Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
So you just bypassed the lack of properties of the paraminfo...
Yeah, i stayed simply in the old system because they change the new all the time like i said up there. This tires me.
...legacy, it's support for old unrecompiled scripts, which is exactly what I dislike most about RenPy.
I see where you're coming from. Agreed. And instead of making a clean cut, the RenPy devs ride since two years or more this dead Py2-horse with the 7.5.x - 7.7.x versions.
smh-shake-head.gif
...the "at transform" component (file - sl2decompiler.py , function - print_keywords_and_children ... This stuff doesn't work properly...
I thought so too something is not right there. This settles it. GAH!
on my GitHub, the unrpyc-2.0 project.
Huh? Cannot find this. But sounds VERY interesting!
Edit: Found it.

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Twistty

NoNamedCoomer

Jul 2, 2023
My mod supports only Windows
I think you should edit OP, because you can run powershell scripts on GNU/Linux and MacOS too. Just need to install it and that's it. Much easier than trying to fuck around with installation python2 on some distos
I use Arch Linux btw

Reactions: VepsrP

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
I think you should edit OP, because you can run powershell scripts on GNU/Linux and MacOS too. Just need to install it and that's it. Much easier than trying to fuck around with installation python2 on some distos
I use Arch Linux btw
You are the first Linux user who does this, everyone else is asking to make a special version for their platform. Plus, I can't guarantee that everything will work on Linux or mac, so I'd rather leave it as it is.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Just dropping the info and some thoughts:
RenPy 8.2.x / 7.7.x is officially out two days ago.

I guess in a few weeks will the number of games on this engine version increase and with all the changes in RenPy, will be fruitless try's to decompile with incompatible unrpyc/unren versions. So i expect again some posts and cry`s about this etc. I don't know if VepsrP catched all changes in his last unrpyc embed but we will see.

If someone wants to take a look which future changes for decompiler compatiblity are lurking out there, here is a nice little link:
Have fun! :WutFace:

Last edited:

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Hi, I can't unpack the game archive via UnRen-forall 9.1
"script_version.txt" lists the game as version (7, 1, 1).
Yeah, correct.
FYI: If you look at his terminal screen it shows as part of the error u'.\\{SOME_THING_BLA}' This 'u mean its a unicode issue(file encoding type stuff), what means py2, what means OLD, what means compatibility problems. So it's mostly a good bet to try a older app version(here unren).

Some of you know this already, so please don't be offended.

• Yay, new update!

GioBol

Engaged Member
May 19, 2021

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017

timanuk

Nov 15, 2017
Try some other Unren from this collection I have collected over time.

I have been a translator for almost two years and I use this tool daily
unfortunately it didn't work

n the second game, try to remove the square brackets in the folder name. As for the first and third, I'll see what I can do after I get back from work.
Thank you, the Myth game scripts have been successfully decompiled.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Hi, it's me again.
I've found 3 games where I can't decompile the .rpyc files.

Jeanne at the Clock Tower ~Jeanne a la tour d’horloge~
Sona-Nyl of the Violet Shadows ~What Beautiful Memories~
Myth [Circletempo]

UnRen-forall.bat and UnRen-old.bat don't work. :unsure:
"Jeanne at the Clock Tower" is decompiled. As for "Sona-Nyl of the Violet Shadows" - there is too much proprietary code, plus a conflict with "Jeanne at the Clock Tower", it is not possible to decompile both games with the same version of the tool.

Reactions: yoyomistro

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Version 9.2 decompiled only a small part of the scripts in the scenario folder.

Okay, well, thanks for trying to help anyway.
Really?:unsure: I even started the game and went through it a little bit.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
The game will work anyway, even with undecompiled scripts. But I need decompiled script files for further translation of the game.
You can check it out. Both games are now working. I can only wish you good luck with the translation. The developer did some shit with the game engine.

Reactions: yoyomistro
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes