm working hard on my project or not (And I know it's not worth the headache, given that for now it's just a sort of hobby to supplement my income).
It's good to hear you're not stressing too much. I don't think it's a good idea to take save compatibility for granted, because saves getting broken has happened on the vast majority of games at some point during development, no matter what saving system is used. It could be that you've come up with a completely novel system impervious to corruption as a new dev without coding knowledge, but it seems like it would be better to be prepared for the possibility

Reactions: Black Arts Theatre

Black Arts Theatre

French developer
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
It's good to hear you're not stressing too much. I don't think it's a good idea to take save compatibility for granted, because saves getting broken has happened on the vast majority of games at some point during development, no matter what saving system is used. It could be that you've come up with a completely novel system impervious to corruption as a new dev without coding knowledge, but it seems like it would be better to be prepared for the possibility
I'm not sure that's what you mean (I'm not a native English speaker), but if I end up completely changing my gameplay, it's not necessarily a bad thing that the saves become incompatible, because if the game changes completely (whether in terms of gameplay or dialogue), it might be interesting to do it again from the beginning to see what has changed and benefit from a new experience. But I don't think I'll go that far, I'm mainly thinking of making some additions and adjustments, using the Renpy language more than Python code, and given that I don't think I'll develop this game for years (like the Pink Tea games , this game will only have a few events, but each of them will allow you to make a choice, these will define the ending you will have) I don't think I would be faced with this kind of problem (I don't don't say it's impossible either)

Axxis

Apr 11, 2022
People like to pretend they are just teasing when they say it, but people actually do think that's what happens in the South, despite it being just as taboo as anywhere else.
If it's a running joke everywhere then changing this title, so it doesn't offend a couple people, is not going to change what people think.

Reactions: Black Arts Theatre

Kool68iou1

Feb 18, 2019
He man this seems like its going to be a great game great work! Do you think you could have Gwendolyn be more detailed with her dirty talk? Like have you played Melatonin Magiks? It has probably the best incest dirty talk, having Gwendolyns dirty talk become more detailed and perverted the more corrupted she becomes would be hot. But all in all great work man.

Black Arts Theatre

French developer
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
NEW RELEASE [PATREON] ver. 0.2.2.0

Hi! I just updated my game, the main new features are:

• I've added an easy mode to the "flappy bot" mini-game, so that those who have difficulty with "evil squares" can have an alternative until I add new mini-games (this won't be for a while, as I'm focusing on other aspects of the game at the moment).

• In the experimental content, I've also added an option to disable backup incompatibility between versions. As I said before, this increases the risk of "an exception has occurred" (it's not a serious bug, it just forces you to quit the game, it can happen when a variable is missing for example), the risk should be quite low, but it's not zero. Therefore, if you really want to load one of your incompatible saves, load a compatible save, deactivate the incompatibility (it's towards the ruins), then load your save which has now become compatible.

• I've added the beer, which replaces the lockpick when you turn over the cards to get a bonus at the start of the game. It's a present you can (try to) give to Gwendolyn. If she drinks it, she'll be drunk, which means her manner of speaking will change a little, she'll be aroused, she'll forget to lock the doors, and she'll faint after a while.

• I also fixed some design issues: I made sure that the “cum” gauge resets when you talk to Gwendolyn to ask her for another favor, I made sure that the cost of the items you want to buy is a whole number and no longer has decimals, and I made sure that the breathing effect of the room repainting menu is disabled when you activate the option to disable the ripple effect.

Reactions: Neomycin

Black Arts Theatre

French developer
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
NEW RELEASE [PATREON] ver. 0.2.3.0

Hi! I updated my game, the main new features are:

• I added a replay mode, it only broadcasts the main events, but it also allows you to see what choices you made.

• I also added trophies, unlocking them earns skill points, which makes it easier to get them (some people thought it was a bit long to get skill points, so it might be useful). There are currently only 4 trophies to unlock, I plan to gradually add more.

• I added the possibility to unlock the Battle Fuck skill, it can be unlocked after finishing the first event. Once you have this skill, you can fight against Gwendolyn: if you win, you get 100 exp points, if you lose, you only get 10 exp points. This content is entirely optional.

• I also fixed some bugs.

Feel free to support me on or join my

Black Arts Theatre

French developer
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2022
Summary of changelogs

Changelogs:

Version 0.2.1:

• I made sure that there are 2 save systems: the first save system was the default save system of the previous versions, you can only save in your room and during important choices. The new save system allows you to save (and load) almost anywhere, but, in order to avoid the “An exception has occured” when changing versions (because I tend to add or modify variables and conditions), the saves of the 2nd system will automatically be incompatible with the new versions (like the game School Of Love: Clubs! by NijuKozo). However, there will be no compatibility issue with the saves of the 1st save system. You will therefore be able to, before installing a new version, load the saves that you have recorded with the 2nd system, go to the protagonist’s room, and save after switching back to the 1st save system. You can switch from one system to another from the protagonist’s laptop. I created this system in order to make a compromise between those who want to be able to save more freely, and me, who does not want to increase the risk of having “An exception has occured”.

• It is only a detail, but I also changed the sky a bit, before, it had a rather flat aspect because it was just an image that scrolled from left to right, now, the clouds above go faster than those below, which creates a little more perspective.

• I also fixed some bugs.

Version 0.2.2:

• I've added an easy mode to the "flappy bot" mini-game (in experimental content) , so that those who have difficulty with "evil squares" can have an alternative until I add new mini-games (this won't be for a while, as I'm focusing on other aspects of the game at the moment).

• In the experimental content, I've also added an option to disable backup incompatibility between versions. As I said before, this increases the risk of "an exception has occurred" (it's not a serious bug, it just forces you to quit the game, it can happen when a variable is missing for example), the risk should be quite low, but it's not zero. Therefore, if you really want to load one of your incompatible saves, load a compatible save, deactivate the incompatibility (it's towards the ruins), then load your save which has now become compatible.

• I've added the beer, which replaces the lockpick when you turn over the cards to get a bonus at the start of the game. It's a present you can (try to) give to Gwendolyn. If she drinks it, she'll be drunk, which means her manner of speaking will change a little, she'll be aroused, she'll forget to lock the doors, and she'll faint after a while.

• I also fixed some design issues: I made sure that the “cum” gauge resets when you talk to Gwendolyn to ask her for another favor, I made sure that the cost of the items you want to buy is a whole number and no longer has decimals, and I made sure that the breathing effect of the room repainting menu is disabled when you activate the option to disable the ripple effect.

Feel free to support me on or join my

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 12 Votes