3.00 star(s) 6 Votes

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
I assume that's what the outcry was about? I too am a stickler for NTR because it's too broad a term imo,
as it includes both Netorare and Netori (which I find more enjoyable) and feel NTR tag gets thrown around far too loosely.
But wouldn't Vera with 2 other dudes , even if the MC is present feel like NTR to those who hate the genre?
I know it's probably not accurate, but from what I notice, to the NTR haters they simply don't want their girls
(very possessive) to be with anyone BUT the MC that they've POV'd/Inserted themselves into.

Correct any of my false assumptions, as any of you see fit.
Just spit ballin' here lol
~Cheers~
I understand this confusion, it becomes a lot simpler when you come to learn a few things imo, so I shall share them with you.

NTR is exclusive to Netorare, netori is not included in that abbreviation. Although one could argue netorase is, since when something is netorase it is typically also netorare since netorase is kinda a sub-genre of ntr. This site also uses the proper NTR use so when it is used for netori it is being misused, I find that this misuse is the reason for the netori/NTR confusion.

TLDNR of the important bits:
NTR = "to be taken from" (regardless of gender/species/relationship level/context)
Netori = "to take"

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So yeah if MC feels like they are being taken from... then it be NTR. It gets even more fun when you get into first person games where the player is technically the MC as well cause immersion... but that is for another time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Simulacrum29

Garrettino

Jul 14, 2018
I understand this confusion, it becomes a lot simpler when you come to learn a few things imo, so I shall share them with you.

NTR is exclusive to Netorare, netori is not included in that abbreviation. Although one could argue netorase is, since when something is netorase it is typically also netorare since netorase is kinda a sub-genre of ntr. This site also uses the proper NTR use so when it is used for netori it is being misused, I find that this misuse is the reason for the netori/NTR confusion.

TLDNR of the important bits:
NTR = "to be taken from" (regardless of gender/species/relationship level/context)
Netori = "to take"

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So yeah if MC feels like they are being taken from... then it be NTR. It gets even more fun when you get into first person games where the player is technically the MC as well cause immersion... but that is for another time.

Sigh... No confusion about the definitions, and I think you're the first person I've seen that rigidly attaches the commonly accepted umbrella acronym of "NTR" to strictly Netorare, but it also doesn't matter in this context. It's just the same request a few of us has had to break it down into 2 diverging (damn near opposing) paths, and hell maybe even the 3rd. It's all regurgitation at this point, but I still stand by my original assessment and request of this separation, it's just a matter of if the Mods here feel it's warranted, or not. Which it seems like they're aware of, has been requested, and denied. See this thread:
https://f95zone.to/threads/seperate-netori-from-netorare.71889/

One poster quotes a similar understanding of how broad the NTR tag is:
"NTR is defined - it is an abbreviation for Netori, Netorare, and Netorase. It's used (mostly correctly) on this site to describe any of those three."
another leans on: "E-hentai is a perfect example of why having a nice complex yet organized tag system is nice imo."
Where in my experience, E-Hentai and similar spots have done the tagging well, and have since separated the two/three into distinct categories, when for YEARS I remember being plagued with NTR covering 3 or more of these Neto-prefixes, and other tangent tags like Cheating/Cuck etc... but that was mostly Doujinshi, and this is a different outlet. Their house(F95), their rules.
TLDR: Point being, you can define the terms, and use the proper Japanese translations all you want (most of us knew already anyway), it's a matter of how it's used, perceived and defined by those that have control over tagging it.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Sigh... No confusion about the definitions, and I think you're the first person I've seen that rigidly attaches the commonly accepted umbrella acronym of "NTR" to strictly Netorare, but it also doesn't matter in this context. It's just the same request a few of us has had to break it down into 2 diverging (damn near opposing) paths, and hell maybe even the 3rd. It's all regurgitation at this point, but I still stand by my original assessment and request of this separation, it's just a matter of if the Mods here feel it's warranted, or not. Which it seems like they're aware of, has been requested, and denied. See this thread: https://f95zone.to/threads/seperate-netori-from-netorare.71889/

One poster quotes a similar understanding of how broad the NTR tag is:
"NTR is defined - it is an abbreviation for Netori, Netorare, and Netorase. It's used (mostly correctly) on this site to describe any of those three."
another leans on: "E-hentai is a perfect example of why having a nice complex yet organized tag system is nice imo."
Where in my experience, E-Hentai and similar spots have done the tagging well, and have since separated the two/three into distinct categories, when for YEARS I remember being plagued with NTR covering 3 or more of these Neto-prefixes, and other tangent tags like Cheating/Cuck etc... but that was mostly Doujinshi, and this is a different outlet. Their house(F95), their rules.
TLDR: Point being, you can define the terms, and use the proper Japanese translations all you want (most of us knew already anyway), it's a matter of how it's used, perceived and defined by those that have control over tagging it.
Uhhhh.... the board has defined the NTR tag as just netorare dude.... Is right under tag rules....

1621665525365.png

Like I said the idea that it includes netori is a misconception. Although I do believe that definition can include netorase since afaik netorase is still meant to cause jealousy just that the dude likes it.

This likely stems from the problem that there isn't a netori tag for threads, so people misuse NTR tag in its place. But as you can see from above it isn't correct and should be reported so it can be removed. Yet that is, I did read somewhere that they do plan to add it at some point, although that was a while ago.

Here is the main thread: https://f95zone.to/threads/tags-rules-and-list-updated-2021-05-02.10394/

That thread you posted is about how Ryhan (now former staff) doesn't understand what Netori actually is... not netori being included in the NTR tag. As it points out that the sites definition doesn't include netori in NTR tag... and then shows a mod (redknight) confirming as much... Then asking for a netori tag. The title is clickbait my dude.

Last edited:

Garrettino

Jul 14, 2018
Uhhhh.... the board has defined the NTR tag as just netorare dude.... Is right under tag rules....

View attachment 1206444

Like I said the idea that it includes netori is a misconception. Although I do believe that definition can include netorase since afaik netorase is still meant to cause jealousy just that the dude likes it.

This likely stems from the problem that there isn't a netori tag for threads, so people misuse NTR tag in its place. But as you can see from above it isn't correct and should be reported so it can be removed. Yet that is, I did read somewhere that they do plan to add it at some point, although that was a while ago.

Here is the main thread: https://f95zone.to/threads/tags-rules-and-list-updated-2021-05-02.10394/

That thread you posted is about how Ryhan (now former staff) doesn't understand what Netori actually is... not netori being included in the NTR tag. As it points out that the sites definition doesn't include netori in NTR tag... and then shows a mod (redknight) confirming as much... Then asking for a netori tag. The title is clickbait my dude.
Again you're still missing the overall point, if you haven't seen that NTR has become a broad term, to many, that does in fact include Netori, across many mediums beyond Lewd VNs, I don't know what to tell ya. I could care less how F95 Defines it, or what the actual Japanese is, it's misused by far too many, regardless. It's the abolishment of those 3 letters, that needs to happen, which forces the 3 terms to stand on their own.

Ntrnotgoodtoheal

Mar 30, 2021
I don't play wif1 but Does she really feels happy when her man shares her with others ?. And I don't like ntr, gang bang, three some (with 2 man 1 girl) because they are among the things that make me hate of course because they make me feel extremely disgusting and uncomfortable and my pe**s just can't seem to erection when seeing them

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I don't play wif1 but Does she really feels happy when her man shares her with others ?. And I don't like ntr, gang bang, three some (with 2 man 1 girl) because they are among the things that make me hate of course because they make me feel extremely disgusting and uncomfortable and my pe**s just can't seem to erection when seeing them
She loved it and it was 3 men and 1 girl.

All her holes were full.

Also TMI, no one ever need to know what your penis is doing. That's between you and your lover and you never want to make your right hand jealous.

Ntrnotgoodtoheal

Mar 30, 2021
[QUOTE = "AvaPixi, bài đăng: 6655209, thành viên: 836754"]
Cô yêu nó và đó là 3 người đàn ông và 1 cô gái.

Tất cả các lỗ của cô ấy đã đầy.

Ngoài ra TMI, không ai cần biết dương vật của bạn đang làm gì. Đó là giữa bạn và người yêu của bạn và bạn không bao giờ muốn làm cho cánh tay phải của bạn ghen.
[/TRÍCH DẪN]
Sorry i'm being a bit rude but i just wanted to say i really don't like ntr and i'm a bit wondering why so many people like these genres? They're like the doujinshi ntr from the manga side.

AgriasQuarto

Nov 22, 2018
Not everyone is an insecure virgin and into being double-standard about their sexual partners, its fine if people prefer their females to act more like furniture than people, e.g. they can't complain if you sleep around with other people but they aren't allowed to do so, you're allowed to have mff threesomes, but if the females make out with each other they are cheating whores, only you are allowed to have any affection, they should quietly wait in a corner until you call for their turn.
Some of us prefer them to have more personality than that, having kinks and desires out of literally one person in the entire universe or not being a virgin does not make them "dirty" or "damaged goods". I don't like it when I get restricted to being monogamous, so I don't enjoy or want to restrict my partner's choice as well, if they find other people they want to sleep with its not a "sacrifice" or "fair trade", I'm glad for them for being able to have fun, doubly so if we can find people we both like and have fun together.

Everyone is free to have their own preferences, but its rather tiring having to be slandered anytime we want to enjoy a love interest being more than a glorified meat doll.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Not everyone is an insecure virgin and into being double-standard about their sexual partners, its fine if people prefer their females to act more like furniture than people, e.g. they can't complain if you sleep around with other people but they aren't allowed to do so, you're allowed to have mff threesomes, but if the females make out with each other they are cheating whores, only you are allowed to have any affection, they should quietly wait in a corner until you call for their turn.
Some of us prefer them to have more personality than that, having kinks and desires out of literally one person in the entire universe or not being a virgin does not make them "dirty" or "damaged goods". I don't like it when I get restricted to being monogamous, so I don't enjoy or want to restrict my partner's choice as well, if they find other people they want to sleep with its not a "sacrifice" or "fair trade", I'm glad for them for being able to have fun, doubly so if we can find people we both like and have fun together.

Everyone is free to have their own preferences, but its rather tiring having to be slandered anytime we want to enjoy a love interest being more than a glorified meat doll.
Hahaha, you want to say they are not treated like glorified meat dolls in most NTR and sharing games as well? There are a few exceptions of course on both sides, but 99% of the time it only changes for whom they are a meat doll, namely some NPC's and the female has even less braincells and it is also an abusive asshole who has the fun. Or the female in question is an insufferable bitch who is even more of an egoist as MC.

Sounds nice that woman equality rant against some genres, but well it does not really plays out in those other genres either. :p Some few devs though are quite capable of making games with females that have agency and a personality, that has little to do with genre or sharing tags but with the dev in question.

Last edited:

AgriasQuarto

Nov 22, 2018
Hahaha, you want to say they are not treated like glorified meat dolls in most NTR and sharing games as well? There are a few exceptions of course on both sides, but 99% of the time it only changes for whom they are a meat doll, namely some NPC's and the female has even less braincells and it is also an abusive asshole who has the fun. Or the female in question is an insufferable bitch who is even more of an egoist as MC.

Sounds nice that woman equality rant against some genres, but well it does not really plays out in those other genres either. :p Some few devs though are quite capable of making games with females that have agency and a personality, that has little to do with genre or sharing tags but with the dev in question.
Don't strawman the main point here, are you claiming that devs of both genre get the same amount of flak from players? There are significantly more insults and harass flung in one direction whenever a game has overlaps and draws in both crowds. Its just annoying when you want to discuss the game but you have to constantly shift through pages and pages of "Disgusting not for me/I won't play this/Dev should change it or lose all their players/make it optional then I will try it".

Wasn't my intention to make one genre sound better than the other, just ranting out of spite because it feels like there is favortism going on, my bad.

Reactions: Nerro

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Don't strawman the main point here, are you claiming that devs of both genre get the same amount of flak from players? There are significantly more insults and harass flung in one direction whenever a game has overlaps and draws in both crowds. Its just annoying when you want to discuss the game but you have to constantly shift through pages and pages of "Disgusting not for me/I won't play this/Dev should change it or lose all their players/make it optional then I will try it".

Wasn't my intention to make one genre sound better than the other, just ranting out of spite because it feels like there is favortism going on, my bad.
Well the sentence you crossed out sounds more fair indeed. The flack goes both ways and neither is morally superior or inferior per se, though ntr most of time concerning abusive NPC's that use force or other questionable means has one more thing against it as incest genre, which is divisive as well just not as heated since it hits less on the negative emotions and unfortunately setup of games which allow for cucking kind of heavily influences how MC is also on other paths like for example almost always an incompetent kid, which is divisive as well. That is the thing, what makes it great for the fans of the genre is exactly what calls up the negative emotions of others. You do not see many really heavy femdom or maledom games try to mix it with romantic (incest) games either for same reason.

So yeah, though it can be annoying if you are a fan of that genre, unfortunately it will always call up kind of heated emotions, especially if mix it with other paths and player bases, whether that is fair as such or not.

Last edited:

Aurealis

Apr 16, 2020
Better to develop the main game than wasting time creating a spin off just to please a very small number of people. To be frank this is probably the most stupid idea the dev decided to do. People who have NTR fetish is considerably low compared to people who hate them and by doing this and delaying the main game development instead displeasure more of your follower than the dev think. Just reading the comment and I can see almost all of the comment here were displeased with the dev decision. I think dev should finish the main game first before focusing on the spin off.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Better to develop the main game than wasting time creating a spin off just to please a very small number of people. To be frank this is probably the most stupid idea the dev decided to do. People who have NTR fetish is considerably low compared to people who hate them and by doing this and delaying the main game development instead displeasure more of your follower than the dev think. Just reading the comment and I can see almost all of the comment here were displeased with the dev decision. I think dev should finish the main game first before focusing on the spin off.
The spin offs are made for the people investing big money, without them you wouldn't have a game anyway.

Aurealis

Apr 16, 2020
The spin offs are made for the people investing big money, without them you wouldn't have a game anyway.
I didn't said the dev to not create a spin off. I just hope the dev can complete the main game first before creating a spin off, because I see some dev finish their main game first before creating a spin off. Most dev who created a spin off while the main game is not finished yet usually because they run out of idea for the main game so they create a spin off from the patron idea so they can please some of the patron while getting some time to find an idea and more money which is not bad. Or the patron donate so much money to request a spin off so the dev have to fulfill the patron wish. I hope it was the later not the former.

3.00 star(s) 6 Votes