[Translation Request] Monster Musume HYAKURAN Vol.1

mhg87

Jul 14, 2018
Haha, that was me actually. Sorry it took this long, but I'm going to go ahead and post what I've translated so far. I just finished the Resident Evil parody section, which is by far the largest story section in the game. I also completed several of the other monster girl entries. But this is still a pretty huge project overall. Probably as big as all three Encyclopedia of Tentacles games combined, since each story section typically has branching paths. Note that I haven't proofread anything, so I apologize in advance for any typos. I just wanted to give you guys SOMETHING since this was taking forever to get through.

As always, copy the text files in to your game folder and overwrite the existing ones (but back them up beforehand, just to be safe). I don't really have an ETA on the rest since this game is so goddamn gigantic. Hopefully by the end of the year, since I'm generally having a pretty good time translating it (the RE section was pretty funny at times).

succxess1

May 4, 2021
Haha, that was me actually. Sorry it took this long, but I'm going to go ahead and post what I've translated so far. I just finished the Resident Evil parody section, which is by far the largest story section in the game. I also completed several of the other monster girl entries. But this is still a pretty huge project overall. Probably as big as all three Encyclopedia of Tentacles games combined, since each story section typically has branching paths. Note that I haven't proofread anything, so I apologize in advance for any typos. I just wanted to give you guys SOMETHING since this was taking forever to get through.

As always, copy the text files in to your game folder and overwrite the existing ones (but back them up beforehand, just to be safe). I don't really have an ETA on the rest since this game is so goddamn gigantic. Hopefully by the end of the year, since I'm generally having a pretty good time translating it (the RE section was pretty funny at times).
I think I'll wait until it's finished but thanks for all that work you're doing. I know I and others appreciate it, this one is long overdue for a translation so I'm looking forward to it.

bigstud

May 28, 2021

Looks pretty good so far glad to see its coming along nicely!

lazydude

Dec 21, 2017

it's several stories from torotoro's site
like this is the Resident Evil parody and the facehugger one

I'm personally hoping if they make a Monster Musume HYAKURAN Vol.2 it has the Alien vs. Predator parody though it's a big one like the Resident Evil one

Alraune Bloom also has a big one like the Resident Evil one and the xover between the Alraune Bloom/resident evil ones

Last edited:

mhg87

Jul 14, 2018
it's several stories from torotoro's site
like this is the Resident Evil parody and the facehugger one

I'm personally hoping if they make a Monster Musume HYAKURAN Vol.2 it has the Alien vs. Predator parody though it's a big one like the Resident Evil one

Alraune Bloom also has a big one like the Resident Evil one and the xover between the Alraune Bloom/resident evil ones
Huh, well I'll be damned. That's pretty neat.

I've finally finished proofreading the story segments, and I think they're as good as they're gonna get. I also translated the monstergirl names in the menu, as well as the menu items you'll need to get to their story segments. Unfortunately, menu items do not retain the spaces English text requires to be legible, so I had to force spaces into them using underscores. This isn't a problem during the story segments, thankfully. I only translated a few of the encyclopedia entries before giving up. It's going to be a tedious process finishing those, and this has already taken long enough. Besides, the only thing those entries do is spoil what happens during the story. I removed a link from Saara's entry that sent you to the final part of her story. It locked up the game no matter what I tried, and it did that in the vanilla version too. I have no idea why. Same process as always. Just copy the text files into your game folder and overwrite the ones that are already there (but back them up just in case).

Also, I can't get the save function to work even when it's running Japanese locale. It doesn't really matter, though. You can hold CTRL to fast forward through text, and it goes fast enough that you can blow past an entire story segment in like ten seconds.

Kathuris

Apr 7, 2019
Found something equal parts useful and frustrating while messing around during my own attempts to translate this.

So I think everyone who's tried their hand at translating an Nscripter games knows about the issue that causes spaces and letters to disappear depending on the number of characters, and I think I've found a partial solution to this but I've no idea how it works.

Basically, it involves copying the executable from either part 2/3 from "Encyclopedia of Tentacles", adding this line:
exec_dll "NSFont.dll/gaiji,戟,hurt.bmp" to the 81.txt define, and copying the .dll and .bmp from EoT as well. From my old extract of MGQ, the NSFont.dll and hurt.bmp are also present under the Define so there's at least precedent for them to be there.

I've tested this on a completely fresh download and it works consistently, but may not if you've made other adjustments to 81.txt or 82.txt.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I have no idea how or why this works, but my best guess is that the .exe is different version of Nscripter or maybe has at least some of the following enabled or supported:

There's a catch though, certain untranslated scenes can straight up hard-crash the game and you'll also be seeing this error a lot:

Which I believe happens when there's too much text in a section and it spills from the text box. Normally happens in the Last Escape section when there's any of these characters: 『 』in an untranslated section, but that shouldn't be a problem with mhg87's file. Haven't yet translated an actual scene in game yet, so I've no idea if this persists when the text is in english.

Hopefully the above will help at least someone interested in this. It's a shame english support is listed as "Low Priority" on the ONScripter page, even though it's still receiving updates.

Last edited:

Dorkam

Dec 1, 2018
Does someone have an updated game download please? Zippy is dead now

Last edited: