Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Unren GUI does not work at all. It just says it is not a Renpy but it is.. use the manual bat and it works fine. That GUI is totally broken.

Second thing even if it worked it's really junk right now. I need a way to copy and paste the folder directory into it from my Windows Explorer this selecting game folder through the tree structure is a really bad method to use.

1. Says game is not Renpy
2. Folder selection is awful method
Name a game that produces such an error. The program can accurately identify games on this engine by the presence of the necessary folders inside, such as "renpy" and "lib".

Reactions: yoyomistro

asdhgijlbcvjlwaEF

Feb 22, 2024
If you find a mistake in some game, then write down its name so that I can check. As for adopting the decisions of the original author, I will do so later.
sry, my bad. i check the trace lastweek, not the same error. 9.4 did decompiled. it seems function call lost args。not sure if the unren cause the problem.
game is Agent17, version 0.23.0

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
It can be decompiled normally, but it always shows this error after decompilation.
game:https://f95zone.to/threads/13488/
View attachment 3391054
I haven't touched this title in quite a while, but with issues like this it means either a new variable was added later in the game's life and not properly declared to show up on older saves, or was added at some point before where your save showed up for one path and not for another. In these situations you can just look at the value of the variable where you run into the exception, and open up the console and type sleep_girl = True or False; whichever is called for. Or if it's some other value type that.

This is likely not the fault of the tool, but the developer; a lot of these can slide by when the title is packed because if the developer mode is disabled and the game is packed Ren'py is supposed to ignore a lot of errors. My guess is that it does that to provide a seamless play experience despite issues existing.

sry, my bad. i check the trace lastweek, not the same error. 9.4 did decompiled. it seems function call lost args。not sure if the unren cause the problem.
Hmm, I downloaded this update, but I had decided I was going to put this title on the shelf for a while due to the pathing changes the dev is implementing. I don't like when that many paths are in a title so I was going to wait until they were all pretty far along in the game and then try to mod it to merge them; the downside being the title is in Korean and it uses the native translate tool in Ren'py so any modding would break it and I'd have to export the translation to a dictionary or JSON...

I might take a look at this earlier if maybe ChatGPT can assist in exporting the translation to a format that won't break the game.

Last edited:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I haven't touched this title in quite a while, but with issues like this it means either a new variable was added later in the game's life and not properly declared to show up on older saves, or was added at some point before where your save showed up for one path and not for another. In these situations you can just look at the value of the variable where you run into the exception, and open up the console and type sleep_girl = True or False; whichever is called for. Or if it's some other value type that.
Nah, just some new(or maybe I've just never met anyone like that) label like function.

kklyh

Jun 24, 2017
Are you sure you used the latest version of the tool? look at what is on the 98th line of this file. There should be something like sleep(sleep_girl, sleep_room=hero.bedroom):
yes,I found the old version this line is: label sleep(sleep_girl=None): now I changed it to: label sleep(sleep_girl=None, sleep_room=hero.bedroom):

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
yes,I found the old version this line is: label sleep(sleep_girl=None): now I changed it to: label sleep(sleep_girl=None, sleep_room=hero.bedroom):
It still seems to me that the version of the tool you are using is not the latest. I started decompilation with both the release version and what I use in development, the files are decompiled correctly everywhere and line 98 is displayed correctly.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
During the launch and a little progress through the game, I did not encounter any errors. However, I have version 0.23.6, which was available on the page. If errors pop up during the progress, I need screenshots of the messages.

kklyh

Jun 24, 2017
It still seems to me that the version of the tool you are using is not the latest. I started decompilation with both the release version and what I use in development, the files are decompiled correctly everywhere and line 98 is displayed correctly.
emmm...I'm using version 9.4 which I downloaded yesterday.It's good to get the problem fixed now.

LeRoy2299

Feb 23, 2022
it can't locate archives. they are in game folder....

Creating rpatool...

Remove RPA archives after extraction?
Enter (y/n):n
+ RPA archives won't be deleted

Searching for RPA packages
There are no archives in the game folder.

Cleaning up temporary files...

----------------------------------------------------

Finished!

Enter "1" to go back to the menu, or any other
key to exit:

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
it can't locate archives. they are in game folder....

Creating rpatool...

Remove RPA archives after extraction?
Enter (y/n):n
+ RPA archives won't be deleted

Searching for RPA packages
There are no archives in the game folder.

Cleaning up temporary files...

----------------------------------------------------

Finished!

Enter "1" to go back to the menu, or any other
key to exit:
And the name of the game? Maybe there are no archives in the game at all, because the engine itself is looking for them and there should be no such problems

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Ren'Py - Raven [Segment 03] [Midnight Stories] | F95zone
Ren'Py - Mad Adventure [v0.8] [MorbusGreaves] | F95zone
both have rpa in the game folders. Just used game resources viewer to check for what I needed. but unren said on both games the same
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Check the path to the games, there may be special characters that interfere with the operation of the tool.

LeRoy2299

Feb 23, 2022
checked it. The paths are C:\Games\Raven and C:\Games\MadAdventure

will download unren again, maybe this will help

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes