4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
perhaps you have extracted the patch 1.1.3 to a location where it doesn't belongs to :)
normally there should be a warning for overwriting scripts.rpa and update.rpa
and for me it looks like you have the scripts twice
or you have the extracted .rpy's conflicting with the .rpa
hard to tell from here :)
Honestly, I just copied and pasted over the original game folder. I thought I put everything in the right spot though. Was just trying to give the mod a go in between dev time.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
Honestly, I just copied and pasted over the original game folder. I thought I put everything in the right spot though. Was just trying to give the mod a go in between dev time.
uh.. over the orig. game? that's a no no :)
you need the mod itself and the patch if available and install it far away from the orig. game
(why even a game developer don't read the install instructions) :eek:penedeyewink:

i tried so hard, to be intelligible, that even i can understand, what to do :teary:

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
uh.. over the orig. game? that's a no no :)
you need the mod itself and the patch if available and install it far away from the orig. game
(why don't read even a game developer the install instructions) :eek:penedeyewink:

i tried so hard, to be intelligible, so that even i can understand, what to do :teary:
I thought that too at first, and it worked... However, when I tried that I ran into an issue where the mom invites the mc to drink wine/look at a movie and it gets stuck. I can't click on anything in the room, that I saw, to advance the scene but I can leave the room. But that scene, and game progress, will stay stuck there... so I figured I needed to copy it over the original game. Either way, I was having problems :coldsweat:

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
I thought that too at first, and it worked... However, when I tried that I ran into an issue where the mom invites the mc to drink wine/look at a movie and it gets stuck. I can't click on anything in the room, that I saw, to advance the scene but I can leave the room. But that scene, and game progress, will stay stuck there... so I figured I needed to copy it over the original game. Either way, I was having problems :coldsweat:
in that scene you have to go to the kitchen and take some glasses from a cupboard ;)
we are sophisticated people, drinking from the bottle.. tztz

Reactions: Carmen Sandiego

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
in that scene you have to go to the kitchen and take some glasses from a cupboard ;)
we are sophisticated people, drinking from the bottle.. tztz
Ah! I'll give that a go then. Not sure how I missed the dialogue directing me to do that. Probably skipping text thinking I know wtf is going on, and clearly don't. Heh. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: the66

AclGrafix

Feb 19, 2018
Installation
:​
versioning: {major}.{minor}.{patch}
major or minor release:
  • download the archive that suits your system
  • extract to desired location (don't overwrite a former install)
  • start with View.of.Family-enhanced.exe/sh
patch release:
  • download the archive that suits your system
  • extract to the install folder of the current major/minor release
  • use complete path and overwrite files
  • start with View.of.Family-enhanced.exe/sh
if you have extracted/decrypted the .rpa files, you have to do it again but beforehand delete the .rpy/.rpyc files coz they wont get overwritten in that process
can someone explain this too me in stupid people speak, i understand that the suits your system is WIN, MAC, LINUX, but what is {major}.{minor}, and what am i meant to do with the patch exactly? just copy it into the main game folder, or a sub-folder? also by "start with View.of.Family-enhanced.exe/sh" what does that mean?

edit: i think i got it, extract the patch into the main game folder and choose replace all, although still no idea about that major/minor thing

edit 2: now i have this problem

happens whenever i try enter nicoles room

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
can someone explain this too me in stupid people speak, i understand that the suits your system is WIN, MAC, LINUX, but what is {major}.{minor}, and what am i meant to do with the patch exactly? just copy it into the main game folder, or a sub-folder? also by "start with View.of.Family-enhanced.exe/sh" what does that mean?

edit: i think i got it, extract the patch into the main game folder and choose replace all, although still no idea about that major/minor thing
curr. version is 1.1.6 -> major=1 minor=1 patch=6
every major or minor release (patch=0) is a full download, has to be extracted in a new folder and can be started either by the .exe or by the .sh script depending on the system you use (.exe for win, .sh for mac/linux)
a patch release must be extracted into the folder of the latest major or minor release, it overwrites files and/or adds new ones
i hope it's as clear as mud :)

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017

yep, i see.. is a problem with registering achievements
will be fixed soon, atm i'm updating renpy and dependent libraries
patch 1.1.7 will contain the fix

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017

now you can enter every room you want ;)
dl patch, extract it into basedir and have fun

AclGrafix

Feb 19, 2018
curr. version is 1.1.6 -> major=1 minor=1 patch=6
every major or minor release (patch=0) is a full download, has to be extracted in a new folder and can be started either by the .exe or by the .sh script depending on the system you use (.exe for win, .sh for mac/linux)
a patch release must be extracted into the folder of the latest major or minor release, it overwrites files and/or adds new ones
i hope it's as clear as mud :)
ohh, never seen it displayd in that way, thanks for the explanation

yep, i see.. is a problem with registering achievements
will be fixed soon, atm i'm updating renpy and dependent libraries
patch 1.1.7 will contain the fix
now you can enter every room you want ;)
dl patch, extract it into basedir and have fun
thanks, time to finally be able to play :D

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I can't use any of my old savegames with your modded version, even though they worked in regular version 1.10

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
I can't use any of my old savegames with your modded version, even though they worked in regular version 1.10
yep, with the introduction of the achievement system i changed also the rest of the variables :)
i hope this way it's easier for me to add more content

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
this means how?

any detail?
if you download any attachment on f95zone, there is something like 75351_ infront of the file name
this has to be deleted

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
Android possible ?
highly unlikely, because some of the code simply doesn't work on android
but sell your new galaxy s9± and buy a cheap laptop, ok it's not stylish to hold a laptop on your ear, but hey.. :eek:penedeyewink:

edit: ok, i try a build later today, but no promises :eek:
edit: have fun on your phone, i hope it works ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Vicky

Fjar2365

Jan 6, 2018
I found a typo when talking to Emma. She said the word your hut it was misspelled..

How do get the older sister drunk , I've accomplished everything else but that.

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes