Ren'Py - Completed - Twists of My Life [v1.1.2] [Novel]

1. 3.00 star(s)

radical686

I'm kinda torn on this one.

The Good
    --beautiful renders
    --sometimes interesting, unpredictable story
    --Most of the relationships are really interesting. The women in the story are fairly different personality wise. It makes it more interesting. They're not as tropish as some stories on the board.

The bad
    --Fairly linear in places. There are some key decisions that really influence the story, but there's really long stretches with a ton clicking just to get through the story content. Unless you're into the story, it really detracts from the game
    --Storyline with Helena is a little weird. he falls in love with her in a way that's a little hard to believe given the other women he interacts with.

Ultimately, there's way too much clicking to get to the next meaningful decision for me to give this a rousing 4 or 5 stars, but it is entertaining enough to give it more than 2. Let's call this a 3.5 even though I give it 3 stars.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Wicked Garden

I will miss this game honestly, I've enjoyed this game since the beginning. Great cast of characters with pretty decent stories behind them. Love the renders, great, creative sex scenes, the story wasn't bland or boring.

Vlad is still a douche bag.

All in all Twists Of My Life is one of those great Visual Novels that you can come back a year or two later and read again and still enjoy it. I'm looking forward to seeing what's next from Novel.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

-Loli-Ghost-

I was torn between giving it 2 or 3 stars

It has quality and quantity artwork, well-written scenes and great storyline I'm ok with multiple endings but 15 is a bit much and without a harem route it requires you to do a of lot playthroughs something which I despise.

To see everything this game has to offer I played through the game 10 times to get all the scenes I wanted to see although even with that i had to use console codes to get Irene ending I even followed the walkthrough to try and get it the proper way with no luck so it might be a bug the game also has no scene replay and no endings replay which I kind of expected it to have given that it has 15 endings I thought that once I ended the game the first time it would let me see the other endings.

If it had harem route my rating would be 3 stars.

If it had harem route and scene replay that lets you see other endings as well my rating would be 4 maybe 5 stars if the harem route was good.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Xzar

Personally I disagree with most evaluations.

Let's start with the only positive note: the renderings of the girls. They are all beautiful, well proportioned, with normal but sexy breasts, worderfull asses and gorgeous legs and faces. From a few angles the hair seems to be smeared on the faces instead of having a normal movement, but this can be overlooked.

Negative aspects: too many unnecessary repetitive actions to be performed every day. Breakfast, shower, college, lessons, home, study, etc. This thing greatly breaks the mood of the game and makes it too cumbersome.
    History: the story is below average, nothing exceptional, and the player's choices mainly concern what girl you want to pick. Once you have chosen a path, just concentrate on that girl and you're done.
    The dialogues are fairly insignificant and emotionless and fail to carry the player in the game.
    The girls turn out to have flat and uninteresting characters. None of them exudes emotional feelings. They are the classic beautiful girls who expect nothing but 4 sentences to get fucked. I can only appreciate their beauty.
    I reached the end of the game just out of curiosity and at certain times it was hard to move forward.

At the end: excellent work on rendering (girls and sex scenes) but a mediocre work on history, involvement, character of the girls and dialogues.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Rythan25

What can I say about this game ? Its great, a very nice albeit a bit short story very reminiscent of the old "Dating Sim" games of the early 2000's where you had to pick one girl per route to see her ending. Overall I'd say 5/5, one of the better games on this site, was quite popular deservedly so, and the dev completed it which is always a nice bonus !

Story 4.5/5 - Probably the weakest part of the game, but by no means weak, its short, its simple, and easy to follow. Your MC is a law student that made a mistake at his last school, and now has to finish grad school in a small town school, there he meets plenty of lovely young ladies that he can get to know better and court them.

Characters 5/5 - The characters are very realistic in their own way, and very different from each other, so people will at the very least be satisfied with one of the girls... Like pure and innocent ? Helga. Want a sexy nympho that's all yours or would be open to a poly-amorous relationship ? Ann. Feel like stealing someone's wife that deserves better than her cheating alcoholic husband ? Irene is where its at. Always dreamed of banging your teacher who was the hottest chick in the entire town(game) ? Alanna is the girl for you. Want to feel almost NTR'd but not really but later get a decent relationship out of worse girl ? Helena might be your choice.

Graphics 5/5 - The models are gorgeous ! there wasnt a single girl I thought was ugly, even side characters are sexy and get some action ! There are some animations, and they are pretty decent and steamy !
  6. 5.00 star(s)

ivanov95

Awesome game!

I'm really glad that i played it.

Lovely characters, interesting story and best of it it's not a harem type of game!

The game is not too long, but it's not short either. If you want to see all the girls and their stories you need to replay it few times.

Helena was my first pick and i love her from the beginning of the game. For me she is the best alongsite with Ann!

Maybe the only thing that missing was music/sound effects, besides that everything was very good.

11/10 i'm gonna replay this game again! And can't wait for your new project.

Congratulations @novel and to your team, lovely game! <3
  7. 4.00 star(s)

GreyJim

[Edit...]
    [...Big Edit...]
    [...OK, Major Rewrite of my Last Review]

For whatever reason when I played this game previously I must have been really pissed off with it. So I played it again. Maybe one of my other multiple personalities has surfaced this time and enjoyed it!

The MC isn't a complete prick. Sure, he's a smart-arse, but he's in law school so we have to assume he's naturally more of a dick than most people to begin with. ;-)

Sex Scenes:
    Standard Renpy animation, but good camera angles that show off the women's bodies well.

Graphics:
    Top notch! The women in this game are superbly rendered and high res. They have really beautiful *natural* bodies, great expressive faces, and they're not stock models.

Also little touches like the MC waking up the next morning beside one of the women and she's got no makeup on (and by gods she's still gorgeous). That's brilliant! The dev has really gone to a lot of effort with his models.

Story:
    Average. Not boring but not interesting either. I do prefer VNs with a good story, but in this case its definitely the eye candy that's kept me interested.

Characters:
    Average.
    Some have got decent personalities that make interactions feel natural, but others... well, they're hot! None of them really triggered much of an emotional response from me.

Gameplay:
    Starts off like it's going to be a dull ride but gets better.
    Once you get about half way into the game the big choices start popping up which will determine the ending you get. My first playthrough I got ending #11.
    Replay value!
    How many endings can you get?

The one downside to the gameplay is lots of clicking to perform pointless repetitive tasks that do nothing to progress the game. They can be anything from eating breakfast to having sex in the shower with your girlfriend.

Yep, this game has actually managed to make sex with someone you're not married to pointlessly repetitive!

It's a good thing Renpy can use the space-bar or Enter key as a mouse click. You can tap through these annoyances quickly and ignore them.

Last thing worth mentioning ...
    For a game that is originally Russian, the english translation and proof reading have been done very well. Apart from the odd glitch in the translation matrix here and there, it was a pleasure to read the dialogue in this game.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

Faining

Yikes i don't understand these reviews the description is wrong you are forced down a path with the typical female that has a douchbag for a boyfriend and has no personality to boot actually most if not all the characters feel this way you think the game is going to do something impressive but then it lets you down that is the main reason i never trust reviews on this site cause half of these people that review this game seem like robots with these bullshit reviews you can skip most of the game and still understand the lackluster story shit. Why did i get hit for no reason why do i care for a character that has a boyfriend and no personality i could go on and on about questions i have that never get answered but i'm bored of typing game would have been better if it only had sex because there isn't anything interesting in the story at most this game deserves a 2
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Only4You

