[Translation Request] Monster Musume HYAKURAN Vol.1

Nayko93

Feb 3, 2018
how can any monstergirl game not be translated yet. If i would know how to translate games, i would.
Well like you said, if you knew how to translate game you would also know that it's pretty hard and REALLY time consuming
Also, translating something from Japanese to English can be tricky because the 2 language don't have anything in commun unlike our occidental language which all came from latin

So a lot of the time you end up having to translate a line that don't have a proper exact translation so you need to adapt it while keeping the same meaning as the original line

A translator who perfectly read Japanese will spend 30 second for one line of text

It don't seem so much uh ?
Yeah but how many line does a game have ?
5000 ? 10.000 ? 20.000 ? 50.000 ? more ?? it depend on the game .. but multiply even the smallest number by the time it take to translate one line...

5000 X 30 second : it's 41 whole hours of non stop work ! for just 5000 line !
Now imagine games the size of Monster Girl Quest... years of work to translate this one

But not a lot of people can read Japanese and someone who have difficulty or doesn't read Japanese can spend 5 MIN on one line because he need to use machine translation
( it's like putting the entire game through google translate ( really simplified )
( 5 min average, sometime less sometime more )

Today machine translation tool are really good at finding where is the text to be translated and replacing it automatically without messing with game code
With some new stuff you can even translate in real time as you play the game

BUT, machine translation is still pretty bad in term of accuracy of the translation, mainly because like I said earlier, Japanese don't translate so well in English, and if you only ask the machine to translate a game and then publish the game in this state...
You end up with 1 star reviews on F95 Zone and tons of people complaining that MLT is the evil incarnated ...

So you need to edit this translation ( and train your translation machine to be better at it's work )

Now you have what's called a MTL , a Machine Translated game, that mean a game in approximative English that make 0 sens when you try to read it...
You can either release the game like that and ... it's shit
Or you can start to EDIT your MTL, that mean translating from the really weird English of your MTL to good English, line by line while making sure you keep the original meaning of the text ( while not really knowing the real original text since you can't read the original line in Japanese )

BUT what if you have a line so badly translated by your machine that you can't understand what it mean, and you also can't understand the original one in Japanese ...
when that happen ( and it happen a lot ) you need to take the original line in Japanese, put it in multiple translator online to compare what they say to what your MTL said and compare it to what's actually happening in the game story from the previous translated line, and then maybe you can figure out the right translation for this line without breaking the meaning of the text
( spoiler : not a lot of MTL editor bother with this )
And now you have a Edited MTL, sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, depend on the person who did it

So let's make the calcul :

5 min ( average time of all the process I described ) per line for a pretty small game of 5000 lines :

416 hours or 17 days of NON STOP work ! ( for a small game )

Add to all this that the translators generally don't make a lot of money out of it.. you have your answer about why all of the monster girl games are still not translated...

Damn ! I didn't realize the size of my post until I posted it:LOL:

Last edited:

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
Well like you said, if you knew how to translate game you would also know that it's pretty hard and REALLY time consuming
Also, translating something from Japanese to English can be tricky because the 2 language don't have anything in commun unlike our occidental language which all came from latin

So a lot of the time you end up having to translate a line that don't have a proper exact translation so you need to adapt it while keeping the same meaning as the original line

A translator who perfectly read Japanese will spend 30 second for one line of text

It don't seem so much uh ?
Yeah but how many line does a game have ?
5000 ? 10.000 ? 20.000 ? 50.000 ? more ?? it depend on the game .. but multiply even the smallest number by the time it take to translate one line...

5000 X 30 second : it's 41 whole hours of non stop work ! for just 5000 line !
Now imagine games the size of Monster Girl Quest... years of work to translate this one

But not a lot of people can read Japanese and someone who have difficulty or doesn't read Japanese can spend 5 MIN on one line because he need to use machine translation
( it's like putting the entire game through google translate ( really simplified )
( 5 min average, sometime less sometime more )

Today machine translation tool are really good at finding the where is text to be translated and replacing it automatically without messing with game code
With some new stuff you can even translate in real time as you play the game

BUT, machine translation is still pretty bad in term of accuracy of the translation, mainly because like I said earlier, Japanese don't translate so well in English, and if you only ask the machine to translate a game and then publish the game in this state...
You end up with 1 star reviews on F95 Zone and tons of people complaining that MLT is the evil incarnated ...

So you need to edit this translation ( and train your translation machine to be better at it's work )

Now you can start translating from really weird English of your MTL to good English, line by line while making sure you keep the original meaning of the text ( while not really knowing the real original text )

BUT what if you have a line so badly translated by your machine that you can't understand what it mean, and you also can't understand the original one in Japanese ...
when that happen ( and it happen a lot ) you need to take the original line in Japanese, put it in multiple translator online to compare what they say to what your MTL said and compare it to what's actually happening in the game story from the previous translated line, and then maybe you can figure out the right translation for this line without breaking the meaning of the text
( spoiler : not a lot of MTL editor bother with this )

So let's make the calcul :

5 min ( average time of all the process I described ) per line for a pretty small game of 5000 lines :

416 hours or 17 days of NON STOP work ! ( for a small game )

Add to all this that the translators generally don't make a lot of money out of it.. you have your answer about why all of the monster girl games are still not translated...

Damn ! I didn't realize the size of my post until I posted it:LOL:
You put it better than I possibly could have. Translation is a lot of work and the fanslators who do it on here for the sake of community are godsends.

cbeck2

Sep 14, 2020
View attachment 178649

A collection of 33 spin-off losing scenes by Torotoro Resistance, the developer and publisher of the Monster Girl Quest franchise. Lots of different and weird monster girls and fetishes are involved, with both male and female protagonists. If you're a kink-curious person like myself, you'll probably enjoy the CGs!
Unfortunately the scenes are in Japanese and nobody bothered to translate them yet.​

Title: Monster Musume HYAKURAN Vol.1
Original title: モンスター娘百覧 Vol.1
Developer:
Language: Japanese
Year: 2016
Official site:
DLsite:
VNDB:
Untranslated download:
Tags: Female domination, female protagonist, footjob, male protagonist, monster girl, rape, shota, tentacles, vaginal sex, vore

can you reupload the mega please >_<