Tool Ren'Py UnRen.bat v1.0.11d - RPA Extractor, RPYC Decompiler, Console/Developer Menu Enabler

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Sorry for the pointless question, but does anyone know why UnRen doesn't have Python as a dependency? It's not a compiled executable just a batch file. It says unrpyc and rpatool are encoded strings joined in powershell but I don't really understand how that works or how that makes it not require Python.

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
I'm sure there's some batch image converter program you could find through google. If not you could try installing the codec this guy mentioned on the
Thanks a lot.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
Sorry for the pointless question, but does anyone know why UnRen doesn't have Python as a dependency? It's not a compiled executable just a batch file. It says unrpyc and rpatool are encoded strings joined in powershell but I don't really understand how that works or how that makes it not require Python.
The Python executable comes bundled with renpy, so unren uses that.

Reactions: Maid Lain

rebo

Apr 9, 2018
I keep getting this error every time I try to extract a rpa file from this one game

"The given file is not a valid Ren\'py archive, or an unsupported version"

It uses the latest version of Renpy as well.

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I keep getting this when i try to run, please help.
Difficult to say since you blured you nickname on the computer, but I'll go for "none ASCII character in the path". It should have very basic characters (A-Z, -, _ and that's almost all).

"The given file is not a valid Ren\'py archive, or an unsupported version"

It uses the latest version of Renpy as well.
The fact that you use latest version of Ren'py doesn't mean that it's the case for the game. A lot of them are using a very old version of Ren'py and for some it's a version so old that, their RPA files are hard to handle. But normally rpatool (used by unren.bat) is the tool which works the best with older versions.
What's the game which give you this error ?

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
I keep getting this when i try to run, please help.
Make shure you have , then create a C:\Games\ or D:\Games\ folder and move the game directory in it. It's a very good idea to keep all your games in C:\Games\ or D:\Games\ if you have it to save yourselves a lot of problems in the future.

in case you need them.

Last edited:
Reactions: bacchusplateau

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
Powershell is installed as default in all win 10 systems
If you are using Win 10 then its been either removed easy to check or as @Sam says you have erroneous code
Easy to reinstall and it can get fucked up over time and the registry can get corrupted
BTW thanks again @Sam for outstanding script

rebo

Apr 9, 2018
The fact that you use latest version of Ren'py doesn't mean that it's the case for the game. A lot of them are using a very old version of Ren'py and for some it's a version so old that, their RPA files are hard to handle. But normally rpatool (used by unren.bat) is the tool which works the best with older versions.
What's the game which give you this error ?
It works fine for the most part for the rpyc files (although it's not perfect as some features stop working when extracted). However, for rpa files, it doesn't extract anything.

Also, I meant that the actual game uses the latest version of renpy.

Last edited:

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
You won't be able to extract them using UnRen, the author will have to implement support for the new protection algorithm used by the game authors.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
This is the game that's giving me this error.

It works fine for the most part for the rpyc files (although it's not perfect as some features stop working when extracted). However, for rpa files, it doesn't extract anything.

Also, I meant that the actual game uses the latest version of renpy.
So, first thing, it don't use the lastest version of Ren'py, but the 6.99.13 (Ren'py is at the 6.99.14.3). This said, it's a detail. Now for your problems...

The RPA files, it's not a regular RPA format (The file sig say ALT-1.0, but I found nothing). There's no mention of an update regarding the RPA format in the Ren'py changelog (but it's usual that most of the change aren't reported in it).
Finally, for the RPYC things, it's normal, the game have user defined statement, and unrpyc don't know how to deal with them.

Edit: Alright, the ALT-1.0 format was firstly implemented in 6.99.13, it don't really differ but like @gue5t said, it still have to be added in rpatool.

Last edited:

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
I don't think ALT-1.0 is official, more like a mod added on to a beta version of Ren'Py v6.99.13 ...
If I remember correctly this isn't the first game using it that I've seen.
It's not so different (header values switch + extraKey) so it shouldn't be a problem to implement:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Not a problem. Thank you so much for replying back to me.
I don't think ALT-1.0 is official, more like a mod added on to a beta version of Ren'Py v6.99.13 ...
I just took a look at the 6.99.14.3, and effectively there's no trace of the ALT-1.0, so apparently Thomas removed it. This said, I just made a fast update to rpatool which handle this format.
If @Sam want to use it for unren, or if you need to unRPA file in this format, just DL the attached archive. (Warning, in stand alone like this, it will need Python installed)

WARNING it's an unofficial release and like I have no github account, I can't make it an official commit.

Reactions: ShadowFTL and gue5t

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
I just took a look at the 6.99.14.3, and effectively there's no trace of the ALT-1.0, so apparently Thomas removed it. This said, I just made a fast update to rpatool which handle this format.
If @Sam want to use it for unren, or if you need to unRPA file in this format, just DL the attached archive. (Warning, in stand alone like this, it will need Python installed)

WARNING it's an unofficial release and like I have no github account, I can't make it an official commit.
If I remember correctly this isn't the first game using it that I've seen.
It's not so different (header values switch + extraKey) so it shouldn't be a problem to implement:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If either of you could submit a pull request to the rpatool repo that would be awesome, I'm reluctant to implement a custom rpatool version in UnRen without the changes being on github as that would reduce transparency.

NSoull

Mar 2, 2017
I can't do it. I can't unpack the rpa files no matter what.

I keep getting the "can't find _rpatool.py" error.
There is no non-unicode character in my directory. It is C:\Users\myname\Downloads\R\Rogue\game
I tired putting it on the desktop and it got the same result.

I am running it as admin.

I even tried putting a _rpatool.py from 2 posts above mine, but the program just automatically deletes it and gives me thhe same error. What am I doing wrong?

The game is Rogue-like.

Reactions: Dark563

gue5t

Sep 11, 2016
Create a \Games\ folder and move the game directory in it. It's a very good idea to keep all your games in C:\Games\ or D:\Games\ if you have it to save yourselves a lot of problems in the future. Using a folder in C:\Users\... or C:\Program File... leads to many problems even when you try to run tools as admin.

If this doesn't help provide a screenshot of the window with the error message and the version of your OS.

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes