• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RPGM [translation request] ELDORANTE

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Alrighty, everything except picture based text should be translated in SLRMTL0.98 now and I've fixed a bunch of bugs.
If you still see Japanese that isn't a picture, please report that to me.
I will now use my OCR system to translate the picture based text for 1.00 and then I'll view this project as finished unless I get reports of issues.

I can't claim I will miss this mess of a project.

Edit: There's 786 pictures with picture based text, quite a few of which will need to be manually translated because of the fancy font and/or spacing. So no, I still don't promise this to be fully finished this year.

Last edited:

winterwisp

Feb 13, 2022
I wanna report 2 problems I've encountered, one was the HUD problem which you mentioned was fixed. Well, it seems the command for the equipment button in combat is "Change equipment", not equipment, so it can be fixed by changing the name of the picture in the "Huds" file. And the other one is the slum event when finishing the first 2 dungeons. For some reasons it crashes whenever you start the event in the evening and noon, but works completely fine in the morning. Both cases crashes the same way. Only when picking this event in the morning did the crash not happen.
1700750466847.png
Edit: It would also crash even when the event is done and you try to go back there. Dunno whether it would crash when the time passes while you're still in the slums though.
Edit 2: Wait no, it would still crash even when you're inside the slums.
Edit 3: Oh, so there's also night time, and it doesn't crash in night time.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I wanna report 2 problems I've encountered, one was the HUD problem which you mentioned was fixed. Well, it seems the command for the equipment button in combat is "Change equipment", not equipment, so it can be fixed by changing the name of the picture in the "Huds" file. And the other one is the slum event when finishing the first 2 dungeons. For some reasons it crashes whenever you start the event in the evening and noon, but works completely fine in the morning. Both cases crashes the same way. Only when picking this event in the morning did the crash not happen.
View attachment 3111634
If possible please share me a save to quickly reproduce that slum event error.

Edit: Traced one of the error instances to Map148 Event ID037, but I still have no idea what on earth caused it.

Last edited:

winterwisp

Feb 13, 2022
If possible please share me a save to quickly reproduce that slum event error.
Here's the save. Sorry for troubling you. Oh, right, the slum is on the right side, blocked by an npc. To bypass him, you need to talk to the ninja girl (mabye?) near you before going there.

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Here's the save. Sorry for troubling you. Oh, right, the slum is on the right side, blocked by an npc. To bypass him, you need to talk to the ninja girl (mabye?) near you before going there.
That specific event should be fixed in SLRMTL0.99, but I have no idea how it got broken in the first place. That was not something wrongly translated, or something like that. It was a part that shouldn't have been touched at all, which somehow got corrupted during re-encoding to rvdata2.
So considering there's 923 Maps with thousands of other events, there's likely more problems. :HideThePain:

Last edited:

winterwisp

Feb 13, 2022
That specific event should be fixed in SLRMTL0.99, but I have no idea how it got broken in the first place. That was not something wrongly translated, or something like that. It was a part that shouldn't have been touched at all, which somehow got corrupted during re-encoding to rvdata2.
So considering there's 923 Maps with thousands of other events, there's likely more problems. :HideThePain:
tbf, I think the crash wasn't about the event itself but the whole slum map, which, for some reasons, crashes whenever you enter during noon and evening, even when you finished the slum event. Sleeping in the slum also result in the same crash. Yet when entering during morning and night, things run just fine. The whole time system really caused hell and it might be why the game wasn't, and might never be officially translated. Well, as they say, games are like a house of cards. They barely stick together.
Other than that, there's still no new bug yet, luckily. Imma keep playing to see if there's anything else to report.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
tbf, I think the crash wasn't about the event itself but the whole slum map, which, for some reasons, crashes whenever you enter during noon and evening, even when you finished the slum event. Sleeping in the slum also result in the same crash. Yet when entering during morning and night, things run just fine. The whole time system really caused hell and it might be why the game wasn't, and might never be officially translated. Well, as they say, games are like a house of cards. They barely stick together.
Other than that, there's still no new bug yet, luckily. Imma keep playing to see if there's anything else to report.
In Ace all possible events load the moment you enter the map. So every action that caused you to enter Map148 crashed the game because the corrupted event code loaded.
Map148 is not the only instance of the slums though, that's what makes it a bit confusing.

Edit: Probably means it still crashes now because I only fixed 148 and you say it crashes during noon and evening, which I assume are two different maps.
Edit2: Yep Noon still crashes.

Last edited:

winterwisp

Feb 13, 2022
In Ace all possible events load the moment you enter the map. So every action that caused you to enter Map148 crashed the game because the corrupted event code loaded.
Map148 is not the only instance of the slums though, that's what makes it a bit confusing.

Edit: Probably means it still crashes now because I only fixed 148 and you say it crashes during noon and evening, which I assume are two different maps.
If so then it doesn't really explain the part where the event can be done in the morning and night, yet we can't even enter the slums during evening and noon. So yep, the slum during noon and evening might be 2 different maps, which brings to a total of 4 different types of maps of the same area. No wonder there are so many map files...

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
If so then it doesn't really explain the part where the event can be done in the morning and night, yet we can't even enter the slums during evening and noon. So yep, the slum during noon and evening might be 2 different maps, which brings to a total of 4 different types of maps of the same area. No wonder there are so many map files...
There's a different Map for every single permanent change.
Meaning if a new NPC appears or a NPC changes location permanently there's a new map including variations if you enter a Map before or after finishing specific requirements.
For example the slum entry introduction event exists on the slum variations Map003, Map123, Map147, Map148, Map149 and Map568.
Now having properly checked, that specific corrupted event that made stuff crash during the evening only exists on Map148, which means the Noon Map error is actually a different corrupted event.

It's always great when devs take the time to neatly sort things instead of just adding random shit on a pile. *Sarcasm intensifies*

Edit: Seems to be Map149.
Edit2: Nvm, while I found a broken event on 149. That wasn't it.
Edit3: Found it. Map147.
Edit4: Fixed in SLRMTL0.991.

Last edited:

winterwisp

Feb 13, 2022
There's a different Map for every single permanent change.
Meaning if a new NPC appears or a NPC changes location permanently there's a new map including variations if you enter a Map before or after finishing specific requirements.
For example the slum entry introduction event exists on the slum variations Map003, Map123, Map147, Map148, Map149 and Map568.
Now having properly checked, that specific corrupted event that made stuff crash during the evening only exists on Map148, which means the Noon Map error is actually a different corrupted event.

It's always great when devs take the time to neatly sort things instead of just adding random shit on a pile. *Sarcasm intensifies*

Edit: Seems to be Map149.
Edit2: Nvm, while I found a broken event on 149. That wasn't it.
Edit3: Found it. Map147.
Edit4: Fixed in SLRMTL0.991.
My head hurts...
Oh, currently there should be no problem with other areas so that should be it.

• Haha
Reactions: Shisaye

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
My head hurts...
Hey, at least it's not Wolf RPG, things could be so much worse. :KEK:

On another fun note, because the dev used a tiny stylized font without defined edges my neural network for OCR completely failed. The result is arguably worse than no translation, because it's really just random words.
So If I want to make this translation complete I will seriously have to manually edit 786 pictures now. :HideThePain:

Edit: To put it in better numbers, if I take 2 minutes per picture, that would be 26.2 hours of work.

Last edited:

Liana0603

Mar 12, 2022
Hey, at least it's not Wolf RPG, things could be so much worse. :KEK:

On another fun note, because the dev used a tiny stylized font without defined edges my neural network for OCR completely failed. The result is arguably worse than no translation, because it's really just random words.
So If I want to make this translation complete I will seriously have to manually edit 786 pictures now. :HideThePain:

Edit: To put it in better numbers, if I take 2 minutes per picture, that would be 26.2 hours of work.
So, can the game still be played comfortably without those 786 photos? ( ̄∇ ̄)

winterwisp

Feb 13, 2022
I would say at least after the slum is fixed but yes, the translation is already great as is. Though you'll have to do some edits since some pictures in huds file needs to be renamed, and potentially some more fixing too.
Though if this site allows, I can upload my file to drive and spare others the effort to wait for >7 hours of download from hentai-sharing

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I'm still planning to translate them. I just wanted to mention how much work this shit is.
I already manually copy and pasted text for 8 hours to translate the quests so I'm kinda committed to this project.

I'm trying to make it a habit to complain about everything to try to fight the notion a lot of people have that MTLing a game is just pressing one button. :KEK:

At the very least I'm going to translate essential picture based text, like the difficulty settings, the dungeon overviews, and descriptions.
(But I might skip Map names because most of them are literally just "NameoftheDungeon Floor 1" "NameoftheDungeon Floor 2" "NameoftheDungeon Floor 3" etc. They really don't give you any new information considering you chose the dungeon at the start and know what it's called.)

Liana0603

Mar 12, 2022
I'm still planning to translate them. I just wanted to mention how much work this shit is.
I already manually copy and pasted text for 8 hours to translate the quests so I'm kinda committed to this project.

I'm trying to make it a habit to complain about everything to try to fight the notion a lot of people have that MTLing a game is just pressing one button. :KEK:

At the very least I'm going to translate essential picture based text, like the difficulty settings, the dungeon overviews, and descriptions.
(But I might skip Map names because most of them are literally just "NameoftheDungeon Floor 1" "NameoftheDungeon Floor 2" "NameoftheDungeon Floor 3" etc. They really don't give you any new information considering you chose the dungeon at the start and know what it's called.)
oh okay thanks for your effort I will wait

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I've never done this before sorry if i messed up
Since you didn't describe your problem I had to do guesswork what you mean, but I fixed some crashes that happened when transitioning to the night map version in certain areas. For example when doing the heart/prostitution events.
Please try SLRMTL0.992.