VN Ren'Py Abandoned Unexpected Adventures [Ch. 6 July 2020 Version] [Macadam]

3.70 star(s) 10 Votes

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
@bastardo84
as i did previously (and plan to do all time). i m gonna try to answer some points of your review .

first, thank you very much for giving my game a try :), i very appreciate it.
so now, go to the points.

i have 2 readproofers who correct english for me (as my english is obviously absolute garbage XD). Did the whole text terrible ? or just some parts of it ? (all sentence ? or some typos here and there or something ?). the more infos i can have, the better i can progress.
of course, i m open for some help, soo if someone, anyone, want to help readproofing the game, you all welcome :)
( even if i got like thousand of readproofer, its always good and sure everything is good. )

i cant really say about the story. its kind of difficult to understand the whole thing. as its different from others games. its ... twisted like hell. the non sens of the story is a particular point in the game. i dont know if you find it non sens in the way the story goes, or in the way events happen. But yeah, it have non sens if its not taked differently than all the others games around.

an actual big part of the game will be redone in futur. as it was my beginning, its obviously very bad in all way. But as i mentionned before, its not a main priority for now. i prefer "completed" it before redo it. I honestly dont like when a game just stop progress and remake in middle of it. obviously, when game will be remake, it will change alots of things. not only graphically, but some scenes will be tweaked with more "life", details and else wich is a serious lack.

soo yup, terrible game for now. hope to make it way better in futur. its an important point and wont be avoided.

but i m honest to say, the game WONT be remake before its completed. i know that can sound stupid (because, "its never gonna be finished" .. yeah, that's probably what everybody think XD). but once the main story is completed (and so game "completed") i will remake lots of it, in addition of new stuff in it continuously. (adding stuff after its remake)

i guess it can be considered as a "prototype" or something. that later will be remake better.

i have no excuse, its my beginning, its shit. i try my best with low knownledge i have (and computer). i did not try to kick the top noch games around at all. just doing my small thing on my small corner. my game is obviously not for everybody and extremly NOT to be taked like all the others games.

others peoples opinions are important for me to progress :). thank you !

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
its not terrible man at all, but few things can go a mile to make it much better, parts of english just make no sense to me maybe its down to writing or translation or just idioms missing, the story really is hard to understand and follow and make no sense and yep twisted like hell, i love sarcasm and jokes but the whole story itself seem so random - this to me was the biggest issue, just working on it trimming it down putting bit more emphasis on giving the players more info would be a huge step

renderswise its fine but there are techniques to make them better, better camera angles, better character posing, better face expression none of these things require anything else but time to sit down and nail them

if its first game and first renders then its actually really good sadly once its on the f95 you got to compare them to the games that has been out for years etc just the nature of this place, and with time you will also be much better - i know it seemed like a dickish move to give you 2 stars, but a lot of the big games on this place are 3-4 stars and longer out too to keep that in mind as well

you have a solid base, change it up a bit and can be a grade or more better just working with what you have now
story turn more serious in the incoming update (and futur ones), still will have the wtf and funny/ humouristic/shitty joke on it. but will be more easy to follow if you concentrate on the main plot.

i understand that just a few things can change alots, such as light, angles and else. but well, its easy to say but harder to do . i mean... rendering take me alots of time :/ (overwise, i would have redo it already and get it way better.) that's why i prefer build all the wall before apply paint on them (if you see what i mean).

oh i know its here. And its easily compared with the biggest games around. its under devlopment for more than a year already (yeah, i progress super slow, guess that give an idea of how stupid i am XD ).

dont worry about the stars, you can even give me one and bash the game to a trash pile, i not care :). like i say, i dont make a game to fight against others. i do it for my own pleasure and i like it. giving me such informatins about how bad my game is , is for me a great way to be better and progress. that's just the way i am. i know lots of peoples would prefer great reviews with good points on them. but i prefer when its honest and it make me progress better.

but like i say, i wont remake it until its finish. as for exempl, it took me almost 3 months for the incoming update to be completed. and its "only" 602 renders or something. remake the whole game will mean remake like 2000+ renders.... wich... will take an eternity for me to be done (or precisly more than a year) . i prefer do that when players have a complete thing to play with. the wait will be better imho.
but it will be better for sure (well, i seriously hope lol).

you maybe should give it a try in futur and see the change. depend if you think it will worth it or not.

i m perfectly conscious that this move didnt favorise my game rate/opinion. its maybe a bad move. but i think its the best.
( i have peoples who pay me for this on patreon... can you believe it ?... obviously i cant let them pay for nothing but a remake that will take year to be done. they deserve new stuff and progress :D )

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
got a great idea and a prototype in WIP.

check out patreon post for more info :).

i fucking love that idea and new stuff.

Reactions: Katsumi-chan

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017

Pt Portugal ??
i cant translate it myself for sure, i have no clue on portugese XD . still, i dont know if its possible to convert the joke in portuges with keeping the puns and all ( i know its sadly not possible in french unless i change lots of things) :unsure:
This ... this here is the nutshell of translations - idioms and proverbs and figures of speech look dramatically different in every language and the whole philosophy of one language differs and so the scope and the delivery of accents and points get all too different to give any 1/1 direct translation and expect any sense out of it.

Gaming wise, please try and watch clips of up and coming movies, the playthroughs on the tubes from AAA games and identify those idioms, those phrases that deliver for the English language what French does to the Russian - clunky stark words may always soothe and get people together if they have the context.

When in doubt, please use the simple "what do you do?" - "oh ... nothing, just waiting for you" and work your dialogue with simple "Hy, I miss you" - to the great "My most procrastinated sin, the apple of my eye! Please, pretty please my tender muffin, do hug your humble loyal fan."

Happy game making!

Reactions: macadam

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
This ... this here is the nutshell of translations - idioms and proverbs and figures of speech look dramatically different in every language and the whole philosophy of one language differs and so the scope and the delivery of accents and points get all too different to give any 1/1 direct translation and expect any sense out of it.

Gaming wise, please try and watch clips of up and coming movies, the playthroughs on the tubes from AAA games and identify those idioms, those phrases that deliver for the English language what French does to the Russian - clunky stark words may always soothe and get people together if they have the context.

When in doubt, please use the simple "what do you do?" - "oh ... nothing, just waiting for you" and work your dialogue with simple "Hy, I miss you" - to the great "My most procrastinated sin, the apple of my eye! Please, pretty please my tender muffin, do hug your humble loyal fan."

Happy game making!
yup. language shield is strong sometime...
its even stronger when you put lots of work into the joke, humour and grammar. that wouldn't be a problem for standard games, as they use normal dialogs and all... but here :/ its way more complicated.

just to give a small exempl... try converting something like the quizz question :

"what happen if you step on a grape ? it let out a little wine"

that cant be translated at all in french without broking the joke on it. and its probably same in 90% of language that aren't based of english. even by using vocal pronunciation. it broke everything.

oh i would love to make the game in lots of different languages. its not too complicated to just rewrite the script in another language.
But its a insane pain in the ass to do it here. ( i know.. my fault :/ )
unless you change alots of meaning in the game (wich can easily broke the whole story sens.... if you consider that it have a bit of sens XD )

Reactions: Canto Forte

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
imho best exempl is just the 99% movie titles.
most of time, its renamed into something different from english to french and soo when you look for a movie and try to convert the title in english, it doesnt find any result XD

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The grape thing ... a funny delivery is ... the blunt "step on a grape-squiiiirt!"
Or .. the kinky -> Splush! ... goes your grape? ...Erm... You still got 2 of em? Splurghhh!

Or the joke - Can't get no wine if not stepping in some grapes!

Happy fun with words!

Remember ... all this needs preparation both before and after to linger.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
renders are done.
i m doing the script now... (jesus ! the size of the script :O)

update will be out in few days (2 or 3 big max). it have multiples choices and path (wich make it long to be done).

it doesnt containt the "chicken" scene, that will be added in a small udpate i release after. ('cause i dont want to release an super small update , soo i will do some small sandbox story in addition to it).

some path are shorter than others, depending of your choices.
choosing rochelle shemale or female wont give huge difference outside of sex scene (rochelle shemale is more naughty and hard than choose her female... sorry 'bout that, i wanted to give a try to a shemale, its first time i try that kind of character, soo i went a bit crazy with her XD), but both will have sex.
some path lead to completly wtf stuff. some lead to more serious stuff.

if... i say "if" .... i got time , i will add the interactive CGs. if i dont, it will come with chicken stuff update.

i worked my ass out for that update... its 602 renders (in iray, and lots with 4 nude chars.... pray for my computer). It can look short in some sort, because it have multiples choices.
i would recommend to try all the possible paths (just for the fun. you keep a save of the main path you choosed). some things deserve a look XD

anyway, its coming. sorry for the huge delay :(

PS :
for who want to know precisly what i mean about "interactive CGs", then here a simple explanation. The CGs (only "fap fap fap" ones) will appear on screen like they normally do. But then, you will be able to clic on various part of the char and take off the clothes. In the test i made, you are able to clic on both Twins (Serah and Sarah) when they wear bikini. 1 clic will broke the panty or the bra (you choose), another clic will take it out. both separatly. i also made an Aleen one (the midget).
the girls expression also change depending on how their clothes are. Cgs will end with the girls showing themself completly in naughty position :D

Last edited:

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
UPDATE READY !

WAITING FOR READPROOFING ! :D

( some renders are super shitty, blurry , grainy or else... cant do much sadly as my pc barely worked at that moment , but a big majority of them are great :D )

a bug is known, i m aware of it :

- at a moment ingame, when leaving the sandbox, you have chance to receive a error message that a music file is missing.
Just clic "Ignore" and its okay. as for now, i have no idea how to fix this bug, as i cant find the error line in my script o_O. (maybe i am just blind... but its probably nothing too crazy as it wont break the game)

important thing for who doesnt look at patreon :

old saves ARE NOT COMPATIBLE with this update and will broke the game.
This is totally my fault, as i forget to add the required script before and the new update ask for thoses lines to "change" situation based on your old choices.

i m sorry :(

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Uploading :) will be out soon, as fast as my connection allow to send to gdrive.

( sorry, no Mega from me, i reached the limit :/ )

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Dont mind if i do...

PC

MAC

i hope everything is ok. took me long time to upload it :/

and of cousre, i hope you enjoy it :)

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
macadam hey chicken-boy..i see your patreon page is "just for tips" only two have tipped you..set up a "buy me a coffee" more people are apt to wanna tip a 3 dollar one time thing that takes only 15 seconds to do...if you are accepting tips..thats the way to go..faster more convenient for the folks.

Demonius

Oct 28, 2018
macadam im getting this error

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 10661, in <module>
NameError: name 'rochellehit' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 10661, in script
  File "D:\games\UnexpectedAdventures-CHAPTER5complete-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1762, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "D:\games\UnexpectedAdventures-CHAPTER5complete-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1944, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "D:\games\UnexpectedAdventures-CHAPTER5complete-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1937, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
  CHAPTER5complete
Sat Jun 01 14:41:16 2019

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
macadam im getting this error

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 10661, in script
  File "D:\games\UnexpectedAdventures-CHAPTER5complete-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1762, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "D:\games\UnexpectedAdventures-CHAPTER5complete-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1944, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "D:\games\UnexpectedAdventures-CHAPTER5complete-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1937, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.1.3.1092
  CHAPTER5complete
Sat Jun 01 14:41:16 2019
that is because you use an old save.

old save are not compatible.

specificcaly because i didnt added the script for rochelle in old udpate :/ ( aka when rochelle hit the MC in car or not)

need to start a new game :/ i m verysorry about that. its all my fault

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
macadam hey chicken-boy..i see your patreon page is "just for tips" only two have tipped you..set up a "buy me a coffee" more people are apt to wanna tip a 3 dollar one time thing that takes only 15 seconds to do...if you are accepting tips..thats the way to go..faster more convenient for the folks.
well would like, but i have no idea how that work. i take a look. thank for the infos :D

Demonius

Oct 28, 2018
that is because you use an old save.

old save are not compatible.

specificcaly because i didnt added the script for rochelle in old udpate :/ ( aka when rochelle hit the MC in car or not)

need to start a new game :/ i m verysorry about that. its all my fault
actually i was able to get around it by loading my oldest autosave

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
actually i was able to get around it by loading my oldest autosave
that work too yup.
as long its saved BEFORE rochelle hit the MC in the car, its good to go.

but if the save is after that event, then the new update wont recognize the choice (as the choice code wasnt here before) and give an error.

Reactions: Demonius

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
""You must be 18 or over to use BuyMeACoffee. We do not provide our services to creators who promote adult or illegal content.""

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

3.70 star(s) 10 Votes