3.60 star(s) 29 Votes

GCStudio

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2016
I'm not recommended to boost your stats higher then 12, it may kill all your gameplay experience.

Reactions: UncleVT

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
I'm not recommended to boost your stats higher then 12, it may kill all your gameplay experience.
I was wondering where the limit was at current build as I still have the 'Date' quest with the Kissing one crossed out along with the Harry finding quest done I have basically just played studying, taking classes and practicing my flying along with the talk and such and yet I feel I am missing something the only cheat that I used was the money one at the beginning as a female character it seems that there is not that much to do at the moment have yet to try a male other than a slytherin one for a bit got bored and not tried since guess will give it a shot ;)

GCStudio

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2016
I was wondering where the limit was at current build
Well, we specifically made a quest log so that you can see which part of the game you have not seen yet. I understand that there are not so many things a character can do in this version. Therefore it is convenient to use cheats in order to quickly see all the events.
In the next versions, we will add more events, so that the interval between it will be less, and the players will not have the feeling of grinding. I hope )
Of course, it's difficult to talk about the balance of the game at such an early stage of development. But I hope that the players liked what they saw in this version. Also, we are well aware that many famous games at the same stage of development showed much less than we do...

Reactions: n0b0dy

Deathdawg

Jul 29, 2017
Well, we specifically made a quest log so that you can see which part of the game you have not seen yet. I understand that there are not so many things a character can do in this version. Therefore it is convenient to use cheats in order to quickly see all the events.
In the next versions, we will add more events, so that the interval between it will be less, and the players will not have the feeling of grinding. I hope )
Of course, it's difficult to talk about the balance of the game at such an early stage of development. But I hope that the players liked what they saw in this version. Also, we are well aware that many famous games at the same stage of development showed much less than we do...
No worries was just saying my experience, I am loving the game so far and think that so far there is a balance there that is not in most games at the same or similar stage.

Reactions: GCStudio

Scal

Sep 4, 2017
Hello all,
I have a male PC, in Gryffondor, but i still not found the beginning of quest 3 and 4... do you have some clue or information about it ?
Thanks

GCStudio

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2016
Some good news

We found a composer who alredy started working with us. So, we are sure that there will be background music in the next version. One track is already ready.
Some tracks will be a reworking of the well-known OST from Harry's films. Some will be completely new, but in the same style. The work of the composer is not cheap, so there will not be a lot of tracks. But their number will gradually increase in the future.

Ento

Jul 4, 2017
Hello all,
I have a male PC, in Gryffondor, but i still not found the beginning of quest 3 and 4... do you have some clue or information about it ?
Thanks
Same bro, I haven't found the quests either? Maybe the first 2 are the only ones?

Reactions: Kendra

GCStudio

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2016
Hello all,
Thanks
Just a hint. Try to become a friend of Colin.

Ento

Jul 4, 2017
How do I increase my relationship with people? I tried saying I like the same subject as them but that didn't work.

GCStudio

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2016
Will saves work for future patches or you have to start a fresh game every patch ?
Unfortunately, saving will stop working if we make a large changes, if we add a new student, for example. This is due to the fact that we specify new data at the beginning of the game, but there is no such data in the old saves.

GCStudio

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2016
How do I increase my relationship with people? I tried saying I like the same subject as them but that didn't work.
It works. If you really like the some subject (the game looks at you maximum skills). Otherwise, NPC consider then you are lying to them, and you relationship falls. Except for a few characters, it's always better to tell the truth.

smith66

Aug 24, 2017
Unfortunately, saving will stop working if we make a large changes, if we add a new student, for example. This is due to the fact that we specify new data at the beginning of the game, but there is no such data in the old saves.
This is why I've always thought that devs should use XML style save files when making games with the public. Sure it's a bit more work upfront but XML (descriptive data) is just way more flexible then CSV (comma separated values).

GCStudio

Game Developer
Oct 21, 2016
This is why I've always thought that devs should use XML style save files when making games with the public. Sure it's a bit more work upfront but XML (descriptive data) is just way more flexible then CSV (comma separated values).
I think you misunderstood me. First, we use the RenPy engine, and all the work with the saves is done by it. Second, the matter is not in the data format, but in the nonlinearity of the plot. For example, we can not complete one chapter, then declare a new variables and start a new part of the story. We are forced to do this at the beginning of the game.
Then we add a new NPC into the game, we also add a bunch of variables associated with him. If these variables absent in the save, the save will not work.

3.60 star(s) 29 Votes