VN - Ren'Py - True Husband [v0.6] [Snowstorm]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Sorreah

Going to copy and paste my comment since its pretty much a review [0.2]:

Okay, so 48 minutes of content if you're a "true husband" however...

1) It seems to be translated, the quality screams google translate. Use DeepL, its way better. Not perfect, but magnitudes better than Google, depending on the language.
    2) There is a lot of places that use "Nick" instead of whatever name the player input. Seems mostly to occur in the "new update" area rather than the early game.
    3) The game is practically forcing you to do stuff with Alice. The choice is pretty much an illusion, given how much the MC comments and makes notes of Alice, to the degree if you did nothing with her, he's literally having a wet dream about her at 40 years old? What?
    4) The maid/slave role play was a bit of a turnoff, that's my personal preference. It also leads me to understand though male domination is probably a thing for the future which brings me to:
    5) I just noticed the future tags. With those planned tags and how Alice is basically being forced onto the player as well as his very obvious perversions to younger women, there isn't really a choice at all. It honestly feels like the game is "how much sex content do you want" and there is no reward for being a "true husband" here.
    6) As someone in my 40's, I can say two things very confidently: his hair is way too silver already, like he doesn't need to look and dress like he's from a different era. Secondly, unless he was a student in his 30's, there is no way his old swimsuit will still fit him. I don't think you understand just how hard and how much effort it is to maintain your body and how drastically it changes after 35. If he hasn't put on at least 40 lbs from his student days, he's literally a scientific marvel. For real. Even if he works out all the time (he has a desk job, lol), he'd be bulky. If he isn't working out (I repeat, he has a desk job. working from home), then it's odd he has no gut. It's a game though, so whatever, but maybe don't make his hair completely silver :p

I guess that's all I noticed in this game/playthrough. It's probably not a game for me though, since it looks like its basically a horndog MC who is just going to be banging literally everyone and it will all work out, its basically a free sex simulator. I'm not really against that, I think its popular and a fairly popular genre for most people. I just don't like the fact there is no rewarding play and all the choices are going to come down to "what scene do I want to see with whom" and "who will I add to the sex fest" which makes it very unmeaningful.

I think it sounds harsh, but this is just a honest critque and I do wish the Dev good luck! Again, I can't emphasize this enough: if you're using a translator, use DeepL instead. Also please make sure you're using your name code and not just writing "nick" or whoever is renamed (I left the girl's names as default, so not sure if they have similar issues, but I am gonna go on a limb and say they do)

REVIEW SPECIFIC THINGS:

Animation exists and pretty renders: 5/5

Story: 2/5, there is no meaningful play here, just toss them in a harem or don't. The Wife's story and Daughter is shady as fuck, but it sounds like bad writing rather than some dark conspiracy. If it IS conspiracy, I'll change it to 5/5 for sure, but it *REALLY* doesn't seem that way.

Music: Non existent 0/5

Gameplay: 2/5 Light on choices, more about seeing a scene/adding a person to perv on than anything meaningful like the description leads to think.

Overall, its 3/5. It's an average game. The dev won't go wrong here if he plays it safe and doesn't piss off vanilla players with sudden NTR or something. I can't see there being anything interesting or exciting that happens, just a bunch of happy sex as the player encounters more and more characters down the road (Also, yes, I know how to do math. I know it should be 2/5, but I'm not really going to penalize him too much for not having music).
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Sonu The Pilot

This review is based on the [ v0.1 ] :
    A game with a good start and nice renders. Maybe a common storyline but need to wait and see. There is no music in this game :( Hope the dev adds some music so it will be great.

I will do a detailed review after a few more versions as this is the initial stage of the game.

Animations - 5/5
    Renders - 5/5
    Story - 4/5
    Models - 4/5
    Music - 0/5

Overall Gameplay - 5/5
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Fex88

Great game! It has mature themes and content, but if you're okay with that, it's definitely worth playing. The story is engaging and the gameplay is solid. Highly recommend! :love: Wishing the developers good luck with future updates and looking forward to new content. Keep up the great work!