Tutorial Tool Unity Unity Text Extractor for Reipatcher ( _AutoGeneratedTranslations.txt)

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

nescauuzinha

Jul 17, 2020
I revived two other computers here that are Windows 7 and none of them worked they all gave the same error I think maybe the program does not work on Windows 7

nescauuzinha

Jul 17, 2020
"I found something that might be interesting to know why the program doesn't open in Windows 7 I'll paste what I found below"
Description of the issue
Executables compiled on windows 10 with pyinstaller are not able to be ran on Windows 7. I think this is a huge issue, because I personally use pyinstaller to fix the need for users to have python installed, when using my open source projects. A still remarkable amount of users are on Windows 7 and this really takes the entire sense behind the story of compiling python code to executables. The only solution that works for me is compiling with python 3.8.10 (which is compatible with both versions of Windows), else I keep running into this error.

Context information (for bug reports)
  • Pyinstaller Version: 5.1
  • Version of Python: 3.10.4
  • Platform: Windows 10, Windows 7
  • How you installed Python: python.org/downloads
  • Did you also try this on another platform? Does it work there? Compiled on Windows 10, ran on Windows 7 doesn't work there but works on windows 10.
A minimal example program which shows the error
You can literally compile any code with pyinstaller on windows 10 with python 3.10.4 and try to run that compiled executable on windows 7; it'll always result in the same exact error.

Stacktrace / full error message
Error loading Python DLL \appdata\local\temp\_mei17882\python310.dll
No error messages generated.
FormatMessageW: The parameter is incorrect.
LoadLibrary: Pyinstaller: FormatMessageW failed.

I tried to find this folder \_mei17882\ in temp to put the dll in there and it doesn't exist

nescauuzinha

Jul 17, 2020
I installed windows 10 and the program "Paloslios_Unity_Text_Extractor" worked, but I've been translating the file on the site "onlinedoctranslator" for two days and it still hasn't finished translating the file... I've tried using other translators like
"deepl" for example but they don't recognize the file maybe because it's too big

Translating 173,588 from 177,727 words

edit: I'm just here reporting the occurrences for a translation I don't want to bother anyone just help ^^

Deleted member 4812744

Apr 8, 2022
I installed windows 10 and the program "Paloslios_Unity_Text_Extractor" worked, but I've been translating the file on the site "onlinedoctranslator" for two days and it still hasn't finished translating the file... I've tried using other translators like
"deepl" for example but they don't recognize the file maybe because it's too big

Translating 173,588 from 177,727 words

edit: I'm just here reporting the occurrences for a translation I don't want to bother anyone just help ^^

to use "onlinedoctranslator" you should split the text or convert .txt to .docx

try this
take the .txt file, in this case the paloslios.txt
open chrome
drag it to Chrome (in the bar)
right click translate to your lang
ctrl+a (select all)
ctrl+c (copy all)
create the .txt (Translated.txt)
open it ctrl+v (paste)
and you already have

Last edited:

nescauuzinha

Jul 17, 2020
I finally managed to make it work, after 4 days trying... I'll leave here my experience in these 4 days that I tried to do this translation in order to help someone who is having difficulty translating:

1-I downloaded AssetStudio.net472.v0.16.47.zip I did the step by step:
We will use AssetStudioGUI

-Uncheck "Show error message" in the Debug tab

-File - Load folder - and select the folder ending in _Data of the game.

-Once finished, in the "Filter Type" tab we select only MonoBehaviour

-We go to the "Export" tab and select Export - Raw - Filtered assets
It will ask us to add a location to create the MonoBehaviour folder. (I recommend using the same folder where you have my program WITHOUT SPACES IN THE PATH)
This process can take a long time depending on the game (be patient)
if you have some experience, you can select the files that interest you and shorten the times

-Once finished (we have already obtained the MonoBehaviour folder with the .dat files) you can close everything, we no longer need to extract anything else.
(I believe that no one will have problems with this part)

2-When using Paloslios_Unity_Text_Extractor I noticed that it doesn't work at all on Windows 7 (since I tested it on 4 computers with Windows 7) maybe for the reason I posted on the previous page... so I installed Windows 10 and managed to make the Paloslios_Unity_Text_Extractor program work!!!

3-Using Paloslios_Unity_Text_Extractor, I opened the program, typed f95zone, pressed the number 1 on the keyboard, extracted the .txt file called Paloslios.txt
(no problem doing that too I think everyone will be able to do it)

4-!!!THIS IS THE STEP WHICH I BELIEVE MOST WILL HAVE PROBLEM IN PATCH CREATION!!!
SPOILER: -Step 3- Create Patch
-Once the Paloslios.txt file is obtained,
we must translate it and create and add ANOTHER file with the translation in your language with the name Translated.txt to the folder where we have the program
-Open the program and select option 2 - CREATE PATCH
-The file _AutoGeneratedTranslations.txt will be created

When creating the Paloslios.txt file, several programs on the internet and even after downloading it, it does not translate into txt format, having to transfer it to docx to be recognized by the programs, the game that I was translating had 177,727 words, which transformed all extremely slow translations, I tried with several programs and several sites for translation and all of them did not translate, even converting the file to docx and carrying out the translation and then returning the file to txt, it didn't work, I believe that when some "codes" are converted they are removed causing the Paloslios_Unity_Text_Extractor not to translate because the generated file "AutoGeneratedTranslations" is blank with just the phrase (Paloslios wishes you enjoy the translation)

""""WHAT WORKED FOR ME""""
open the Paloslios.txt in the chrome search bar and let the automatic translation of the page do its job...
but the automatic translation of the page doesn't translate the whole page having to scroll the page down and check if everything is translated after a few minutes doing that I selected the whole text using "ctrl+a" then I pressed "ctrl+c" to copy I opened the notepad and gave "ctrl+v" to paste...
IMPORTANT SAVE THE FILE EXACTLY AS "Translated" otherwise the Paloslios_Unity_Text_Extractor program will not recognize it...
In the same folder you have to have the files:
Paloslios
Paloslios_Unity_Text_Extractor
Translated
after having these files in the folder I did the following step

I opened Paloslios_Unity_Text_Extractor I typed f95zone I pressed number 2 I pressed enter and I pressed enter again it generated the file _AutoGeneratedTranslations I copied this file and I went to the game folder that already had "SetupReiPatcherAndAutoTranslator" I opened this program and I opened the "patch and run" it generated the file "AutoTranslator" I opened it and I went to "Config" I changed the translation to my language:
[General]
Language=en
FromLanguage=ja
changed
[General]
Language=pt

FromLanguage=en
and I went back to the game folder and I pressed "patch and run" to create the "pt" folder (my language in question (portuguese) inside the "Translation" folder which is inside the "AutoTranslator" folder

I did the following steps auto traslator>>Translation>>pt(my language)>>text>> I pasted _AutoGeneratedTranslations>>I went back to the folder and clicked on "patch and run" and finally I had my translation

I hope I was as detailed as possible and that it wasn't confusing now I'm going to play my little game :)

I think that the future of translations in unity will be distributing the _AutoGeneratedTranslations file translated in a topic just for this in the forum, because you just have to copy it inside the tralsation folder that SetupReiPatcherAndAuto

Thank you paloslios for your help, you have to recognize your work in making these tools available that make life easier

Reactions: renato186a

nescauuzinha

Jul 17, 2020
there are a lot of things wrong in the translation in the code part, the text of the dialogues was perfect but there are a lot of things changed, for example
exit = enter (it was supposed to be written exit)
sleep = wake up (it was supposed to be written sleep)
has items named @#$saff

that is, it needs to be perfected in some translation program because using chrome's page translation ends up skipping translation lines

nescauuzinha

Jul 17, 2020
Now i can say i had the perfect translation lol
What did I do? basically what everyone had already mentioned lol

I took the Paloslios.txt file generated by Paloslios_Unity_Text_Extractor and divided it into 4 parts, opened it and another notepad and cut and pasted other parts in other notepads for the site to be able to translate apparently files around 100,000 words are not translating having to reduce the number of words, thus having to divide it into some parts depending on the number of words that the game has, having the 4 parts in hands I just joined them again being careful not to skip any lines joining perfectly and thus I had the perfect _AutoGeneratedTranslations file.

*I was going to delete the posts I made before but I think it's interesting to keep it, maybe someone has the same problems*

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes