VN WE ARE LAUNCHING A KICKSTARTER! [Lust Elite]

Lost Elite VN

Game Developer
May 1, 2022
WE ARE LAUNCHING A KICKSTARTER!

Hey there! Since we are getting some GOOD feedback with the Lust Elite Visual Novel we decided to start a Kickstarter campaign and get some investment for the development of the game. We are a very young team and prioritizing the game over our current jobs it's getting harder SO... We decided to create that Kickstarter to let people that are into the game get in touch with us, help us with the development, get some rewards and be an IMPORTANT part of the development itself.

¿WHAT I GET IF I'M PART OF THE KICKSTARTER?

You will have different TIERS so EVERYONE can help in his own way. The higher tier the better rewards. SIMPLE RIGHT?

This are some of the rewards you can get:
-Daily rewards that will be unlocked every 3 days
-Access to our PREMIUM Discord
-Digital Artbook
-Your name in the credits
-Digital BSO (If we reach the milestone)

AND MORE!

¿DO YOU HAVE ANY COMMUNITY DISCORD?

Yes! Last week we ANNOUNCED our Community Discord where everyone can enter, chat and get in touch with the team. Also every PREMIUM can participate in the VN development and see some spoiler content!

ALL THE IMPORTANT LINKS ARE HERE:
| |
| |

LUST-ELITE-DECK-2-CAT_Pagina_14.jpeg WhatsApp-Image-2022-08-17-at-12.51.38-PM.jpeg LUST-ELITE-DECK-2-CAT_Pagina_13-scaled.jpeg Habitación_Día_Mary.jpeg

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Does the artist have a fetish for small black moles? I think they stand out too much, too sharp black, at least on that girl with a purple sweater, and the other girl at the very end of the trailer. Like someone splattered black paint on them. Even the purple sweater has small black spots.

Reactions: Jaike

Lost Elite VN

Game Developer
May 1, 2022
Does the artist have a fetish for small black moles? I think they stand out too much, too sharp black, at least on that girl with a purple sweater, and the other girl at the very end of the trailer. Like someone splattered black paint on them. Even the purple sweater has small black spots.
Maybe? I should ask her! Anyway leaving black moles behind do you like the artwork in general? Are you interested in the VN?

FleshSac

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
Not trying to be a dick here, but I just checked out your kickstarter and I can't seem to find a reason why I'd fund it.

Art is nice, but there's nothing else really new that stands out. It looks like you'll easily be able to fund, so congrats, but that brings me to my next point:

Your goal is $504? Where did you pull that number from and what does that even cover? Obviously you're hoping to overfund, and it looks like you will (possibly by quite a bit), but it's such an odd number for game development.

Also, under game features you mention that when it is finished it will be free, but (and this is the thing that completely turned me off) if I wanted the most recent version of the game while it was in production, I'd need to subscribe to your Patreon. What?
Why the hell would I fund the kickstarter if I needed to go somewhere else and give you more money to play the game while it's in development? Especially when the game is going to be free at the end of the day.

Again, I'm really not trying to be a dick, but the whole kickstarter just seems so weird to me. But what do I know? I'm just a jerkoff on an adult games pirate site. You know... like everyone else you're advertising to on this site.

All that said and done, I do wish you the best of luck. It's 5 in the morning, I'm tired... ignore me.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Why the hell would I fund the kickstarter if I needed to go somewhere else and give you more money to play the game while it's in development? Especially when the game is going to be free at the end of the day.
Personally it's this point that make me run away from the game. It really make it looks like they are more interested by the money than by making the game. And this is never a good sign regarding the future of a game.

Reactions: FleshSac

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Maybe? I should ask her! Anyway leaving black moles behind do you like the artwork in general? Are you interested in the VN?
Sometimes the art looks better in the game compared to looking at screenshots, but based the screenshots: Not really my type of art. But good luck with the game.

Lost Elite VN

Game Developer
May 1, 2022
Not trying to be a dick here, but I just checked out your kickstarter and I can't seem to find a reason why I'd fund it.

Art is nice, but there's nothing else really new that stands out. It looks like you'll easily be able to fund, so congrats, but that brings me to my next point:

Your goal is $504. Where did you pull that number from and what does that even cover? Obviously, you're hoping to overfund, and it looks like you will (possibly by quite a bit), but it's such an odd number for game development.

Also, under game features, you mention that when it is finished it will be free, but (and this is the thing that completely turned me off) if I wanted the most recent version of the game while it was in production, I'd need to subscribe to your Patreon. What?
Why the hell would I fund the Kickstarter if I needed to go somewhere else and give you more money to play the game while it's in development? Especially when the game is going to be free at the end of the day.

Again, I'm really not trying to be a dick, but the whole Kickstarter just seems so weird to me. But what do I know? I'm just a jerkoff on an adult games pirate site. You know... like everyone else you're advertising to on this site.

All that said and done, I do wish you the best of luck. It's 5 in the morning, I'm tired... ignore me.
First of all thanks for leaving your comment and we appreciate it because we see there are a lot of questions to be solved!

We are not really looking to get financing, the game will be produced anyway. The team invested money in it and will be able to play for everyone! The 500€ (we don't know why in 504$) is a symbolic quantity that we used to see if the community has an interest in it!

As you can see on Kickstarter all the financing we are looking for is to get better quality aspects for the official launch day, things like getting a BSO, Dub the game in different languages, shortening production times, etc. But is not necessary to publish the game!

For the Patreon stuff, the Patreon will be created after the Kickstarter to get support for future updates and new content, we want this game to be bigger than just a game and we want to create a whole universe! That means DLCs, skins, new chapters, and more games ofc!

Relating to that we have that the game will be FREE, we will launch 2 versions of the game 1 for our Patreon and the other for free. The difference between them is simple. Patreon version is made in Unity where you will have some settings, the opportunity to add skins, and more stuff that I can not mention yet! The free version will be created on Ren'Py, for everyone that wants to play the main story of the game but we have to give the Patreon members an added value ;)

Now talking as the CM, I don't think you are a dick or a jerkoff I really thank you that you took your time to read us and ask all the questions u got and now we know that there are a lot of more questions created at the community! So thank for your time!:giggle:

Last edited:

Lost Elite VN

Game Developer
May 1, 2022
Personally it's this point that make me run away from the game. It really make it looks like they are more interested by the money than by making the game. And this is never a good sign regarding the future of a game.
Hey! Not really! I answered all the FleshSac questions in a comment I hope you can read it as well! :giggle:

Lost Elite VN

Game Developer
May 1, 2022
Sometimes the art looks better in the game compared to looking at screenshots, but based the screenshots: Not really my type of art. But good luck with the game.
Which type of art do you like? :unsure: Maybe I can talk with the team for future games!

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Which type of art do you like? :unsure: Maybe I can talk with the team for future games!
Well, I prefer the real deal ;) But I appreciate your offer to make a game just for me :D

Relating to that we have that the game will be FREE, we will launch 2 versions of the game 1 for our Patreon and the other for free. The difference between them is simple. Patreon version is made in Unity where you will have some settings, the opportunity to add skins, and more stuff that I can not mention yet! The free version will be created on Ren'Py, for everyone that wants to play the main story of the game but we have to give the Patreon members an added value ;)
Why make the game in two different engines like that? That's gonna add a lot of needless extra work. It sounds crazy, to be honest. You will basically have to make and manage two games. Why not just make it in unity and then remove the settings and stuff in the public version?

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Ok, I'll be "this guy". After all, it will surprise no one.

We are not really looking to get financing, the game will be produced anyway. The team invested money in it and will be able to play for everyone! The 500€ (we don't know why in 504$) is a symbolic quantity that we used to see if the community has an interest in it!
It's your forth thread regarding your game, just for this forum and in less than one month. You already have some idea regarding this. Of course, Kickstarter cover another part of the community, but seen where they put their money, it will not be more accurate.
As for the US$ 504, well, it's what 500€ worth ; at least it was last time Kickstarter looked at the change rate.

As you can see on Kickstarter all the financing we are looking for is to get better quality aspects for the official launch day, things like getting a BSO, Dub the game in different languages, shortening production times, etc. But is not necessary to publish the game!
Hmm, you need the kickstarter to have a Basic Security Option ? Hmm, no, it's probably not that. A Baggage Service Office ? Nah. Bicycle Shaped Object ? Perhaps is it a kink somewhere, but I doubt. Business Service Option ? I hope not. What the fuck BSO means, it's clearly not one of . Well, unless you expect the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra to register the sound track...
Oh ! You mean Original Sound Track ? Yeah, in French it fit, so it's probably this. I hope you'll be more careful when writing your game and will take care to also translates the acronyms.

This said, with 500€ you can at most have one original sound. It also don't even cover the cost for a full translation in another language ; therefore even less the cost for this translation to be dubbed by someone serious enough. What mean that you put the bar really low.
I also fail to see how money can shorten the production time. You can't really outsource the art or the writing, and the coding don't need this much works once you've designed the core. But well, if you expect the Patreon account to pay for the expenses, then yes it can make sense ; the money earned with the kickstarter will permit to pay the bills.

For the Patreon stuff, the Patreon will be created after the Kickstarter to get support for future updates and new content, we want this game to be bigger than just a game and we want to create a whole universe! That means DLCs, skins, new chapters, and more games ofc!
Typically the speech expected from a Kickstarter project...
What is less frequent is your "we want to put so much more in our game that will be produced anyway". And honestly it don't feel better than the Kickstarter + Patreon combination. Especially when it's said by a newcomer. It remind me all those wanabe authors who promised us the game that will revolution the scene, then disappeared. Except that this time we will at least have a cheap version of the game.
Not that I don't believe you, or that you can't do it. It's just that you would be the first one to effectively achieve to do it.

The difference between them is simple. Patreon version is made in Unity where you will have some settings, the opportunity to add skins, and more stuff that I can not mention yet! The free version will be created on Ren'Py, for everyone that wants to play the main story of the game but we have to give the Patreon members an added value ;)
Oh, so there will be two coders... There will be two coders, right ?
C## and Python+Ren'Py languages are so different, while the engines themselves follow a so radically different logic, that one guy can't seriously believe that he can maintain the two simultaneously.
This said, since there's no realtime 3D and the visual let expect a sprite based game, I fear that there will be only one coder, who know near to nothing regarding Ren'Py. (don't tell me that you, reader, haven't seen this line come from far away).

I don't want to discourage you, especially if I'm right regarding the meaning of "BSO", but the more you talk about it, the more it look 100% amateurish and therefore the less I want to participate.
But well, I'm just an old grumpy guy, so don't bother too much with what I say.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
Ok, I'll be "this guy". After all, it will surprise no one.

It's your forth thread regarding your game, just for this forum and in less than one month. You already have some idea regarding this. Of course, Kickstarter cover another part of the community, but seen where they put their money, it will not be more accurate.
As for the US$ 504, well, it's what 500€ worth ; at least it was last time Kickstarter looked at the change rate.

Hmm, you need the kickstarter to have a Basic Security Option ? Hmm, no, it's probably not that. A Baggage Service Office ? Nah. Bicycle Shaped Object ? Perhaps is it a kink somewhere, but I doubt. Business Service Option ? I hope not. What the fuck BSO means, it's clearly not one of . Well, unless you expect the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra to register the sound track...
Oh ! You mean Original Sound Track ? Yeah, in French it fit, so it's probably this. I hope you'll be more careful when writing your game and will take care to also translates the acronyms.

This said, with 500€ you can at most have one original sound. It also don't even cover the cost for a full translation in another language ; therefore even less the cost for this translation to be dubbed by someone serious enough. What mean that you put the bar really low.
I also fail to see how money can shorten the production time. You can't really outsource the art or the writing, and the coding don't need this much works once you've designed the core. But well, if you expect the Patreon account to pay for the expenses, then yes it can make sense ; the money earned with the kickstarter will permit to pay the bills.

What is less frequent is your "we want to put so much more in our game that will be produced anyway". And honestly it don't feel better than the Kickstarter + Patreon combination. Especially when it's said by a newcomer. It remind me all those wanabe authors who promised us the game that will revolution the scene, then disappeared. Except that this time we will at least have a cheap version of the game.
Not that I don't believe you, or that you can't do it. It's just that you would be the first one to effectively achieve to do it.

C## and Python+Ren'Py languages are so different, while the engines themselves follow a so radically different logic, that one guy can't seriously believe that he can maintain the two simultaneously.
This said, since there's no realtime 3D and the visual let expect a sprite based game, I fear that there will be only one coder, who know near to nothing regarding Ren'Py. (don't tell me that you, reader, haven't seen this line come from far away).

I don't want to discourage you, especially if I'm right regarding the meaning of "BSO", but the more you talk about it, the more it look 100% amateurish and therefore the less I want to participate.
They are from Barcelona, it's in their KS page. Hence the BSO thing, since that's the Spanish acronym too, and the dollar-euro exchange rate.

Lost Elite VN

Game Developer
May 1, 2022
Well, I prefer the real deal ;) But I appreciate your offer to make a game just for me :D

Why make the game in two different engines like that? That's gonna add a lot of needless extra work. It sounds crazy, to be honest. You will basically have to make and manage two games. Why not just make it in unity and then remove the settings and stuff in the public version?
The Ren'Py version is a thing that we have as possible in our roadmap mainly because of its popularity and the well-known it is in the community. Obviously, we are focused on the Unity development and yes, there is the possibility to only use Unity in one extended version and another more simplified (y)

Lost Elite VN

Game Developer
May 1, 2022

Oh! Man... didn't know that BSO had that many meanings! Well, the important here is to learn. I was referring to OST (in Spanish is called BSO)

Related to the first 500€... As you can see on Kickstarter are for creating all the stuff that a community needs, things like social media artwork, website hosting, blogs, discord and more!

Well, there is always a first time I guess...Anyway, I understand there are a lot of disappointments or bad practices but there is always an exception!

Right now inside the team, we have game developers and good artists. But, still our first time working together and creating a game as a team. For us everything is new, how to adress to the communities, how to publish the game, how to promote it... Everything. Of course we can be mistaken! But our will is to learn and surpass the mistakes. The game has been in production quite long time and the communication is not one of our strenghts.

I can't be mad at you with that "Old grumpy guy" stuff! And although it may not seem like it, we have continued to take note of many things that you said.

Don't be bored with all the programming problems. Ren'Py is an option for us and we have more than 1 coder on the team. Now we are centered at Unity which is our core and the engine capable of doing our project. But as we mentioned before we also have in mind the possibility of launching a simplified version of the game for free made in Unity.

Although you have been blunt, we really appreciate you taking the time to answer, our intention is to learn and release the best possible game for the community. Thank you very much, old grumpy guy!;)

Apr 21, 2019
First of all thanks for leaving your comment and we appreciate it because we see there are a lot of questions to be solved!

Now talking as the CM, I don't think you are a dick or a jerkoff I really thank you that you took your time to read us and ask all the questions u got and now we know that there are a lot of more questions created at the community! So thank for your time!:giggle:
I have to be honest here, you have to take things slowly, also the Pateron idea is such a bad idea that I don't think I would support it anymore if I were a supporter, it leaves such a bad taste in the mouth having to support a project (~$550 / 15 supports is really a good portion of money from every supporter) only to realize I also have to pay monthly to access what I just supported for a good sum, for the engine, just leave it on one engine and "shorten production times" as porting from/to unity is such a time sink that I don't think it would be worth it. Many games did it on Ren'Py with a code (supporters' extra content) for each new update. Stuff will get leaked either-way, so making it less painful for supporters (I mean, are you sure the unity version is actually better than the renpy experience?) is just better. Personally if I funded this project and saw this I'd just cancel it, IMO the kickstarters ("KICK STARTERS") should get the Pateron content, at least for a full year, I mean they helped kick-start your game right? it would be a nice gift.

And, ambition is good, but too much ambition before starting would leave a negative effect, you say the team wants to add a universe & skins (?). But how much of that is actually necessary, can be done or even be polished? Summertime Saga has a huge funding with years and years of development, yet they are still far from finishing the "universe", I know comparing sucks and development can be vastly different between studios, but that's just to give you an idea of what you are wishing for. I'd say start with the basics, see what you can do, check your potential, only then you can start planning the deeper in-game stuff (unless you really have a tight roadmap that you are confident in). Because I've seen many devs not realize how much hard it actually is, I'm not sure how the 2D workflow works, but I'm still sure lots of the art is expansive (both in terms of time & financially) to do, like scenes and animations.

Sorry if this sounds negative, but that's just my opinion and I hope your teams considers it.

Edit:
Related to the first 500€... As you can see on Kickstarter are for creating all the stuff that a community needs, things like social media artwork, website hosting, blogs, discord and more!
uhh, what.

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
uhh, what.
What it means is:
1. The team has invested what cash they have into the game
2. They'll see if they can raise some more with Kickstarter, but at $500 it's pretty clear they're not relying on it
3. Once they're moving they'll use Patreon as usual to keep things running.

A few quick feedbacks;
- Unless you're doing stuff that Renpy can't do, use Renpy. This seems a straight VN, and (trust me), Renpy will do that better than Unity. I'm speaking as someone that uses Unity both for his normie gamedev job, and for porn.
- Don't give the final game away for free, sell it on steam/itch.io. This is both a commercial decision (Steam is a very significant payout for these games) and a supporter decision (it lets you give Patreons and Kickstarters steam keys as thanks for believing in you).
- The rules of the game is to under-promise, and over-deliver. You're over-promising and will likely under-deliver (unless you really think $504 will let you set up an original sound-track and localization). Players *do* notice this, and especially the prosumers will tend to call you out on it.

It *is* possible to triple-dip (KS-Patreon-Steam), but you have to understand what each of the different audiences want out of the experience before you do.

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
What it means is:
1. The team has invested what cash they have into the game
2. They'll see if they can raise some more with Kickstarter, but at $500 it's pretty clear they're not relying on it
3. Once they're moving they'll use Patreon as usual to keep things running.

A few quick feedbacks;
- Unless you're doing stuff that Renpy can't do, use Renpy. This seems a straight VN, and (trust me), Renpy will do that better than Unity. I'm speaking as someone that uses Unity both for his normie gamedev job, and for porn.
- Don't give the final game away for free, sell it on steam/itch.io. This is both a commercial decision (Steam is a very significant payout for these games) and a supporter decision (it lets you give Patreons and Kickstarters steam keys as thanks for believing in you).
- The rules of the game is to under-promise, and over-deliver. You're over-promising and will likely under-deliver (unless you really think $504 will let you set up an original sound-track and localization). Players *do* notice this, and especially the prosumers will tend to call you out on it.

It *is* possible to triple-dip (KS-Patreon-Steam), but you have to understand what each of the different audiences want out of the experience before you do.
I'd suggest people to actually take a look at their Kickstarter page before commenting. They have several funding goals, the 500€ mark was just the lowest one to test the waters and maybe recover their initial investment. OST, voice acting and other costly things are planned for way bigger sums.

I'll never support a Kickstarter project that is also planning to get Patreon funding, but that's a different topic.

Reactions: Lost Elite VN

Lost Elite VN

Game Developer
May 1, 2022
I have to be honest here, you have to take things slowly, also the Pateron idea is such a bad idea that I don't think I would support it anymore if I were a supporter, it leaves such a bad taste in the mouth having to support a project (~$550 / 15 supports is really a good portion of money from every supporter) only to realize I also have to pay monthly to access what I just supported for a good sum, for the engine, just leave it on one engine and "shorten production times" as porting from/to unity is such a time sink that I don't think it would be worth it. Many games did it on Ren'Py with a code (supporters' extra content) for each new update. Stuff will get leaked either-way, so making it less painful for supporters (I mean, are you sure the unity version is actually better than the renpy experience?) is just better. Personally if I funded this project and saw this I'd just cancel it, IMO the kickstarters ("KICK STARTERS") should get the Pateron content, at least for a full year, I mean they helped kick-start your game right? it would be a nice gift.

And, ambition is good, but too much ambition before starting would leave a negative effect, you say the team wants to add a universe & skins (?). But how much of that is actually necessary, can be done or even be polished? Summertime Saga has a huge funding with years and years of development, yet they are still far from finishing the "universe", I know comparing sucks and development can be vastly different between studios, but that's just to give you an idea of what you are wishing for. I'd say start with the basics, see what you can do, check your potential, only then you can start planning the deeper in-game stuff (unless you really have a tight roadmap that you are confident in). Because I've seen many devs not realize how much hard it actually is, I'm not sure how the 2D workflow works, but I'm still sure lots of the art is expansive (both in terms of time & financially) to do, like scenes and animations.

Sorry if this sounds negative, but that's just my opinion and I hope your teams considers it.

Edit:

uhh, what.
Hey! Hope you are doing well!

Looks like there is some misunderstanding here, of course, our Patreon members will get exclusive content, but I can not talk much about what are they getting until the Demo of the game publishes. We have been in development for 6 months now, at this time we mainly prepared all the preproduction and where are we going with this project. We have the tools and the team to make all the stuff mentioned before, not just flat ambition, we really think we are going to do it!

We created this page to talk with people and think what are the thoughts even if they are positive or negative, so every opinion is getting considered. And we like that people comment not only on good things, we are here to learn and discuss stuff, and this post even though it's a bit polemic (or this is how it looks) it's getting us a lot of information. So I encourage you to keep writing your opinion in our coming posts! :)

Reactions: Interesting_name82