Others [Translation Request] HengenSouki SHINE MIRAGE -countdown to defeat- (mille-feuille)

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
+1

I bought Blazing Angel Mistletear a couple years ago and it was simply one of the best H Games I've ever played.

That not a single additional mille-fuille production has a translation greatly frustrates.
+1

I'm in total agreement. Blazing Angel Mistletear was amazing, and I still go back from time to time to play it again, even after 100%ing the game.

Been hoping since way back when I first heard another was being made that it would be translated.

Reactions: Eicosa

MrNTR

Jan 23, 2019
I cant open the game it say shinemirage exe cant be opened, anyone know why?
Try renaming the folder and use English letters only. Maybe the name is too long or the Windows don't like the JP characters.

Anyways, I don't care for this one, true to it's source material, it seems to be anal only. Mille Feuille has a new game coming out, btw. It has two heroines who can be out in the field at the same time, not sure if it's multi-player.

Last edited:

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
This is one of the only ACTs that I've actually enjoyed playing, so I'm gonna do my first KiriKiri not from peperoncino and try out some new techniques with pre-processing and stitching text on it. Not planning on doing more than MTL with some limited editing for function and UI for this one, but I'm hoping it'll be less dog shit MTL!

Got it running unpacked, and with some first modifications.

If I'm correct in how I read the files I'm also going to try and create a grinding-free mod that won't be cheating as much as shortcutting, since my enjoyment of the game was not unlimited.

Last edited:

Starkyeahboi

Feb 13, 2021
This is one of the only ACTs that I've actually enjoyed playing, so I'm gonna do my first KiriKiri not from peperoncino and try out some new techniques with pre-processing and stitching text on it. Not planning on doing more than MTL with some limited editing for function and UI for this one, but I'm hoping it'll be less dog shit MTL!

Got it running unpacked, and with some first modifications.

If I'm correct in how I read the files I'm also going to try and create a grinding-free mod that won't be cheating as much as shortcutting, since my enjoyment of the game was not unlimited.
Bless you, Mille-feuille and Lusterise make my fav stuff its good to see 1/2 of them are getting their games translated in some capacity.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
TRANSLATION UPDATE

is now available

This should hopefully be stable. There may still be some minor things untranslated. Merry Christmas, perverts.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

shzam

Apr 27, 2017
TRANSLATION UPDATE

is now available

This should hopefully be stable. There may still be some minor things untranslated. Merry Christmas, perverts.

Just wanted to say thanks for this, amazing to get something as I'd given up hope for this.

The MTL is MTL but readable with some interpretation. Lot's of he/she swaps but if your looking for the context this covers it.

Reactions: PanOp and MuninKai

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Just wanted to say thanks for this, amazing to get something as I'd given up hope for this.

The MTL is MTL but readable with some interpretation. Lot's of he/she swaps but if your looking for the context this covers it.
Yeah, it's a real shame that MTL just does not know how to assign gender. It's so bad I have been tempted to just abolish gender in my MTLs and set a regex to replace he/she with they and so on. Added perk of probably triggering some dweeb.

Oir

Nov 5, 2018
Yeah, it's a real shame that MTL just does not know how to assign gender. It's so bad I have been tempted to just abolish gender in my MTLs and set a regex to replace he/she with they and so on. Added perk of probably triggering some dweeb.
Absolute legend for putting out at least a MTL. Hopefully someone can take it and run for a more polished translation down the road.

PanOp

Jan 20, 2019
Absolute legend for putting out at least a MTL. Hopefully someone can take it and run for a more polished translation down the road.
I wish there was a good way to collaboratively edit these online, like wikipedia/Github deal where people can revise sentence by sentence. Machine Translations are easy to edit into comprehensible language in most circumstances.

All of the MF games are in KiriKiri or KiriKiri2 and don't have copy protection, so the barriers to translations are all elsewhere. The (now) Trilogy of Belt Scrollers and the combined Mahou Shoujo Sae Deluxe are easily some of the greatest eroge ever produced.

Oir

Nov 5, 2018
I wish there was a good way to collaboratively edit these online, like wikipedia/Github deal where people can revise sentence by sentence. Machine Translations are easy to edit into comprehensible language in most circumstances.

All of the MF games are in KiriKiri or KiriKiri2 and don't have copy protection, so the barriers to translations are all elsewhere. The (now) Trilogy of Belt Scrollers and the combined Mahou Shoujo Sae Deluxe are easily some of the greatest eroge ever produced.
I mean, most translations use AutoTranslator or xTranslator which both essentially block out big chunks of text. People could compile them into a text file. The trouble is getting them all onto a share-able platform. I guess someone could just make a big ol' google drive and make it publicly editable. That also opens you up to some troll just deleting everything if they wanted to though.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020

Well, do I have news for you! That's exactly what I do. I use my own custom scripts for doing these translations, and all of the data is output as easily edited CSVs. If you ever want to improve the MTL for any game I translated, just give me a shout and I'll send you the files and a little how-to.

Though building a website that would provide a UI for doing this kind of thing that is more customisable might be an interesting project and actually get me to finish the Python webdesign class I started.

I mean, most translations use AutoTranslator or xTranslator which both essentially block out big chunks of text. People could compile them into a text file. The trouble is getting them all onto a share-able platform. I guess someone could just make a big ol' google drive and make it publicly editable. That also opens you up to some troll just deleting everything if they wanted to though.
For Goblin Burrow: I'll borne the way I've been doing it is Google Drive. I just upload a zip file of all the text output files. As people do the translation they upload it back to the Drive or DM me whichever is easier. I do some health checks to check formatting then integrate it. Works well enough.

I'm gonna start work on Excel Chiffon. No idea what kind of timeline that'll be since it's a 3GB game, so I presume there's a lot going on and I haven't looked at the files to figure out if I can just reuse my Shine Mirage scripts or if I'll need to add some new regex rules to fully capture all the text.