Do you like scary movies full of pointless jump scares without any buildup or any context to them? No? Then maybe you do not like adult games full of pointless sex scenes which do not coherently fit into the narrative - that do not make any sense from a storytelling point of view - that are just there so that the player can fap to them. So, does that mean a good adult game is bound to have infrequent sex scenes?
    This game proves that it need not be the case. This game is full of exceedingly well-made sex scenes which fit into the narrative almost perfectly. At the same it (alongside games like Acting Lessons) proves another thing, sex scenes can be hot even in the absence of the overused fetishes like incest/domination/bondage etc. (although it does include some of them, it shines even without them - it's mostly young couples having vanilla sex).
    All the women in this game are exceptionally attractive - each in their own distinctive ways, and not just because of their physical appearances but also their personalities. And the sex scenes - oh what can I tell about them! The sexiness of sex is not only in the raw scene, but also in the context, how it is portrayed/presented/narrated. The emotions are eloquently put into words which makes them even more sexy. Many of the sex scenes are well-animated. The passion behind the sex gets the priority in this game, not just the scene.
    The game gives you several well-designed female characters to romance with possible conflicts/compromises/mishaps. Your choices really matter, causing the story to branch off leading to around as many as 16 possible endings ( I don't know the exact number, I only got to see 6 of them). Now, that the game is complete, it is a really good time to play it, since you can explore each branch to their respective ends.
    Overall, it surely is among the better games on F95Zone and deserves a 5/5.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

avent0001

Hard game to review. It is excelent sometimes, utter garbage in others. It´s a VN with a pinch of open world (very small pinch).
    Pros:
    - Girls are super hot!
    - Sex scenes are super hot!
    - Some small choices (like being rough with a girl) will change the behavior of the girls and the MC down the line.
    - Many girls, and many options, many main stories to follow
    - You will fap a lot. This is the game i faped the most.
    - Some sex scenes are really super hot!
    Cons:
    - First 14 game days are terrible!
    - First sex scene was HORRIBLE! Borderline rape, completely out of context. NO GIRL likes that unless she has serious issues (we find later she is actualy nice).
    - MC is devoid of fealings. Even when you follow a straight love path we never get the jitters from the MC.
    - By the end it´s only sex scenes, wich makes sense because, as i said, the MC has no fealings.

Summing it up... its a good game if you tolerate its glaring flaws. Even if its buggy its great to have all those choices, The story and MC are lacking but the sex scenes are great. I would love some sort of remaster of this great mess but i´ll just wait to see what game the developer comes next.
  11. 2.00 star(s)

Aparty

FULL DISCLOSURE*
    I played this for about 20-30 minutes before deleting it, so some of my critiques may not be fair or based on the entire picture.

I'm genuinely surprised by the amount of people complimenting the writing. It is NOT good. By writing, I mean character/story logic and dialogue, NOT translation. (The translation was mediocre. It was annoying to read, however, there was never a point I flat out didn't understand what the characters meant.)
    On day one I walked past a girl walking the opposite direction whom I stared at and somehow she ended up at school with me. This isn't a big thing for me individually, but there are lot of weird minor things like this that don't make much sense unless you try to convince yourself of what could have happened.Another example of a minor, but confusing instance would be a couple in-game days later when I was skipping the boring and totally inorganic dialogue and some girl Ana is living with you. One day you walk in on her fucking herself with a "huge black dildo" when the dildo is clearly white.

Every morning you go through the same BORING routine of clicking the shower, clicking breakfast, clicking school and all the while you're having more awful internal monologue thrown in your face.

The characters are boring. Nothing stands out about them. I want to remind everyone, I DID NOT play for longer than 30 minutes. It's possible they are fleshed out and have very interesting personalities, but if you're counting on them catching your eye within the first couple of days, go ahead and forget that.

The most confusing part for me had to have been getting hit in the face on day one in my new school for no reason. Some guy you've never seen before calls you an asshole, so you turn around and then he elbows you in the eye.
    If that sounds like I've left something out, I haven't, that's just how nonsensical it. I have two theories. 1) either I missed something that is explained in game later down the road. or 2) the writer said to themselves "hm, these stories need an antagonist right? well, I've got no creativity whatsoever, so I'll just insert a psychopathic lunatic in this school that by some miracle is able to function in his day to day life punching strangers"

That's what I thought of the game after about half an hour so I deleted it. Please don't assume this is an accurate representation of the full game, I just wanted people to know that if you want your stories to hook you in the beginning, this is not for you.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

scheilu

First of, this is probably one of the best Visual novels on this site.
    If you are into vns like acting lessons, just try this one.

Story:
    The story is well written, nothing spectacular but doesn't have huge plot holes and keeps you going.
    You don't have to choose about every decision the Mc does, but when you do it actually matters. There are plenty different routes, with each route feeling worth playing.

Characters:
    While the story is more or less standard, this vn shines in the presentation of his characters. There is no character, who feels off and the main ones are all believable and originally described.

Sexscenes:
    There are plenty, well written and mostly animated sex scenes in each route. Not too vanilla and not too unrealistic.

Cons:
    If you decide against some routes early on, some days do feel pretty repetitive, same with some dialogues.
    The pace at the beginning is in my opinion too slow and at the end too fast.

Overall:
    Pretty good vn, actuall meaningful choices, good amount of high quality content. You can clearly see the effort of the developer, who gets better withe every update.
    There aren't many reasons not to try this.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Alfred the Fallen

The game starts off on a linear path for the first two weeks or so, but then it opens up and gives you a significant amount of control over your character and four main paths to follow. There are significant variations to these paths based on the decisions you make.

The character art is great, and while the translation isn't perfect I can clearly understand the characters. All things considered, this is one of my favourite games here. It's close to the end now (v0.97.02.) and I'm really hoping that the final few updates can finish the game on a high note.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 21439

This is the first review so please forgive me if I made some mistakes down the way.

Twist of my life is about a guy who moves to a new place, hoping he can move on from his previous life where he encounters girls that could possibly change his life. It's up for you decide who that girl may be.

Story: 4/5
    While the story isn't something new, neither that creative, it still is there and relevant to the game. Unlike most games in this site where the only goal is to bang everything in sight. Also no incest is +1 in my books.

Characters: 5/5
    All of the girls are likable and aren't two dimensional. I absolutely Alanna as older woman are my type. The MC is also not that bad as he's not a very typical pervy MC who ogles girls at every chance he gets.

Enjoyment: 5/5
    Story is engaging enough, the characters are likable and the sex scenes are really awesome. Awesome isn't enough to describe how good the sex scenes really are. You can tell the developers puts a lot of time and effort into making the sex scenes.
    Overall 5/5
    I would be lying to myself if I said I didn't like this game. In fact, I love this game and I think it is one of the best games in this site. I would highly recommend this to anyone no matter what you prefer in a game. I'm sure you will like this game, unless you prefer being dominated by a girl.

Thank you for taking your time to read my review. I appreciate it. Have a good day.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

beetlejuise

This is not a you can have any girl you want kind of game, when having a relationship with one girl a door closes with a second girl. some engrish but in the end just a good believable story most of the time and also pretty good renders.
  16. 3.00 star(s)

alexw14615

I was going to delete it because man the first 12 days are boring as fuck. Then it finally picks up and the game becomes enjoyable. I would give it 2.5 stars, the sex scenes are good but the repetition and doing the same thing over and over again is just boring as fuck. For example, youll hear the same lines every day in class. Wow she was really good today. Like fuck have the characters say something else. With that said I look forward to the update so i can bang Helena some more. I waited forever to finally bang her and then that was the end until the update
  17. 1.00 star(s)

baka

the game is for those that enjoys rape and abusive behavior. in irl this is a crime. if you can get past that, we are still playing a dumb boy that seems to suffer from mental illness. he is stubborn, egocentric/selfish and arrogant. if you can get past that, sure the CG is good.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Enyos

Excellent story, dialogue and renders. The main path of Helena was sweet and relatable. The Anna path was surprising and I had to do another save just for her. The worst part of the story is that it's going to end...
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Namco15

Excellent : As other users commented this game has been improving over time in each update , this dev makes great sex scenes, with excellent text describing the situation and different positions using good amount of renders , different super sexy hot girls for the one who wants slow-burn romance and the others who know there's no time to lose, life is short :) , good luck with the next project .
  20. 2.00 star(s)

rightsaidfred

Renders are great, but that's about it. The girls are not likable, the story is bad, the writing of the story is bad. The main character is utterly unlikable. The VN feels shallow, and low-effort.

Really the renders are the only good thing here.