VN Ren'Py Unseen Instincts [Development Thread]

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I spotted the "brutal murder" repetition :eek: and decided to try and help, so I came up with a few suggestions for your Game Summary text:

A series of brutal murders in the city of Odessey has thrown the police department into disarray. The victims, five of them, were each found slain in cruel and bloody circumstances, and the killer remains at large. With no apparent common motive and no clues to go on investigations have ground to a halt, while the Chief of Police comes under growing pressure from the City government.
Enter Detective Nicole, a brilliant and strikingly beautiful investigator with a sharp mind and a fiery spirit. Will Nicole and her police colleagues be able to apprehend the murderer, or will she become entangled in a web of deceit? Take control and put yourself in Nicole's shoes to find out the truth and save the city from an unknown serial killer.
You could swap out "chief of police" with "police department" if there is no character like that in the game.

And did you mean "Odessey" or "Odyssey" for the city name?

Good luck with your game, the VN world always can use some more clever procedural thrillers (y)

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: DemonLad

DemonLad

Developing Unseen Instincts
Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Unseen Instincts v0.30 Progress Update and Release Period

Happy New Year lads! Wishing the best for you and your fam, and I also wish you play more games and enjoy your private time. ;)

Now, coming to the progress, the update will surely not have a long 2-3 months wait like usual. I will be wrapping off this update pretty soon. Animations will be limited this time, focusing more on the renders and keeping this update a finish to Chapter 3. So, this first week, you might see the new version of the game go live.

RELEASE PERIOD: January 5-8

WHAT TO EXPECT

As you can see, from Chapter 3 we will be having new improvements in terms of visuals and render textures. Some characters might look different from what you have previously seen, so the previous updates (including some parts of the story) will be getting a healthy revamp in the future once the game has been completed.

Honey, Brace Yourself Progress

After this update, I will be diverting my attention to Honey Brace Yourself, which is also getting a great revamp and if you are a fan of Unseen Instincts for it being a FMC, while also missing out on playing as a Male MC, you will get multiple options to begin your journey in the upcoming game.

Full Post here: