Flash Translation Request: Mayuri-sama no Jintai Jikkenshits

• Thread starter Deleted member 2738
  • Start date
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

madbasic

Sep 15, 2016
Yeah, I know it's been a while, but as I've said this is something I'd do in my spare, spare time. Those who attempted to translate it before weren't exaggerating when they were talking about what a pain in the ass it is. On top of not knowing Japanese, I can't even machine translate all of it and then clean it up from there as straight up replacing it fucks with the coding somehow. So I haven't really made progress to report on; likely the equivalent of a few lines as at first I was doing it quite often, but as class and time went on working on it slowed to a halt.

It's not really something I can see someone doing for a lengthy period of time unless they were actually paid for it, or have immense dedication.

Best bet to get this actually translated ever would be to crowdfund to pay an actual translator like Symplexity.
thank you very much .I can only imagine the effort it takes to translate everything. good luck (y)

EmpsChsn

Aug 12, 2017
Thanks for the reply! So, theres no meaninfull way of sharing bits of the text and other (like me) help? I have programing knowledge, but I can't imagine how of a mess can be without seeing the code, as you describe.
It's not so much the code itself as the program I'm using. If I copy paste translations into the program to replace the japanese, sometimes it'll input random or strange characters in as well. It might put a space somewhere, it might delete or put an extra set of quotation marks, or it could input a forward or backward slash somewhere. I don't know why it does this, maybe some glitch from copying from google translate. Either way, it makes it so you cannot simply grab the full line, code and all, translate it, then put it back in and clean it up since doing so messes with the code. Instead, you are forced to go quote by quote which is already tedious if you know Japanese, but is even more so if you're trying to do it via context clues and machine translation.

It isn't that the code itself is complicated (I assume, I'm not a programmer but so long as you are altering the files focusing on dialogue and not anything else, I assume the code is rather basic), it's the fact that to translate it you must work around the code to do so. Then on top of that, as Symplexity said, there's a fuckton of dialogue to translate. Anyone can get into the files and find/edit the dialogue. I can walk anyone through getting to where the dialogue is. It's just going to be tedious no matter what.

Mar 20, 2018
It's not so much the code itself as the program I'm using. If I copy paste translations into the program to replace the japanese, sometimes it'll input random or strange characters in as well. It might put a space somewhere, it might delete or put an extra set of quotation marks, or it could input a forward or backward slash somewhere. I don't know why it does this, maybe some glitch from copying from google translate. Either way, it makes it so you cannot simply grab the full line, code and all, translate it, then put it back in and clean it up since doing so messes with the code. Instead, you are forced to go quote by quote which is already tedious if you know Japanese, but is even more so if you're trying to do it via context clues and machine translation.

It isn't that the code itself is complicated (I assume, I'm not a programmer but so long as you are altering the files focusing on dialogue and not anything else, I assume the code is rather basic), it's the fact that to translate it you must work around the code to do so. Then on top of that, as Symplexity said, there's a fuckton of dialogue to translate. Anyone can get into the files and find/edit the dialogue. I can walk anyone through getting to where the dialogue is. It's just going to be tedious no matter what.

Are you still using jpexs to view and edit the code? There should(?) be a backslash for apostrophes like in 's as it appears in the originally translated code. But yes, generally you would have to slowly copy and paste each quote into translation one by one... I don't see how translate would do a good job of handling most of the code.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, there seems to have been an update on the other forum linked earlier in this thread

Last edited:

madbasic

Sep 15, 2016
Are you still using jpexs to view and edit the code? There should be a backslash for apostrophes like in 's as it appears in the originally translated code. But yes, generally you would have to slowly copy and paste each quote into translation one by one... I don't see how translate would do a good job of handling most of the code.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, there seems to have been an update on the other forum linked earlier in this thread
something is moving after all this time:eek:

EmpsChsn

Aug 12, 2017
Yes, I was using Jpexs. And yes, that is the exact reason why I couldn't even at the least do a very shitty mass translation and then go through it and clean it up. What I meant by getting a translator, aside from it being of better quality obviously, was someone would have far more incentive to trudge through the code for money rather than in their spare time for nothing, and thus would be more likely to finish it, at least at an good pace.

Though I'm glad someone else is giving it a shot and showing some progress. I appreciate the link.

Mar 20, 2018
Yes, I was using Jpexs. And yes, that is the exact reason why I couldn't even at the least do a very shitty mass translation and then go through it and clean it up. What I meant by getting a translator, aside from it being of better quality obviously, was someone would have far more incentive to trudge through the code for money rather than in their spare time for nothing, and thus would be more likely to finish it, at least at an good pace.

Though I'm glad someone else is giving it a shot and showing some progress. I appreciate the link.

Tbh the machine translation from google is mostly terrible and really useless without context to the point where a Japanese character guessing person might have a better understanding of the game text than the mistranslation of quotes, which really renders the whole mass translation thing dubious without some form of human input at least.

It seems that raydoe on WoH is using a separate file for translation (according to him, full uncensored) and doesn't seem to have the orihime portion translated (which we have here). What we really need to do is do a collab of sorts and figure a way to do this thing while keeping sane and figure out best methods for translating this on the limited time (and knowledge, since we both aren't good with code or translation...) each of us has.

Oh and just quote me if you're replying to anything I've said, it helps to pop up in my notifications on the site so I don't miss it. Thanks.

Last edited:

ray.doe

May 21, 2019
Ray Doe here. Just found out about this forums hehehe... I've been focused recently with my Japanese studies lately and I'll admit that I haven't committed enough time recently, fortunately it will save me the headache in translating once I continue later on.

