Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

egopassion

Aug 21, 2021
I found a solution. Find in the lib directory the windows directory that contains the phython.exe file and modify this line in the UnRen.bat file.
set "pythondir=%currentdir%lib\py3-windows-x86_64\"
I tried to do as you say. I found the folder I was looking for, but there was no "UnRen.bat file." but I found the file "unren.log" inside there was the following line "pythondir=D:\???????\MotherNTRTraining-Episode04-pc\lib\lib\" I replaced the question marks with "%currentdir%lib\py3 -windows-x86_64\" the result was pythondir=D:\%currentdir%lib\py3-windows-x86_64\MotherNTRTraining-Episode04-pc\lib\lib\ and so on in several more lines. But nothing worked out. The program still outputs:
"Cannot locate python.exe, unable to continue.
Are you sure we're in the game's root or game directory?

Press any key to exit..."
Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
You edited the log file? What for?
The batch file is what you have to change (The batch file is the one you double click to start unren).

The question marks could mean that you are using a directory with non standard characters which are displayed incorrectly in the log file.

egopassion

Aug 21, 2021
You edited the log file? What for?
The batch file is what you have to change, if you have to change anything at all.
(The batch file is the one you double click to start unren).

The question marks could mean that you are using a directory with non standard characters. Should work anyway, the log file is just not being written in Ansi not being read in the right encoding.
I was just trying to find the file I needed, and this one had the same name as the one I needed) The main thing is that I solved my problem, so to hell with this file

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I was just trying to find the file I needed, and this one had the same name as the one I needed) The main thing is that I solved my problem, so to hell with this file
It's just a log file anyway, it has no function other than telling you what has been done.

JFI: There can't be two files with the same name in the same directory, one was called "xyz.log", the other one "xyz.bat". Windows hiding extensions by default is a pain. Turning them on is the first thing I do after every installation.

Reactions: ahahlberg
Apr 18, 2022

I had originally created this script for myself, but I've decided to clean it up a bit and release it for everyone. You can extract RPA archives (using built in ), decompile RPYC files (using built in ), enable the console and developer menu for Ren'Py games and more. The intent of this tool is to remain a simple, no-nonsense utility for accessing Ren'Py game content, current and past.

No dependencies, no internet connection required. You can right click->edit to see the source! Works on Windows 7, 8 and 10, but XP and Vista can be supported too (see "Known Issues" section.)

There are other tools which do similar things, for your consideration:
Thread updated: 2023-06-14

Instructions:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Known Issues - Feel free to report in the thread if you encounter any issues or bugs:
Contributions:
Change Log:

Download
Unren-1.0.11d
Thank you so much

ktemanuel

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2019
Hello I have a question I am using the latest version of unren but when I unzip the game I get .rpyc files which I can not unzip to generate a translation. Is there any way to unzip that to be able to translate?
The process I do is to select option 1 and then option 2 but it does not generate the .rpy files.

cbsx

May 4, 2020
It's almost as if there would be more information in the command prompt window or .log file... :unsure:

:Kappa:

cbsx

May 4, 2020
Somebody please add the deletion of the "/lib/python3.9/multiprocessing" directory to the known issues in the first post... so many people unable to read the thread apparently.

Nemesis0101

Apr 12, 2021
Hey so, I need some help here. I run into this problem when trying to decompile the rpyc for a game with UnRen-1.0.11b.bat, I get:
TypeError: 'getattr' object is not capable

hungchip

Feb 19, 2022
Search the thread for 'multiprocessing' and you shall find the solution to your problem ...
Hint: It's not UnRen that is faulty ;)
Thank you very much. It seems like the application developer intentionally created this error to make it difficult for us to use unrenbat. I just need to delete those 2 files from the folder. Unren is back in action.

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes