Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Arthas Menethil

Apr 7, 2019
I am having problems using the tool with this game

"Love Sex Second Base"

After decompiling the game to obtain the rpy files

I get this message when I press a certain button in the game

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/ac/sleep.rpy", line 168, in script
if not sleep_girl:
File "game/ac/sleep.rpy", line 168, in <module>
if not sleep_girl:
NameError: name 'sleep_girl' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ---------------------------------------------- --------------

Full traceback:
if not sleep_girl:
File "C:\Users\alber\Downloads\Programs\renpy-8.2.1-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 1842, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "C:\Users\alber\Downloads\Programs\renpy-8.2.1-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1209, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\alber\Downloads\Programs\renpy-8.2.1-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1202, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
if not sleep_girl:

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.1.24030407
Love & Sex : Second Base - 24.3.0a 24.3.0a
Wed Mar 27 15:07:24 2024

Arthas Menethil

Apr 7, 2019
Do you get this error if you play this part of the game, exactly the same, without decompiling?
The problem is when you decompile it, it seems that the code of the most recent versions is buggy

When I decompile to translate the game it also happens

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I am having problems using the tool with this game

"Love Sex Second Base"

After decompiling the game to obtain the rpy files

I get this message when I press a certain button in the game

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
if not sleep_girl:
if not sleep_girl:

-- Full Traceback ---------------------------------------------- --------------

Full traceback:
if not sleep_girl:
File "C:\Users\alber\Downloads\Programs\renpy-8.2.1-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 1842, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "C:\Users\alber\Downloads\Programs\renpy-8.2.1-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1209, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\alber\Downloads\Programs\renpy-8.2.1-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1202, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
if not sleep_girl:

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.2.1.24030407
Love & Sex : Second Base - 24.3.0a 24.3.0a
Wed Mar 27 15:07:24 2024
Can you drop the save before the error?

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
I may sound dumb but I have to know... Is it normal that in almost 80% - 90% of the games I play. Most of the rpyc files fail the decompilation. Honestly, I don't rly understand what this tool does. I remember using it ever since it unlocked conditions, or hidden variable I couldn't see when I used URM. And I think the rpa thingy let me see the imgs...
So yeah if smn could explain it in a real simple manner...

THX

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I may sound dumb but I have to know... Is it normal that in almost 80% - 90% of the games I play. Most of the rpyc files fail the decompilation. Honestly, I don't rly understand what this tool does. I remember using it ever since it unlocked conditions, or hidden variable I couldn't see when I used URM. And I think the rpa thingy let me see the imgs...
So yeah if smn could explain it in a real simple manner...

THX
If the .rpy is already extracted, the decompilation of .rpycs will fail by default. If something else is happening it's something on your end and more information would be needed to figure out what the issue is.

Reactions: Johan_0000

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
If the .rpy is already extracted, the decompilation of .rpycs will fail by default. If something else is happening it's something on your end and more information would be needed to figure out what the issue is.
Oh ok thx. I didn't know abt it, the "fail" word rly misleaded me. Maybe my laptop is also a prblm it is kinda old and running on an old os.
Would be great to have like in one of its previous vers. the :
"random nb" files succesfull
"random nb" failed
"random nb" alrdy decompiled (I may have added this part, I don't rly remember how it was)

I liked it

THX

Reactions: yoyomistro

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Game Trouble at Home
The screens file was broken during extraction.
Could you attach the zip'ed rpyc files of the game? I'll take a look then.

Unren forall v9.4 unable to decompile rpas on this one:
Yeah, thats right.
Manipulated rpa header for this one, so unren cannot deal with it:
Your games "Indecent Wife Hana: Gravure's" RPA header:sdfgsdfg00000000009ba1a5 42424242
The first 8 should look like this (Original Ren'Py):RPA-3.0 0000000000592fed 42424242

You need a customized version of a rpa unpacker tool to get them unpacked.

Last edited:
Reactions: yoyomistro

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Stifler's Mom
I cannot say if your error comes from something on your side (sys cfg or wrong usage) or if its a problem with unren_for_all. Its because i cannot test it in linux as its a windows version.

However in unrpyc v1.3.0 with python 2 i could test with your files and they decompiled there cleanly:
Bash:
olli@tty3*blue $ python2 /home/olli/Code/rpy_tools/unrpyc/unrpyc-1.3.0/unrpyc.py /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/
Decompiling /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/script_s1ep3.rpyc to /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/script_s1ep3.rpy...
Decompiling /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/script_s1ep2.rpyc to /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/script_s1ep2.rpy...
Decompiling /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/script_s1ep1.rpyc to /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/script_s1ep1.rpy...
Decompiling /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/bonus_s1ep3.rpyc to /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/bonus_s1ep3.rpy...
Decompiling /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/variables.rpyc to /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/variables.rpy...
Decompiling /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/bonus_s1ep2.rpyc to /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/bonus_s1ep2.rpy...
Decompiling /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/screens.rpyc to /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/screens.rpy...
Decompiling /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/bonus_s1ep1.rpyc to /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/bonus_s1ep1.rpy...
Decompiling /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/gui.rpyc to /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/gui.rpy...
Decompiling /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/pre_script.rpyc to /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/pre_script.rpy...
Decompiling /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/script.rpyc to /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/script.rpy...
Decompiling /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/options.rpyc to /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/options.rpy...
Decompiling /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/unren-rollback.rpyc to /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/unren-rollback.rpy...
Decompiling /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/unren-skip.rpyc to /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/unren-skip.rpy...
Decompiling /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/unren-quick.rpyc to /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/unren-quick.rpy...
Decompiling /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/unren-console.rpyc to /home/olli/Downloads/rpyc/unren-console.rpy...
Decompilation of 16 script files successful
You need to ask the the unren dev VepsrP if he knows more about this issue.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
For people interested in the Unrpyc decompiler i just dropping the news:
v2.0.1 (Ren'Py 8+, Py3) and v1.3.1 (Ren'Py 6+7, Py2) was released. Several bug fixes and improvements. (v2 got 25 commits and v1 got 11 since last version)

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
I tried unren for all and used the decompile option. It "worked" but the game threw an error when I opened up the save screen. Seems like the decompiled screens.rpy file didnt translate properly. Is this a known issue?

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes