vultron

May 19, 2018
This game seems like it'll be worth downloading when there is enough content to be worth the time and if the English eventually gets cleaned up.

Also wouldn't you think a guy who spent years in a Shaolin monk temple would have a lot more self control and discipline? This guy behaves more like he spent 5 years in a brothel in Thailand.

Reactions: Nikois

amber rain

Dec 17, 2017
Sounds interesting. Def down to kill some peps with my hidden Shaolin fighting skills. This isnt the plot of Ironfist, right...?

May 20, 2017
@nikois Any game with this model is worth playing, good choice on that. Looks very promising, looking towards more and more content with Kendra, especially that cabin cleaning. Good Luck.

Scorpead

May 29, 2018
damm your aunt looks more like a grandma then your aunt (didnt like her in that other game too)

loqex

Aug 5, 2016
Plot seems interesting, and original enough actually. But like @thunderrob said, that's the exact same MILF model from Where The Heart Is, I could be wrong but didn't she wear those clothes too? Haha, oh well, I'm not mad, because she is a sexy MILF so I'll let that slide :p
Plot.. smolot.. the question is.. is there nookie!? :biggrin: Kidding aside, plot does seem more original than most. Looks promising.

blahblah25

Respected User
Apr 19, 2018
I know the dev probably doesn’t want to hear this and yes I know you can buy the model renders as well but this is a good game to keep me entertained while waiting for the update for where the heart is o_O:FeelsGoodMan:
(Edit) ok either I skipped a important part but I thought the MC said that Kendra was his moms friend now the dialogue says that it’s his aunt think I might have skipped something And a lil tired with this inner conflict the MC is having like yes no yes no but I can see why irl but in a game gets a lil bit annoying but do wish the dev good luck with all his endeavors

Nikois

:()
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 6, 2018
This game seems like it'll be worth downloading when there is enough content to be worth the time and if the English eventually gets cleaned up.

Also wouldn't you think a guy who spent years in a Shaolin monk temple would have a lot more self control and discipline? This guy behaves more like he spent 5 years in a brothel in Thailand.
Yeah, true but he was sent to Shaolin monastery after his parents died. he was in shock and never masturbated or did any sexual activity for 4-5 years not even in a bathroom, lol. As it is mentioned in story the MC's sex hormones are kicking in after looking at a hot body like Kendra. I don't know if that happens in real life but its just a game. I have 1 different chapter for the flashback of how his life became miserable. The flashback chapter will be introduced after chapter 7.

I know the dev probably doesn’t want to hear this and yes I know you can buy the model renders as well but this is a good game to keep me entertained while waiting for the update for where the heart is o_O:FeelsGoodMan:
(Edit) ok either I skipped a important part but I thought the MC said that Kendra was his moms friend now the dialogue says that it’s his aunt think I might have skipped something And a lil tired with this inner conflict the MC is having like yes no yes no but I can see why irl but in a game gets a lil bit annoying but do wish the dev good luck with all his endeavors
I can't understand what you said but Yes I bought stuff with my Pizza delivery income lol.

Reactions: BubaJ and Ennoch

blahblah25

Respected User
Apr 19, 2018
@nikois which part did you not understand in my wall of text the (edit) part or the general part ps not meant to come off as rude

Nikois

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 6, 2018
@nikois Any game with this model is worth playing, good choice on that. Looks very promising, looking towards more and more content with Kendra, especially that cabin cleaning. Good Luck.
Yeah, I could have made the kitchen cleaning much better with more rendering but it would have taken more time. I will update the whole game when I get a pc. Thanks for trying my game.

Reactions: Lucifer_Morningstar

Nikois

Donor
Game Developer
Jan 6, 2018
@nikois which part did you not understand in my wall of text the (edit) part or the general part ps not meant to come off as rude
So I read it some time and I think you are confused because of my english. I am bad with english. In my country, people call their Mom's friend "Aunt or Auntie, when they talk in english, though their english is horrible but still.(Edit) Some people in this thread told me its ok to call Kendra Aunt. but I think its confusing people. so i will update the game with better english(next update will be half of chapter 1).

Reactions: blahblah25

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
If my grandma would look like Kendra in this game, i'd be in deep trouble i'm afraid :coldsweat:
grandma is always the best for teach you some trick and stuff..

bet the kind of stuff she would teach you if she was like this :D

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
So I read it some time and I think you are confused because of my english. I am bad with english. In my country, people call their Mom's friend "Aunt or Auntie, when they talk in english, though their english is horrible but still.(Edit) Some people in this thread told me its ok to call Kendra Aunt. but I think its confusing people. so i will update the game with better english(next update will be half of chapter 1).
It's fine to not be good with English ... but if it shows enough to be commented on in just a paragraph of description, it is extremely likely that it will affect the perceived quality of the game and storyline.

To be honest with you (because only honest feedback is useful feedback) the description totally put me off the game.

You come back to your homeland from Shaolin Monastery in China and you find out that your Mom's best friend(Aunt Kendra) is alone and suffering from Traficos, a dangerous Mafia. Who were responsible for the death of your Parents but as soon as you met your Aunt you come to know your Aunt's husband and daughter have been killed too. But later you come to know your Mom and Aunt's daughter might be alive but somewhere far.
Think about how likely it is for most English-speaking people to somehow end up in a Shaolin monastery and you come across the first issue. This has already stretched credulity and the suspension of disbelief that storytelling needs.

Now, if you'd perhaps suggested right there that he's returned from a martial arts academy owned by some distant relative, or some business partner of his family, then just maybe it would be a bit less of a stretch. If that's too hard to explain in an introductory paragraph then just leave it out completely and simply say that the protagonist has come home from overseas and leave the game to explain it better.

Remember, when in a narrative you say "Your homeland" to a reader, they will think of their actual homeland, whether that's Uptown New York City, or some quiet village in England, or some Farmhouse in the South of France, etc. It's often better to actually pick a location for the game, as you then have people on the same page, rather than picturing all different types of places.

Anyway, next we learn that some friend of your mother has had her husband and child killed by the people who also killed your own parents. And then immediately after we're told that actually maybe they aren't dead at all (in other words, they definitely aren't)...

It just feels from that that this game is going to have a disjointed storyline that makes no sense and everything is going to be explained (or not) as just "because reasons" without any sense.

Why would a Shaolin Monastery accept the child you were when presumably you couldn't even speak the language, let alone have the understanding of their culture and society to fit in and not upset and interfere with the studies and learning of all other students, most of whom have families pay for them to go there as it is considered an honor?

When writing stories, always, always, stick to what you know. If something outside your knowledge is absolutely needed, research it, thoroughly. It will always make a better story.

Reactions: saolo996 and Nikois
3.20 star(s) 15 Votes