Java None [Translation Request][Java][Text-based] Gentou Maten Rou circle games

Emiya2381

Sep 24, 2018
That's not a font issue, it's an enconding issue. Mojibake typically happens when something is compressed using Shift-JIS instead of UTF-8. You can get around it by mucking about with 7Zip commands but the simplest solution is to just change your system locale to Japanese (there's a non-zero chance this messes with some of your other programs, but very unlikely).

If it's STILL screwed up after that, but the text is just showing as a bunch of boxes, then you're also missing the required font.
My locale is already set to Japan to run VNs so it's definitely a font issue

maliman

Jan 29, 2018
Notepad++ seems to open the data files just fine for me. Looks like there's a lot of unused files from other similar games in there. Also, it looks like the trial is the full version but with a default value set to say it's the trail and the game locks parts. Messing with that might be some easy jolly roger action. Have to be careful with the text parsing if you plan on translating it there though.

Reactions: fregreger

Mosthra

Feb 17, 2018
+1
If anyone decides to translate this series, please purchase the latest version in Gentou Maten Rou's inventory.
There are 3 types of series: Original (Fantasy with original characters) - FGO (fate grand order), and Touhou. There will be a difference between the three series, the latest version is always the complete part of that series. - "この作品は過去作と内容の重複があります。"
I can imagine a dungeon management simulator text game, with all text, but almost 500 mb in size. So how massive its content can be...

Last edited:

fregreger

Apr 28, 2018
Still waiting on someone to tackle this. Text games are always a favorite of mine - think Free cities, Corrupted Saviors or Eratohok.