So far I think I've solved all of the problems involving the input of dialogue and workflow without messing up the whole game with the only remaining problem is time (naturally) to put in quality. I also found out recently that jpexs has away to edit the placement of custom words easily meaning that I'll have more freedom in translating because a lot of the custom words (like the name) can feel really unnatural if I force to include it.

Here's the most recent if anyone is wondering
  • Translated most of the UI
  • Translated Harribel (normal and aphrodisiac) but not good quality
  • Only Kuukaku's normal mode is translated but with with better quality
I'm sure that there are a lot of typos in there so PM me for corrections. For Harribel though, I'm thinking of redoing hers from scratch since she was the first character I translated which was a clusterfuck of a mess. Also to clarify, I'm focusing more on the add-on characters for now (Harribel, Kuukaku, and Masaki).

If there's anyone interested in helping with the translation, preferably someone with actual japanese translation skills because if not then I'll end up retranslating anyways lol, then don't hesitate to PM! I can handle all the pain in the ass inputting for less hassles.

Last edited:

madbasic

Sep 15, 2016
Ray Doe here. Just found out about this forums hehehe... I've been focused recently with my Japanese studies lately and I'll admit that I haven't committed enough time recently, fortunately it will save me the headache in translating once I continue later on.

So far I think I've solved all of the problems involving the input of dialogue and workflow without messing up the whole game with the only remaining problem is time (naturally) to put in quality. I also found out recently that jpexs has away to edit the placement of custom words easily meaning that I'll have more freedom in translating because a lot of the custom words (like the name) can feel really unnatural if I force to include it.

If there's anyone interested in helping with the translation, preferably someone with actual japanese translation skills because if not then I'll end up retranslating anyways lol, then don't hesitate to PM! I can handle all the pain in the ass inputting for less hassles.
YOU are my hero:love:

Zarithor

May 17, 2018
Well done bro, Nice to see someone working on this game after all these years. If you need help with any lore feel free to ask. Keep up the good work

FunkSmuggler

May 7, 2018
ALRIGHT so after reading through the thread and downloading three separate translations I was able to combine them all together to make a new one. It contains:
  • Orihime-Normal and aphrodisiac translated (by Symplexity/Selbi7)
  • Yoruichi-Normal translated (by Selbi7), aphrodisiac no translation
  • Sui-Feng-Normal and aphrodisiac translated (by Selbi7)
  • Rangiku-No translation
  • Nemu- Normal partially translated (by Raydoe), aphrodisiac no translation
  • Kukaku-Normal translated (by Raydoe), aphrodisiac no translation
  • Masaki-No translation
  • Harribel-Normal and aphrodisiac translated (by Raydoe)
None of the pregnancy lines are translated either except for Sui-feng's and I plan on cleaning up some of the grammatical errors in Selbi7's translation or finishing up Yoruichi's lines(no promises though). I don't read or speak Japanese so my own translations will be assisted with google translate so don't expect much from me. If any of you guys want to translate any of the characters give me a heads up so I can avoid them.

madbasic

Sep 15, 2016
ALRIGHT so after reading through the thread and downloading three separate translations I was able to combine them all together to make a new one. It contains:
  • Rangiku-No translation
  • Masaki-No translation
None of the pregnancy lines are translated either except for Sui-feng's and I plan on cleaning up some of the grammatical errors in Selbi7's translation or finishing up Yoruichi's lines(no promises though). I don't read or speak Japanese so my own translations will be assisted with google translate so don't expect much from me. If any of you guys want to translate any of the characters give me a heads up so I can avoid them.
thank you very much. After all this years this classic is being translated.

DarkKingRen

May 30, 2017
  • Rangiku-No translation
  • Masaki-No translation
Thank you so much we needed this

Mar 20, 2018
  • Rangiku-No translation
  • Masaki-No translation
Congratulations on the most complete translation of this game we've ever had. I would suggest directly contacting ray.doe as he has some Japanese knowledge and is known to be actively working on the game.

ray.doe

May 21, 2019
thank you very much. After all this years this classic is being translated.
Despite being old, this is still really good compared to recent h-games being released. It's just sad that it was never really finished since the source code got lost. You can tell that there was still more to the game.

None of the pregnancy lines are translated either except for Sui-feng's
The pregnancy lines are the biggest pain in the ass to do since it's basically just the same dialogue but with some changes. It's only natural to leave them out as last (and regularly unfinished lol).

Kinnerman

Modder
Aug 27, 2016

I'm sure that there are a lot of typos in there so PM me for corrections. For Harribel though, I'm thinking of redoing hers from scratch since she was the first character I translated which was a clusterfuck of a mess. Also to clarify, I'm focusing more on the add-on characters for now (Harribel, Kuukaku, and Masaki).

I saw on the other forum that you posted this that you were having trouble triggering some of the lines. Keep in mind that her dialogue changes depending on how much you finger her asshole before penetration. If you don't finger it enough it will bleed and cause her dialogue to be angry. You might have to keep your mouse down for up to 15 to 30 seconds to make sure that doesn't happen.

KennyBoy77

Sep 27, 2019

Holy shit someone's actually doing it! Keep it up man!

ray.doe

May 21, 2019
my updated translation. It's just Harribel's Normal state redone which is better than last time and some other character's lines that I partially translated while playing.

Also, I've been going through my list of triggers again and there are still some lines in the code that I don't see. Harribel is the most complete but there are lines related to her tits that is in a submissive tone(?) that I can't trigger.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes