Flash Translation Request: Mayuri-sama no Jintai Jikkenshits

• Thread starter Deleted member 2738
  • Start date
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Annon Omus

Nov 22, 2018
New guy here, where is the dialogue stored in this mess of files?
I have an abundance of time and figured I may as well contribute something.

EmpsChsn

Aug 12, 2017
All the links work for me. As for where the dialogue is located, I once tried my hand at that for shits and giggles, though I can't remember exactly. I think in the individual swf's for each character. Make sure to keep backups though, I once somehow fucked the entire flash just by translating some stuff (though maybe I altered the wrong one).

Reactions: Deleted member 2738
Mar 20, 2018
After some digging I found some context for the translation.

She wears the "uniform of the commander-in-chief of the Onmitsukidō " under her usual garb.

Onmitsukidō (隠密機動, Secret Tactics, called the Stealth Force in the English dub)

and then 刑軍 is the first branch of the Onmitsukidō, ranked the highest of the five branches in the division... which is the Executive Militia (刑軍, keigun; lit. "Punishment Force")

So she's wearing essentially wearing special enforcers chief uniform (think of siccarios and hitmen, enforcers, Punishers)

Sources: bleach wikia

Yes I realise the last post was 2 years ago.

(This post is translation related.)

Does anyone know what is the name of this costume?

View attachment 73853

It's written 刑戦装束 (Romaji:Keisenshōzoku, loosely translates to prison costume).

EmpsChsn

Aug 12, 2017
I would be willing to pick it up and translate it (albeit slowly and through the help of google and my own context), but the main issue I found is that I just don't know where the hell the dialogue is and how to alter it. Opening the swf with JPEXS however, I can only find how to translate basic stuff like the clothes and characters names.

I tried going back again and checking it out, opening the individual swf's like I thought where the dialogue is, but no dice. If anyone manages to figure out where the dialogue is (or if I need a specific program, what that program is), let me know.

chatter29

Oct 22, 2017
Hi all. Seen that this gem has suddenly respawned, maybe we can arrange some collaborative translation? as Symplexity seems to know how to translate and edit the flash, maybe he can give us the text to translate and give back to him. Any volunteers?

I really love this game, even if its a small one. Just giving the translation would be great. And who knows what we can achieve later :)

Mar 20, 2018
I would be willing to pick it up and translate it (albeit slowly and through the help of google and my own context), but the main issue I found is that I just don't know where the hell the dialogue is and how to alter it. Opening the swf with JPEXS however, I can only find how to translate basic stuff like the clothes and characters names.

I tried going back again and checking it out, opening the individual swf's like I thought where the dialogue is, but no dice. If anyone manages to figure out where the dialogue is (or if I need a specific program, what that program is), let me know.
The path to "spoken" text (not action buttons for each char) is in game.swf

for example, game.swf\scripts\DefineSprite (77)\frame1\DoAction

After looking at this, I can see why people abandoned this. The way its coded is highly confusing and requires you to look at various pieces of information and likely thousands of lines of translation. Personally I wouldn't mind even a machine translation but the sheer volume of work seems prohibitive.

Bear in mind I'm not a programmer, I just followed your instructions and ran JPEXS and searched for the appropriate lines of text; I may be talking out of my ass here and it may be much simpler to an experienced eye, or perhaps another swf decompiler.

EmpsChsn

Aug 12, 2017
Well, thanks to Audi, I've found the text. Like they said it really isn't surprising that most people haven't wanted to try translating this. It isn't so much that the code is confusing, more of that there really is thousands of lines of translation. Thankfully, most of it isn't too complicated and between context, menial knowledge of basic moonspeak and translators it's usually just a matter of rewording. On top of that, there are a lot of sounds and reused text from what I've seen, so it's tedious but not necessarily difficult. I've started translating it every once in a while when I have time, but it's slow.

Assuming something doesn't come up, I'll probably post an update whenever I have one person translated. As I said though, that's not gonna be for a while, even with the start that Symplexity did.

DarkKingRen

May 30, 2017
Where? this thread is dead :(
Well, thanks to Audi, I've found the text. Like they said it really isn't surprising that most people haven't wanted to try translating this. It isn't so much that the code is confusing, more of that there really is thousands of lines of translation. Thankfully, most of it isn't too complicated and between context, menial knowledge of basic moonspeak and translators it's usually just a matter of rewording. On top of that, there are a lot of sounds and reused text from what I've seen, so it's tedious but not necessarily difficult. I've started translating it every once in a while when I have time, but it's slow.

Assuming something doesn't come up, I'll probably post an update whenever I have one person translated. As I said though, that's not gonna be for a while, even with the start that Symplexity did.
here

EmpsChsn

Aug 12, 2017
Yeah, I know it's been a while, but as I've said this is something I'd do in my spare, spare time. Those who attempted to translate it before weren't exaggerating when they were talking about what a pain in the ass it is. On top of not knowing Japanese, I can't even machine translate all of it and then clean it up from there as straight up replacing it fucks with the coding somehow. So I haven't really made progress to report on; likely the equivalent of a few lines as at first I was doing it quite often, but as class and time went on working on it slowed to a halt.

It's not really something I can see someone doing for a lengthy period of time unless they were actually paid for it, or have immense dedication.

Best bet to get this actually translated ever would be to crowdfund to pay an actual translator like Symplexity.

Reactions: chatter29

chatter29

Oct 22, 2017
Yeah, I know it's been a while, but as I've said this is something I'd do in my spare, spare time. Those who attempted to translate it before weren't exaggerating when they were talking about what a pain in the ass it is. On top of not knowing Japanese, I can't even machine translate all of it and then clean it up from there as straight up replacing it fucks with the coding somehow. So I haven't really made progress to report on; likely the equivalent of a few lines as at first I was doing it quite often, but as class and time went on working on it slowed to a halt.

It's not really something I can see someone doing for a lengthy period of time unless they were actually paid for it, or have immense dedication.

Best bet to get this actually translated ever would be to crowdfund to pay an actual translator like Symplexity.
Thanks for the reply! So, theres no meaninfull way of sharing bits of the text and other (like me) help? I have programing knowledge, but I can't imagine how of a mess can be without seeing the code, as you describe.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes