Tool Translator++

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Khime

Sep 5, 2017
Hey everyone! I'm having a problem, i translated a game lastweek normally, everything worked out fine... But now i'm having a problem that googletrans doesnt let me translate anything anymore. Translator++ says i might be temporarily banned from their servers... What to do?

Reactions: coljn123

Chronoe

Oct 13, 2017
Hey everyone! I'm having a problem, i translated a game lastweek normally, everything worked out fine... But now i'm having a problem that googletrans doesnt let me translate anything anymore. Translator++ says i might be temporarily banned from their servers... What to do?
Try to change your IP

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Common problem. Same here, trying to translate a game but I'm banned temporarily because I translated too much. Your best bet is to try much later or the day after.

Also, how come that Bing doesn't even start when I try to translate with that? It's broken?

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Hi People

I picked up the tool to translate one of the most promising looking game out there.
MamaShota Kingdom

But I encountered one pretty cripling problem with the program.

It doent wrap up text to fit into in game text windows, too long Lines disapear on the left of the screen, too much verses dont go into another "slide" but simply dissapear.

I wonder - does the program has anything to help with that ?

Otherwise any translation efforts is pointless. You will have to manualy check each line in game to see if it fits into the textbox, if you are able to even phrase it in a way that manages to capture the meaning without exceiding the space on single slide.

Is there any auto-wraping text option ? Or some tool that will squeze the text to fit into the text box?
Or an easy way to add additional "slides" so the text can go to another slide without breaking the game ?

I am compleatly new to tampering with RPG Maker, but I was doing ok untill I noticed that...

Plz help.
By the way, I found what you were asking: wrapping the text to fit it inside the box with translator++. Just tried and seems that works
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
When you're at the third screen, don't select anything within the "Select Context" box (that way it will apply the changes for every file); Didn't use "Manual Query" but I guess that it's useful for something which I'm unaware of; "Source Column" you must choose where did you make the translation (so initial, or google, or translation 1,2 and so on) and then within the "Target Column" field you must choose the destination (so if the translation was on 1, choose 2 and the whole text of all the files will be formatted and moved onto the "Translation 2" column; "Maximum Lenght" I guess how long do you want to make that phrase. Leaving that for example gave me this
But it's better than nothing in the end xD

Angmir

May 29, 2017
By the way, I found what you were asking: wrapping the text to fit it inside the box with translator++. Just tried and seems that works
When you're at the third screen, don't select anything within the "Select Context" box (that way it will apply the changes for every file); Didn't use "Manual Query" but I guess that it's useful for something which I'm unaware of; "Source Column" you must choose where did you make the translation (so initial, or google, or translation 1,2 and so on) and then within the "Target Column" field you must choose the destination (so if the translation was on 1, choose 2 and the whole text of all the files will be formatted and moved onto the "Translation 2" column; "Maximum Lenght" I guess how long do you want to make that phrase. Leaving that for example gave me this
But it's better than nothing in the end xD
Thank you buddy.
Will try it out.
I wonder if by using it I can automaticaly create extra "slide" if the text is too long to fit into single window.

Chronoe

Oct 13, 2017
Someone knows how to fix this? When I try to tranlate a RPGMaker VX ACE (.RVDATA2) the program don't load some of the (map.rvdata2) here is a screenshot after I patched the game, the blanks are the one that don't load

cloudz64

Dec 7, 2017
@cloudz64 By any chance do you have the newest version? Thank you so much!
The newest version 1.3.5 can be found . Patch notes below.

I just wanted to apologize for the radio silence for a bit. I've been traveling and working a lot these past few weeks and haven't been able to touch this at all. I also want to thank all of you who have put in the effort to figure out this tool and turn it into, hopefully, a valuable resource in the community. A part of the reason I jumped in here was hopefully to get this into the hands of people more skilled than I am and jump start discussion on it. I wish every one luck with their experiments and look forward to playing around with it in the week or so when things cool down for me.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
The newest version 1.3.5 can be found . Patch notes below.

I just wanted to apologize for the radio silence for a bit. I've been traveling and working a lot these past few weeks and haven't been able to touch this at all. I also want to thank all of you who have put in the effort to figure out this tool and turn it into, hopefully, a valuable resource in the community. A part of the reason I jumped in here was hopefully to get this into the hands of people more skilled than I am and jump start discussion on it. I wish every one luck with their experiments and look forward to playing around with it in the week or so when things cool down for me.
Well.. personally speaking it's not really that difficult this program here (VX games needs to be extracted, MV instead don't. Just load the .exe and voilà, translate everything you need. Then export the whole project and copy the "data" folder within the original game: game machine translated). The only downside is that everything is machine translated obviously, but eh.. you can't really blame it since you don't have any other choice, beside translating on your own by hands and take lots of days, months or even years to give to a game a decent english (unless you're a pro). At least with this you can translate and then correct by giving them the right sentences (thing that I don't do because english is not my native language and I'd probably mistake something along the line) xD

Zweihir

Feb 7, 2018
Hey, whenever I try to translate certain games the process gets stuck on "applying translation to table"

Does anyone know the reasoning for this?

butthol

Jun 21, 2017
Well.. personally speaking it's not really that difficult this program here (VX games needs to be extracted, MV instead don't. Just load the .exe and voilà, translate everything you need. Then export the whole project and copy the "data" folder within the original game: game machine translated). The only downside is that everything is machine translated obviously, but eh.. you can't really blame it since you don't have any other choice, beside translating on your own by hands and take lots of days, months or even years to give to a game a decent english (unless you're a pro). At least with this you can translate and then correct by giving them the right sentences (thing that I don't do because english is not my native language and I'd probably mistake something along the line) xD
What do I do if the game doesn't have a data folder?

gears2260

Aug 25, 2018
what about this problem? I extracted the game deleted rgss3a file and confirmed that it was working.
Used this program, replaced files then got this problem whenever I tried to open the game

butthol

Jun 21, 2017
You need to extract the game first, as always. With a decrypter for that kind of game (MV, VX, VX Ace and so on).
Like RPGMaker Decrypter? I've extracted everything from the RGSS3A, and put all of the extracted data into the main game folder, but it still ends up in Japanese. :confused:

EDIT: Correction! I'm putting the data folder inside the main game directory, and using the translation data from Translator++ and overriding it.

cloudz64

Dec 7, 2017
Like RPGMaker Decrypter? I've extracted everything from the RGSS3A, and put all of the extracted data into the main game folder, but it still ends up in Japanese. :confused:

EDIT: Correction! I'm putting the data folder inside the main game directory, and using the translation data from Translator++ and overriding it.
Do you still have the RGSS3A archive in the root game directory? If so you might need to move it or rename it since the executable will default to reading the archive if it's present (if memory serves).

butthol

Jun 21, 2017
Do you still have the RGSS3A archive in the root game directory? If so you might need to move it or rename it since the executable will default to reading the archive if it's present (if memory serves).
Yeah, I still have it, but I'm gonna remove it and see if it works! Is it better to delete the RGSS3A or just rename it to something random? I'm new to this!

Edit: Removed the RGSS3A, but the game is now telling me there is a syntax error. Well... shit.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote