Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.1.4] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
can i use this as a walkthrough mod for any game if yes how thank you
It's not a walkthrough mod, but can be used as a cheat mod. If you use this in combination with UnRen, you can usually find the system variables that can be edited to, for example, give you more love or relationship points, money, inventory items, etc.

• Love
Reactions: 0x52 and zobiku

ComixFan

Apr 15, 2019
Very interesting... Is this a replacement for a Gallery Mod? Sounds like you'd still need a good understanding of what the variables do. Usually I use to use Unren.bat and AON then change money, skills, etc stats. In the old days I could use a Dir command to view all the variables, but on some Ren'Py VN's I'd get one page then nothing else.

On Summertime Saga the Dev would warn against changing MC stats using console because it would break the game. Eventually he added cheat/max stats option to continue the game from last release. I was sure if he was just really crappy programming for Ren'Py or it's really hard to do right. I mean his game is still friggin' letter box for Christsakes! For $68k a month it should be Perfect! Sorry just venting, that guy is such a milk-er. Thanks

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
Very interesting... Is this a replacement for a Gallery Mod? Sounds like you'd still need a good understanding of what the variables do. Usually I use to use Unren.bat and AON then change money, skills, etc stats. In the old days I could use a Dir command to view all the variables, but on some Ren'Py VN's I'd get one page then nothing else.
No, it's not a replacement for a Gallery mod, either. If you use UnRen and option 3, then Shift-D to get to the developer console, you can view the system variables there. If you also use URM it's a lot easier to keep track of those variables dynamically with the "watch" feature in it, and adjust them as you see fit. (I think using the console from UnRen is awkward, personally.) But you're right about being careful with your edits, some games will break if you change variable values.

• Love
Reactions: 0x52

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019

On Summertime Saga the Dev would warn against changing MC stats using console because it would break the game. Eventually he added cheat/max stats option to continue the game from last release. I was sure if he was just really crappy programming for Ren'Py or it's really hard to do right. I mean his game is still friggin' letter box for Christsakes! For $68k a month it should be Perfect! Sorry just venting, that guy is such a milk-er. Thanks
You could use URM to create a gallery mod. While playing through the game you could use URM to remember scenes and save those. And if you share this URM file others could enjoy your gallery.

As for you comment on breaking games by changing variables. Software is never 100% bug free and developers shouldn't have to take into account that variables could change from outside their own code. On the other hand, I would take this into account. It's good practice to also take those unexpected values into consideration, because if you don't you could accidentally break you own code at some point. Or something unexpected could break your code.
I've looked at a lot of Ren'Py code (not talking about Summertime Sage, I haven't checked this code) and there is a lot of really bad coding in a lot of Ren'Py games, but is this really a problem? A game is a lot more then some coding, but I think renders and dialogue are more important in this context. I wouldn't expect someone to be brilliant at 3D modelling, script writing and coding. Those are completely different skills.

Last edited:

Boobgobbler

Aug 8, 2019
for the average nut who plays eroge, this is very awesome (and time saving!)
- all that's left is to figure out the different ..whatchamacallit..... inputs, for the various games - but hey, better than nothing when we're stuck.

-- thanks a huge bunch, verily appreciated :)

• Love
Reactions: 0x52

TIKM

Nov 2, 2020
Hello I have a question

I had downloaded some Universal Ren'Py Mod from the list you've recommended

My Universal Ren'Py Mod aren't working :<

I would like you to help me install

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hello I have a question

I had downloaded some Universal Ren'Py Mod from the list you've recommended

My Universal Ren'Py Mod aren't working :<

I would like you to help me install
I don't understand what you mean.
You can download the file from the first post and extract the one file from inside the zip to your game folder.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Universal Ren'Py Mod

. Screenshots are of '' Shift+M ( aren't working )
That's the wrong folder. You should put it inside the folder called "game".
1604343515425.png

Volodymyr_RO

Nov 3, 2020
Hi esm pls help!
1>)
1.jpg
2>)
2.jpg

3>) just installed Universal Ren'Py Mod and the mod and am getting an error code

642068_BCP_error.png

Last edited:

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hi esm pls help!
1>)
View attachment 884284
2>)
View attachment 884286

3>) just installed Universal Ren'Py Mod and the mod and am getting an error code

View attachment 884293
Could you share your log.txt file?
You don't need the BaDIK.urm file, this is for Being a DIK, not for Big City's Pleasures.

How can i open the cheat console once the mod is installed??
It's Shift+M, but if you load a game after installing URM for the first time you get a pop-up saying this.
Could you check if you log.txt file contains any lines starting with "0x52:"? If not, check if 0x52_URM.rpa is in the correct folder.

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes