• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
Creative Vision.

You have worked so hard to make something come to fruition. Upon release, it gets some legitimate critiques that are worth applying to the game. Rinse and repeat because these are the times to make these changes, during development. But you get caught up in trying to make the "right" product. Trying to release the game you see in your mind.

With all the aspects a single developer has to learn and master to release the game they envisioned in their mind, it's a miracle anything gets released. As for this game, I really enjoyed the story. I have enjoyed seeing how MissFortune has grown as a storyteller. How he has been able to take suggestions and make them work so well in the release. My only advice, if I could be afforded and arrogant enough to give to someone when I do not know what they face in life, would be to stop worrying about the creative vision. Release the story. Fix it in post! ;)

I hope that this receives a release in the future and that the story MissFortune wants to tell gets told.

Last edited:
Reactions: morphiospain

tannerjd2007

Sep 9, 2017
So their last game was put on hold for another game. Then that game was abandoned. Now this game is now put on hold for another game yet again. I was really enjoying this one. Not looking good for it's future though.
The dev wants money... not necessarily to develop a so called "passion project". It's becomes pretty obvious when the so called "passion" is gone and the project is dead
within 3 updates if people don't just instantly throw money at it from the beginning... and for someone like me who had been a supporter of this game from basically first release... the way he went about just turned me off so bad, even if he was to come back to this one, which I highly doubt, I still probably wouldn't come back to support this one anyway. Shortly after the first release of .3, he tells us he wants to rework episode 1 and acts like it's not going to be to big of deal to do... so we all say ok... but then the so called "rework" drags on and on for something like 6 months... all along the way he's releasing little snippets of things he's working on, a lot of us thinking this is going into this game... finally the full "rework" if you wanna call it that, comes out, and you realize he's only added a few things and just some of it has changed... and right at the same time he announced his new project.. and then you really realized a lot of the things he was working on were actually going into the new game the whole time, and he was basically just sitting on us... the people who were supporting this game... and just the little money he was getting from us to buy assets for his new one. It was like he basically just jabbed us in the eye and ran off laughing flipping us the burd as he ran... only thing I can think of as to why he waited so long to announce this one was dead was because he was waiting to see what kind of reaction his new project would get... when it got better.. he just came out and said it, this one's dead... but for some like me it was painfully obvious it's been dead pretty much since the first release of .3

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021
I tend to not be one of "the sky is falling" types of people. There are so many reasons a project gets delayed or canceled it is most likely not related to greed. I have never got that feeling from MissFortune. This is the internet and wild and crazy is the norm, so who knows? I just do not get the fascination with reveling in failure or the negative. Shitting on other people's... well, there has to be another word... hardship. Give people the benefit of the doubt. What does it hurt?

Reactions: jerry57

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I tend to not be one of "the sky is falling" types of people. There are so many reasons a project gets delayed or canceled it is most likely not related to greed. I have never got that feeling from MissFortune. This is the internet and wild and crazy is the norm, so who knows? I just do not get the fascination with reveling in failure or the negative. Shitting on other people's... well, there has to be another word... hardship. Give people the benefit of the doubt. What does it hurt?
It's more frustration than anything.

There are many games with lesbian scenes but very few really good games with lesbian routes. This was shaping up to be a game I was really enjoying.

Now this has been shot down and work has been started on one I have zero interest in.

Frustration.

Nurikabe

Feb 10, 2021

There are many games with lesbian scenes but very few really good games with lesbian routes. This was shaping up to be a game I was really enjoying.

Now this has been shot down and work has been started on one I have zero interest in.

Frustration.
I feel the same way about the other game. Sports... I just don't care.
This story, I really want to hear. I hope he will continue to tell it!

tannerjd2007

Sep 9, 2017

Frustration.
https://f95zone.to/threads/black-diamond-v0-6f-deus-actum.117936/

This one's pretty good and the dev seems way more committed to his project the MF ever was. Although you say you like the les path.. a lot of that is in 7 witch hasn't been made public yet... but it definitely has it.

Reactions: GokutheG

Calz

Mar 12, 2022
Do you have to play both protagonists? I always wanted to give this one a try but was turned off of the fact that you have to play a guy and a girl.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
You start it off as the girl who moves into a horrid motel with mom.
you have to play a guy and a girl
you have to play both protagonists
Then you slip into the mind of a guy all panties drop for.
She is a run down down on her luck girl NPCs abuse.
He is a rock star who gets a huge condo and abusive father in toe.

Deleted member 3727657

May 22, 2021
Hello guys, which option is correct about the girls/milfs in this game?

Very slow burn (very high resistance)
Slow burn (high resistance)
Average
fast burn (low resistance)
very fast born (very low resistance)

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
That is the name of a rock band of punk rock young gals and guys punked by life.
which option is correct
fast burn
Dialogues are jarring - are metal heads this dense?

”Come with me” - Fem MC goes and gets banged.
”Lets inspect the showers” - Fem MC goes and tongue fucks some stranger.

This is evanescence if the girl and the dudes were all sex addicts
and needed no drug concoctions to pump their libido into overdrive.

Last edited:

camube

Jun 4, 2022
has anyone played both WWJK and Move the Chains? which one is better in your opinion?

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
has anyone played both WWJK and Move the Chains? which one is better in your opinion?
Both are very different stories in the way they're told, their mood, and the perspective from which they're written in. Which makes them hard to compare. Especially when taste plays such a variable role in both.

WWJK is dark, moody, and nihilistic. It plays with a lot of psychological elements and toys with themes of justice vs evil and who has the right to play the jury, predeterminism, etc. It's a chaotic story told from two perspectives that requires paying attention as clues are often subtle without a lot of handholding.

Move The Chains is a lot more straightforward. Talented athlete being given a second chance to paint a picture of himself. Basically about redemption and giving everyone a second chance. There's a lot more to it than that, of course, but it's done in a way that's a lot more accessible. That being said, if you haven't played yet, I'd wait for Episode 2. Some fairly significant changes happening that'll require a restart (Adjusting the UI, pacing fixes, text/scene writing adjustments, transitions from one scene to another, gallery, etc.).

Being objective as possible (as much as being the dev for both allows me to be, Move The Chains is better. All of the renders are base 4K vs WWJK's 2k, better music selection and application, better UI, clearer paths, etc. That isn't to say WWJK is bad, but that Move The Chains saw a significant leap in quality.

PeopleCallMeSmile

Jan 5, 2020
It depends in what you're looking for since both are pretty different; check, in this one you can see some dark theme in the background, as if you know that MC's aren't walking a in a good path; and in MTCh you can see some light at the end of the way, like there's hope to the MC.

Personally I preffer this one because of the female protagonist and lesbian content, the artistic theme and some of the side characters are kinda more interesting to me. Plus, it's too early but I think MTCh is a harem-driven AVN and that's a big NOPE to me so :(

Reactions: GokutheG
Jun 1, 2022
After playing Move the Chains I wanted to see what else MissFortune had created so I decided to check this one out and its very very different my thoughts are while I dint dislike it it also dint grab me as much as MTC I can see why the dev decided to focus on MTC just from visuals and writing alone I can tell how much better the dev has improved when playing MTC, it also helps that it has a much simpler straightforward plot to follow hence why I think it makes it more popular also male only protagonist games overall tend to be more popular all around, We Were Just Kids is still worth playing in my opinion it has some interesting ideas and its by no means bad its actually very interesting melancholic just a bit more niche in my opinion but still very much worth the time investment in playing.

4.20 star(s) 20 Votes