Java None [Translation Request][Java][Text-based] Gentou Maten Rou circle games

fregreger

Apr 28, 2018
Gentou Maten Rou is a circle that makes a series of Java based text games, very similar to those made in the Era engine. Unfortunately all of them are in Japanese and the games are as you can already guess, entirely consist of text (except the cover pictures). But there is a great deal of content featuring hypnosis, monster sex, gangbangs, virginity, prostitution, tentacles, sex slave training, Rin Tohsaka and all other things that hit my notes. I would like to see someone take a gander at translating any one of his titles, even if it's just a simple machine translation.

Store:
Censored: There are no pictures to censor
Language: JAP

Preview Images:

RJ366176_img_main.jpg RJ366176_img_smp2.jpg

fregreger

Apr 28, 2018
bah i'd do it myself if I could figure out how to extract text from the weird ass java engine

-F-

Dec 16, 2019
bah i'd do it myself if I could figure out how to extract text from the weird ass java engine
there is a .jar file the .bat points to that you have to unpack with winrar or something similar. It contains all the code and text. After translating you just have to repack all of it back into a .jar file and replace the old one.

• Hey there
Reactions: xqctree

fregreger

Apr 28, 2018
I hope it's not one of those games where the text is part of the code. In that case it's hopeless for me to try...

-F-

Dec 16, 2019
I hope it's not one of those games where the text is part of the code. In that case it's hopeless for me to try...
You just have to be careful about punctuation. You have to put a "/" before an apostrophe or semicolon if you want it to count in the sentence instead of the code.

fregreger

Apr 28, 2018
Nope, it is beyond me. If it was a matter of translating a simple rpgmv game, I might be able do it using one of the translation software, but I'm not familiar with java sadly

fregreger

Apr 28, 2018
well here's a typical gmr game, in japanese - if some kind soul would take to task trying to translate it, we would greatly appreciate it

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

-F-

Dec 16, 2019
might take a while, there's a lot of text (crazy, right?), and some of the code is a bit iffy about spaces.

Mar 11, 2021
it's gonna be a long while before anything gets translated isn't it?
on the bright side it shouldn't be too hard to translate the rest once the first one gets done

Sep 10, 2019
+1

I don't even need a real translation, if someone could just figure out some way to make it copy all the text to the clipboard so I can plug it into MTL I'd be fine.
Seems like it might not be that easy though...

Emiya2381

Sep 24, 2018
Does anyone know what font is used for these types of games? You can access the files by unzipping it but all the text is a jumbled mess.

Sep 10, 2019
Does anyone know what font is used for these types of games? You can access the files by unzipping it but all the text is a jumbled mess.
That's not a font issue, it's an enconding issue. Mojibake typically happens when something is compressed using Shift-JIS instead of UTF-8. You can get around it by mucking about with 7Zip commands but the simplest solution is to just change your system locale to Japanese (there's a non-zero chance this messes with some of your other programs, but very unlikely).

If it's STILL screwed up after that, but the text is just showing as a bunch of boxes, then you're also missing the required font.

fregreger

Apr 28, 2018
when you hate filthy gaijins so much who want to play your shitty text game that you encode it in incomprehensible purple code

Reactions: Emiya2381