Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.1.4] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
i tried that on clockwork poison game, shift+M worked...but it didnot show any variables.. it ried to print money etc if that was a search but found nothing

Reactions: Psyros

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
i tried that on clockwork poison game, shift+M worked...but it didnot show any variables.. it ried to print money etc if that was a search but found nothing
Did you try searching by value? As in the "values search" example here.

konabwo

Engaged Member
Sep 19, 2020
Did you try searching by value? As in the "values search" example here.
by value - no, just used money/cash etc words...
because of picture attached i expected that variables will be auto-extracted and shown as a list...

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
by value - no, just used money/cash etc words...
because of picture attached i expected that variables will be auto-extracted and shown as a list...
Yes, variables will be shown in a list, but a developer of a game chooses the variable names. money or cash would make sense, but it could be anything.
If you for example have 250 money, search for the value 250, you should be able to find the variable name.

torti74

Mar 31, 2019
Well done Sir. This is an amazing mod.
Normally i use unren to enable the debug and dev console, to list and change variables/values.
With your mod and esp the watch panel makes playing much more easier.

When I try to edit an urm file to sort the entries of the remembered variables this won't go.
How can I sort them?

Reactions: Darklord_1965

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Well done Sir. This is an amazing mod.
Normally i use unren to enable the debug and dev console, to list and change variables/values.
With your mod and esp the watch panel makes playing much more easier.

When I try to edit an urm file to sort the entries of the remembered variables this won't go.
How can I sort them?
Thank you for your kind words.

Sorting variables isn't possible yet, but it's on my todo list.

Reactions: Darklord_1965

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Just asume i want to build my own Gallerymod for a game that dont have one. Is it necessary for me to play the complete game and search the game for ever little scene, or is there a other way to find the scenes?

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Just asume i want to build my own Gallerymod for a game that dont have one. Is it necessary for me to play the complete game and search the game for ever little scene, or is there a other way to find the scenes?
Playing through the game and saving all scenes would be the easiest way.
Another option is searching for labels, but this would only work if "important" scenes have recognizable labels.

You made me think. Maybe it's an idea for me to make it possible to browse through all labels while showing the first image for each label. But most of the time there are a lot of labels and the first image rarely shows the action you're looking for.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Playing through the game and saving all scenes would be the easiest way.
Thats for me the usual way to, but works only reliable on completed game. Many games mess up the saves and they are useless.

The game i was thinking about was Babysitter, and thought of a mod for this game haunts me for ages. The problem is, i have absolutly no clue about renpy and no idea how to beginn with such a task. I have taken a look in the renpy docs but even there i dont know what i must search to get startet...

dav121

Oct 13, 2016
Does the menu appear in the game or do you have to use some keys to bring it up

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Doesn't work with summertime saga, it gives me error messages every time a character speaks. :(
Thank you for reporting this. I fixed the issue you mentioned.
Unfortunately there is another very strange issue with Summertime Saga (that makes URM unusable). For some reason viewports (scrollable content) behave very strange in this game, I'm still trying to figure out why this is happening.

May 25, 2017
i got this error from urm removed it and restarted the game and the error is gone

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
TypeError: _m1_URM_textrepl__sayFilter() got an unexpected keyword argument 'what_size'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "telephone.rpyc", line 484, in script
File "D:\Updated\Chaixas Games\CURVY_COUGARS_STREET-1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 708, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "D:\Updated\Chaixas Games\CURVY_COUGARS_STREET-1.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1340, in say
args, kwargs = renpy.config.say_arguments_callback(who, *args, **kwargs)
TypeError: _m1_URM_textrepl__sayFilter() got an unexpected keyword argument 'what_size'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
CURVY COUGARS STREET 1.0
Wed Dec 09 17:47:59 2020

Reactions: 0x52

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
i got this error from urm removed it and restarted the game and the error is gone

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "telephone.rpyc", line 484, in script
File "D:\Updated\Chaixas Games\CURVY_COUGARS_STREET-1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 708, in execute
renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
File "D:\Updated\Chaixas Games\CURVY_COUGARS_STREET-1.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1340, in say
args, kwargs = renpy.config.say_arguments_callback(who, *args, **kwargs)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
CURVY COUGARS STREET 1.0
Wed Dec 09 17:47:59 2020
Thank you for reporting the issue. I wasn't able to reproduce it, but I've updated the mod with a possible fix.
Please try the new version (0.6.2) and let me know if it helps.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
URM 0.7 is here!
Download in the OP

It took me a lot more time than anticipated, but URM now supports searching and modifying lists, dicts and objects!
Some additional changes:
  • Added option to delete variables (use with caution)
  • Moved search options to "search type" dialog
  • Small GUI improvements
  • Fix: Possible crash when text tags are used in a value
  • Fix: Scale last seen label in watchpanel
  • Fix: Ability to edit float variables

A small demo video:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
This utility just keeps getting better and better.

I can't count the number of games in which I've used it to alter game flow and variables (or save my ass from a stupid mistake made earlier in the game).

Great job, 0x52!!

• Love
Reactions: 0x52

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
0x52 With the latest version I'm getting errors when trying to change integer values. This has happened in several games now, and happens within either the main interface or in the watch-panel. Opening the console shows this line after it fails, ("elly_love" being the game variable I am trying to change in my example):

0x52: Couldn't set value for elly_love. 'URMVar' object has no attribute 'isInt'

Using the previous version of URM works without error.

Reactions: Belzeebub$ and 0x52

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
0x52 With the latest version I'm getting errors when trying to change integer values. This has happened in several games now, and happens within either the main interface or in the watch-panel. Opening the console shows this line after it fails, ("elly_love" being the game variable I am trying to change in my example):

0x52: Couldn't set value for elly_love. 'URMVar' object has no attribute 'isInt'

Using the previous version of URM works without error.
Thank you for reporting. Fixed it.
I've changed a lot of code for 0.7 and accidentally introduced this issue. :oops:

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes