VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Vaporwave 2059 [v0.2] [Jay3DM]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Brine_Basilisk

Exceptionally high quality in both art, sound and writing. The renders alone are some of the best I've ever seen, nearly photo-real and extremely naturalistic. But most important and arguably more elusive to achieve is the amazing atmosphere of the world. As brief as the demo is the game established a fully realized world with a great deal of detail and implied depth that I can't help but be invested in. I only have two real minor complaints:

1) The initial intro, while interesting from a lore perspective is a bit dry and long-winded
    2) During the comedic scenes the music choice doesn't really fit with the setting at all.

None of those issues are enough to harm its rating. Excellent demo, everyone should play it and take notes.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Refuge24

Really enjoyed this one. I’m a big fan of the Cyberpunk genre so this game was right up my alley. Love how curvaceous the models are. Honee is my fave character especially with how the dialogue between her and the mc develops in the intro. Feels like an actual pair of friends who are comfortable if not too intimate.

The worldbuilding is interesting so far. There’s a but of info dumping in the intro but that’s to be expected. Thankfully you can click certain terms to get background info which I hope continues into the future because there seems to be a lot going on in the world. There’s also little side stories and news articles going on to flesh out the world.

As one would expect there’s not much sexual content in the demo but there’s some wip animations shown at the end to give the player an idea of what could come later. Still I personally think for a demo it’s more interesting than several first releases I’ve seen here. Feels like the dev put a lot of themselves into this.

I look forward to seeing how the mysteries the narrative presents unfold over the course of development and I think others should give the game a chance. Good first release!