Mod Video Enhancement mod list

Dr. Javi

May 29, 2020
hey,

i've already checked this game because I looove the renders/models quality

Overall, these animations are in good native quality and the dev team really optimized the framerate by using very-high framerate (above 60fps) when the scene requires it like fast motions and relatively low framerate (30-60fps) when higher wouldn't be needed
So, Converting the few low-framerate animations would not be worth it in my opinion

However, a 4K version would be nice but I don't know how ren'py will handle 4K@120fps animations lol
Oh, okay. I should have checked beforehand. That makes sense.

Reactions: F4iunyl3x

F4iunyl3x

Modder
Aug 26, 2018
Oh, okay. I should have checked beforehand. That makes sense.
no problem
it's perfectly normal for me to do the verification part when someone suggests a new game to me.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, could you do me a favor and test my 4K mod on midnight paradise please?

Someone on the game thread with a decent PC configuration had trouble getting it to run, and that's the only feedback I've got so far
I may have underestimated the specs requirement for this one, I now know that a 6-core CPU without hyper-threading won't be enough

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2020
"Desert Stalker" needs it bad just played the new version and the old content makes me upset to look at it like all scenes needs it bad. It looks like to me to many blurry scenes meaning to much compression artifacts or noise in general however, idk about the frames per second on the animated scenes though.

Reactions: performant

F4iunyl3x

Modder
Aug 26, 2018
"Desert Stalker" needs it bad just played the new version and the old content makes me upset to look at it like all scenes needs it bad. It looks like to me to many blurry scenes meaning to much compression artifacts or noise in general however, idk about the frames per second on the animated scenes though.
I've never played this game, someone else suggested it to me
Do you know if the dev team plans to rework the old scenes ?

From what i understand, these animations would need a denoise/deblock post-treatment in addition to interpolation
Right now, i'm reworking one of my mod , I'll take a look at it after that.

Reactions: performant
Sep 13, 2020
I've never played this game, someone else suggested it to me
Do you know if the dev team plans to rework the old scenes ?

From what i understand, these animations would need a denoise/deblock post-treatment in addition to interpolation
Right now, i'm reworking one of my mod , I'll take a look at it after that.
I think not they fixed one scene from the past and it was dialogue but overall no so far.

Tuatha Dé

Oct 20, 2021
Defending Lydia Collier or Long Road Home are 2 of my favourite games the animations are ok so think about it if you are interested in any of them.

F4iunyl3x

Modder
Aug 26, 2018
Defending Lydia Collier or Long Road Home are 2 of my favourite games the animations are ok so think about it if you are interested in any of them.
"Defending Lydia Collier" has indeed animations but there really aren't many to make it worthwhile.

"Long road Home " has a huge amount of animations (>400) so yeah no problem about it
These animations would also need a denoise post-process.
I keep this game in mind

Reactions: Tuatha Dé

F4iunyl3x

Modder
Aug 26, 2018
I just released my mod for this game.

The main improvement is the framerate as always and I applied a denoise/deblock filter to clean most of the artefacts
I didn't manage to get much improvement with the overall level of detail, the overall dark atmosphere doesn't help with that.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Crazy_Chicken87

Tuatha Dé

Oct 20, 2021
a consultation with being a dik, I downloaded your improvement but I have a problem with the file anim_pan_josy_ep7.webm I was checking it from the file folder and it won't let me open it.

F4iunyl3x

Modder
Aug 26, 2018
a consultation with being a dik, I downloaded your improvement but I have a problem with the file anim_pan_josy_ep7.webm I was checking it from the file folder and it won't let me open it.
hum weird, It works fine on my side with VLC, this file doesn't seem to be corrupted
Can you post a save during this scene please ?

Sep 13, 2020
I just released my mod for this game.

The main improvement is the framerate as always and I applied a denoise/deblock filter to clean most of the artefacts
I didn't manage to get much improvement with the overall level of detail, the overall dark atmosphere doesn't help with that.
Haven't tried it yet but I will later

Dr. Javi

May 29, 2020
hum weird, It works fine on my side with VLC, this file doesn't seem to be corrupted
Can you post a save during this scene please ?
anim_pan_josy_ep7.webm works fine for me. My PC, an Acer Aspire Vero ( ), cannot handle the 4K video for Midnight Paradise. It's extremely stuttery. These are my specs:

Windows Specs.png

OS Specs.png

I will try on my MacBook Air later.

Update:

I tried it on my new MacBook Air ( ). It wasn't as bad, but the video was still a little stuttery. Here are the specs:

Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 3.17.49 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 3.20.02 PM.png

I'm not even going to pretend that I'm not a filthy degenerate that just opens the video files straight away.

Last edited:

F4iunyl3x

Modder
Aug 26, 2018
anim_pan_josy_ep7.webm works fine for me. My PC, an Acer Aspire Vero ( ), cannot handle the 4K video for Midnight Paradise. It's extremely stuttery. These are my specs:

View attachment 2885595

View attachment 2885596

I will try on my MacBook Air later.

Update:

I tried it on my new MacBook Air ( ). It wasn't as bad, but the video was still a little stuttery. Here are the specs:

View attachment 2885740

View attachment 2885746

I'm not even going to pretend that I'm not a filthy degenerate that just opens the video files straight away.
thanks for your feedback.

From what i've understand, ren'py is an obsolete engine compared to 2023-standards
It uses way more ressources than your typical video player (like VLC) to display 4K videos.

I wouldn't be surprised about your laptop-PC poor performance because of the non-dedicated GPU
But I'm a bit disappointed with the performance of your MAC as the M2 chip is quite powerful compared to most other intel/AMD CPUs for laptops, maybe the poor renpy optimization with Apple devices is to blame.

Personally, it's running fine on my PC : [Ryzen 5900X | RTX 3080 | Win10]

there must be a place for improvement on the engine side because i've seen other games on this website that offer 4K@60fps animations and people seemed to complain a lot less about performance

Reactions: Dr. Javi

Dr. Javi

May 29, 2020
No problem. I'm not surprised that it's renpy because the files themselves are fine.

Have you considered doing Amnesia ? It's one of the best looking games on here. It's a mix of 25 fps and 29.97 fps and a mix of .webm and .mp4 so I don't know if that is a problem or not.

F4iunyl3x

Modder
Aug 26, 2018
No problem. I'm not surprised that it's renpy because the files themselves are fine.

Have you considered doing Amnesia ? It's one of the best looking games on here. It's a mix of 25 fps and 29.97 fps and a mix of .webm and .mp4 so I don't know if that is a problem or not.
I know this game but no one had suggested it to me (until now)
different framerates and video containers shouldn't be a problem

BestSumy

May 22, 2021
Hello Sir the link seems broken, I can download your mod for other games but not for City of Broken Dreamers

update it is fixed now

Last edited:

Dr. Javi

May 29, 2020
Is there a commercially available program that you use? I've been fiddling around with Topaz AI and I've been wondering if it's similar.