Mod Ren'Py Universal Ren'Py Mod / URM [2.1.4] (mod any Ren'Py game yourself)

5.00 star(s) 33 Votes

MacDoobie

Mar 3, 2019
A text box transparency mod would be nice. Along with the ability to change the color of the font. Added bonus would be to be able to make the text box a 'balloon' that could be resized/shaped and placed anywhere on the screen.

Have not played much with this yet but it looks good so far - thanks!

Reactions: 0x52

Darklord_1965

May 12, 2020
The MOD works beautifully with all the other games I tested but doesn't seem to work with Harem Hotel. Any idea why? RenPy 7.3.2.320 is the version for Harem Hotel v10.2... Cheers and awesome MOD by the way ;) Made my games a lot more fun to play..

• Love

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
The MOD works beautifully with all the other games I tested but doesn't seem to work with Harem Hotel. Any idea why? RenPy 7.3.2.320 is the version for Harem Hotel v10.2... Cheers and awesome MOD by the way ;) Made my games a lot more fun to play..
What doesn't work? I quickly tested it on Harem Hotel and found no issues.

Darklord_1965

May 12, 2020
What doesn't work? I quickly tested it on Harem Hotel and found no issues.
OK, thanks.. I'll try it again but I cannot open the MENU with the SHIFT + M keyboard command. I'll uninstall and reinstall see if this makes a difference..

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
OK, thanks.. I'll try it again but I cannot open the MENU with the SHIFT + M keyboard command. I'll uninstall and reinstall see if this makes a difference..
Does it work when you start a new game? Is the quick menu (the menu with q.save, q.load, etc.) visible at the bottom when you're in a game?

Darklord_1965

May 12, 2020
Does it work when you start a new game? Is the quick menu (the menu with q.save, q.load, etc.) visible at the bottom when you're in a game?
I found out what I did wrong. On a NEW installation + your MOD it works perfect. When I install LAINSMOD 10.2 it stops working. I'll just use yours as it gives me more flexibility ;).. Thanks again

Observer1895

Aug 14, 2019
Hello 0x52! I play games several times to gain different experiences. I find your URM very helpful - thanks! Are there any news regarding the unsupported varibals (lists, mixed types). A setting where the URM saves are stored in a predefined directory would be great too. I regularly forget to copy my saves from the game directory.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
Hello 0x52! I play games several times to gain different experiences. I find your URM very helpful - thanks! Are there any news regarding the unsupported varibals (lists, mixed types). A setting where the URM saves are stored in a predefined directory would be great too. I regularly forget to copy my saves from the game directory.
The next release will probably add character renaming. After that I'll look into supporting more variable types.
Saving the URM-files in another location has been mentioned before. I've added it to the roadmap.

0x52

Ren'Py Magician
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2019
It's been a while since last update. This is because I've been writing a lot of code for Big City's Pleasures.

But... I have an awesome update! Version 0.6 adds character renaming (check the changelog for other small changes).
You can check this new feature in this video:

(game shown in the video is Stay True, Stay You)
So this means you can rename any character you want and replace any text (this works in dialogues and choices).

I've also added a fan signature to the second post, to help me spread the word about URM. I would very much appreciate it if you use this signature.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 33 Votes