• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM Completed None [Translation Request] [RJ300928] Captured Adventurer

nightmare054

Jan 1, 2018
Here's a Google-Translate MTL for captured adventurer v2.0.
Meant for people who don't like somewhat shady auto-translators like MTool.

If you experience a crash, game-breaking bug or seriously broken text please post me a screenshot and a short description when it happened. Providing a save just before the problem occurs would drastically increase the speed of the fixing process.

Changelog:
1.0 :Release for v1.1.
1.1: Release for v1.2.
1.2: Cleanup and release for v2.0.
can you update the MTL for the latest release? they fix the bug in the recollection room in January

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
can you update the MTL for the latest release? they fix the bug in the recollection room in January
My Google based MTLs like that one are pretty much obsolete now. Mtool has advanced to the point that you get almost the same result.

If we are sure that this is the last patch I might consider making a superior DMTL, but this game has around 700-800k characters to translate as well as some annoying formatting, so that would take a long time and I really don't want to start that unless I'm sure that this game is fully done. (Updating basically doesn't work with that format. In case of an update I would have to start over.)

Oct 24, 2018
My Google based MTLs like that one are pretty much obsolete now. Mtool has advanced to the point that you get almost the same result.

If we are sure that this is the last patch I might consider making a superior DMTL, but this game has around 700-800k characters to translate as well as some annoying formatting, so that would take a long time and I really don't want to start that unless I'm sure that this game is fully done. (Updating basically doesn't work with that format. In case of an update I would have to start over.)
It looks like this is the last patch, but nothing really changed between this last update and the one you last did a translation for, besides fixing a few bugs like the one in the recollection room. If you ask me, the community should stick with your last translation and just play the game normally and save before the new enemies that have bugs in the recollection room but don't have them if you encounter them normally. The game already gives you an OP weapon so you can breeze through the game.

Reactions: Crabsny

USDASelect

May 12, 2018
I downloaded the most recent 2.0 version off of anime-sharing and when I apply the most recent MTL patch from this thread (1.2) I get a "failed to load: img/system/IconSet.png" error. My system locale is changed and all that, not sure what's up.

edit: I tried both the hentai-sharing and anime-sharing uploads, and also my SYSTEM LOCALE is set to japanese. Not just my region. No luck.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I downloaded the most recent 2.0 version off of anime-sharing and when I apply the most recent MTL patch from this thread (1.2) I get a "failed to load: img/system/IconSet.png" error. My system locale is changed and all that, not sure what's up.

edit: I tried both the hentai-sharing and anime-sharing uploads, and also my SYSTEM LOCALE is set to japanese. Not just my region. No luck.
I'm sorry, but the versions that are now on hentai-sharing and anime-sharing are not v2.0.
Version 2.0 was the main content update, there have been 2 new patches since, the MTL was never updated for those.
luigi the skull told me it wasn't necessary given how little changed, and the large amount of work required.
Nobody disagreed, so I just dropped it.

Last edited:

USDASelect

May 12, 2018
So how would I get 2.0 if it's not available on any services and I assume buying the game would also give me the most up to date version that isn't MTL compatible?

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
So how would I get 2.0 if it's not available on any services and I assume buying the game would also give me the most up to date version that isn't MTL compatible?
Yeah. I don't have it anymore either...
This is a bit stupid.
I would recommend just using MTool. My shitty google MTL wasnt in any way better, and it's been long enough that if that tool would cause harm, people would have noticed by now.

If you don't know where to get it, or how to use it, I'll happily write you a tutorial.

Last edited:

USDASelect

May 12, 2018
Yeah. I don't have it anymore either...
This is a bit stupid.
I would recommend just using MTool. My shitty google MTL wasnt in any way better, and it's been long enough that if that tool would cause harm, people would have noticed by now.

If you don't know where to get it, or how to use it, I'll happily write you a tutorial.
Sure, that'd be a ton of help. I am not sure where to get the correct program/most recent version and I don't really know what I'm doing so that'd be appreciated.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Sure, that'd be a ton of help. I am not sure where to get the correct program/most recent version and I don't really know what I'm doing so that'd be appreciated.
You can find download links as well as "how to" videos here:

Basically you download the and the latest file. (These direct links get changed constantly so they probably stop working in a few minutes, if that happened use the main url to find them instead)

Start the "tool.bat" you will get a notice at the top "new version available" use the "click to get update" button and allow it to send you to the patreon page, but just close the browser again. You will now have a window in which it wants you to choose a file.
Select the patch file you downloaded, and it will update itself to the most recent version.

Now click on the big box "drag and drop of click here to select a game executable to analyze the game engine" and select the executable of the game you want translated. Tell it to "Install and go". Now it will open the game and start processing.
Once it finished you will have a new tab in the tool window called "Translate", click on it, leave everything on the standard setting, and just click the "Start translation" button inside that tab.

It will now process for a bit again, and once it's finished just go to a new screen in the game, and the MTL will kick in.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2018
I think I still have the 2.0 version if you still want it, but the MTool that Shisaye is recommending is so good for a lot of games besides this one, I have been using it ever since it was recommended to me by Shisaye also.