• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tool Ren'Py UnRenGUI, UnRen-forall(v9.4), UnRen-Powershell-forall(v9.4), UnRen-old

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
When I try to decompile the Game

Love Sex happens this

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\alber\Downloads\Compressed\love-sex-second-base-win-linux-23.11.0a-full\LoSeSb-23.11.0a-pc_itchio\rpatool.py", line 119, in <module>
with open(os.path.join(output, outfile), 'wb') as file:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '.\\ch/harems_full/office/ev2/foursome_audreyfuck_lavish_shiori/audrey/office_foursome_audreyfuck_lavish_shiori_piercings_vaginal_big_audrey_clit.webp'

Cleaning up temporary files...
Please give a more correct name of the game.

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
When I try to decompile the Game

Love Sex happens this

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\alber\Downloads\Compressed\love-sex-second-base-win-linux-23.11.0a-full\LoSeSb-23.11.0a-pc_itchio\rpatool.py", line 119, in <module>
with open(os.path.join(output, outfile), 'wb') as file:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '.\\ch/harems_full/office/ev2/foursome_audreyfuck_lavish_shiori/audrey/office_foursome_audreyfuck_lavish_shiori_piercings_vaginal_big_audrey_clit.webp'

Cleaning up temporary files...
I just unpacked the game without any problems. The only assumption is that the file name is too long. Try to shorten the names of the folders containing the game. There is usually a restriction on the full file name, which contains the entire path from the root of the disk. You have at least one extra folder with the name of the game.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I do not have it
Your game path is much longer than it could be. Here is what your post before shows as the path:
C:\Users\alber\Downloads\Compressed\love-sex-second-base-win-linux-23.11.0a-full
\LoSeSb-23.11.0a-pc_itchio

You might consider shortening this by (1) removing a "Compressed" folder unless you feel you really need it; and (2) changing the name of both folders of the game. You can rename them so they aren't nearly so long. Maybe something more like this:
C:\Users\alber\Downloads\Love-Sex-2nd-Base\LSSB-23.11.0a-pc

That would be more reasonable, shrinking the length of things by 47 characters (36 if you keep the Compressed folder). Also, it still should tell you things like the game name and its version number.

Reactions: Twistty

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017

Gagge89

Apr 24, 2020
Hi, I tried on many games released recently (last 10-15 days) and I realized that it is not possible to Decompile rpyc...the Unren executable crashes without decompiling any file and leaving the following files and folders in the base folder :
- "decomp.cab"
- a "decompiler" folder
- "decomp.cab.tmp"
- "unrpyc.py"
and finally the log file that I attach.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Can you solve it? Because I think something has changed in how they make games that conflicts with these versions of UnRen.

A thousand thanks!

VepsrP

Modder
Dec 13, 2017
Hi, I tried on many games released recently (last 10-15 days) and I realized that it is not possible to Decompile rpyc...the Unren executable crashes without decompiling any file and leaving the following files and folders in the base folder :
- "decomp.cab"
- a "decompiler" folder
- "decomp.cab.tmp"
- "unrpyc.py"
and finally the log file that I attach.

Can you solve it? Because I think something has changed in how they make games that conflicts with these versions of UnRen.

A thousand thanks!
Can you clarify which games were used? also check for parentheses and other special characters in the path, not all of them are processed correctly.

GioBol

Engaged Member
May 19, 2021
It also happened to me on several games, even older ones, with version 16, but I discovered that Unren doesn't accept spaces in the paths, so moving e:\Temp to a folder and decompiling it worked.
Other older Unren don't have this problem because they need to be copied into the rootgame

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
For all the people with version issues, there is a file in every Ren'py game called "script_version.txt" if it's 7.3.5 or older or 7.4.11 sometimes (rarely though), you should use an older version of Ren'py. Sometimes, the dev will copy the version.txt forward and it will be incorrect. In that case, start the game and the log.txt generated in the top level folder will have the correct version on the 3rd line. This information is conveyed in the OP, please read before asking the same question that has been asked over and over.

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
does not decompile .rpyc

https://f95zone.to/threads/attack-on-survey-corps-v0-16-0-astronut.93986/

error
if paraminfo.extrapos:
AttributeError: 'Signature' object has no attribute 'extrapos'

renpy 8.2.0
Ya it had a lot of errors.
A huge amount actually!!!

The - Doesn't even have the SDK listed there for Ren'Py 8.2.0 yet? (Officially).
Just the Ren'Py 8.2.0 "64bit Sensation" Pre-Release, updated on January 23, 2024.
Considering that was yesterday, and a Pre-Release - it might be awhile before a solution is found?

Ps. I wonder if it's the causing the errors?
It is a software development library for text shaping, which is the process of converting Unicode text to glyph indices and positions.

Last edited:

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
if paraminfo.extrapos:
AttributeError: 'Signature' object has no attribute 'extrapos'
Ren'Py 8.2.0 "64bit Sensation" Pre-Release...
---
Ps. I wonder if it's the causing the errors?
Nah. Simple. You cited it from renpy, i did also from you.
And on renpy.org above the "pre-release" button is a text where clearly stated is for what such a version is and what not to do with it.

Also true for the 8.2.x is, the renpy devs fucked just the engine code with some changes up again. Makes the decompiler incompatible for now.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes